Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345678910Next
Current Page: 7 of 10
Re: OT: Mötley Crüe 2022 Tour
Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: February 24, 2022 19:07

Dan
NashvilleBlues
Chitown23
I've been holding onto tickets for this postponed show for about 2 years. Seen all the bands before. Not sure the show will be awesome, but hoping the people watching will be!

Oh, you know the crowd-watching will be something! Wow!

Seeing so many people in poor health and physical distress nagivating the walk to the cheap seats at the Hollywood Bowl in 2014 I told myself even if this isn't the last Motley Crue tour, it's the last tour for a lot of people.

>grinning smiley<

Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: February 24, 2022 19:15

Dan
NashvilleBlues
Chitown23
I've been holding onto tickets for this postponed show for about 2 years. Seen all the bands before. Not sure the show will be awesome, but hoping the people watching will be!

Oh, you know the crowd-watching will be something! Wow!

Seeing so many people in poor health and physical distress nagivating the walk to the cheap seats at the Hollywood Bowl in 2014 I told myself even if this isn't the last Motley Crue tour, it's the last tour for a lot of people.

Good thing Vince "Meal" doesn't have to find a seat. Hell, he doesn't even sing 1/2 the lyrics any more.

[www.youtube.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-02-24 19:22 by NashvilleBlues.

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: February 24, 2022 19:23

Dan
DGA35
VoodooLounge13
I know plenty of people who were talking about this one last year, and even all thru the fall. I've seen Lep long after the big stadium tours, and they put on a good show. Wouldn't mind seeing all the others too, and if tix were priced right would probably go. I know my boys would love to see Lep and Crue, and so would the Mrs. and her aunt LOL

I'm wondering if Vince Neil will be able to last the whole tour. Saw a vid from late last year where he had to stop a concert mid way through because of his voice. All the bands will pretty much do a greatest hits show. Leppard and Poison toured together which was great. Joan Jett is really good.
There is a fifth opening act whose name I can't remember. I'm guessing this will be about a 7 hour concert all together. Not sure if I want to sit that long.

Classless Act, the opening band will play 20 mins and the next band will be onstage 30 mins after ticket time if not at ticket time. Pretty suce Poison and JJ are 45 mins each.

If Vince Neil is alive and sucking down oxygen he will be onstage. Don't expect too much in the way of quality control. They already have the money. Unlike Joe Elliot I doubt he can lip synch effectively though a huge chunk of the Motley Crue set is pre-recorded.
Speaking of being in road worthy shape , is Mick Mars going to play with Motley Crue ? How is his shape and condition ?

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: February 24, 2022 23:54

TheGreek
Dan
DGA35
VoodooLounge13
I know plenty of people who were talking about this one last year, and even all thru the fall. I've seen Lep long after the big stadium tours, and they put on a good show. Wouldn't mind seeing all the others too, and if tix were priced right would probably go. I know my boys would love to see Lep and Crue, and so would the Mrs. and her aunt LOL

I'm wondering if Vince Neil will be able to last the whole tour. Saw a vid from late last year where he had to stop a concert mid way through because of his voice. All the bands will pretty much do a greatest hits show. Leppard and Poison toured together which was great. Joan Jett is really good.
There is a fifth opening act whose name I can't remember. I'm guessing this will be about a 7 hour concert all together. Not sure if I want to sit that long.

Classless Act, the opening band will play 20 mins and the next band will be onstage 30 mins after ticket time if not at ticket time. Pretty suce Poison and JJ are 45 mins each.

If Vince Neil is alive and sucking down oxygen he will be onstage. Don't expect too much in the way of quality control. They already have the money. Unlike Joe Elliot I doubt he can lip synch effectively though a huge chunk of the Motley Crue set is pre-recorded.
Speaking of being in road worthy shape , is Mick Mars going to play with Motley Crue ? How is his shape and condition ?
Mick Mars, and I mean this in the absolute nicest way because I love him and think he's one of our truly underrated guitarists, looks like he's one step away from death and has for awhile. He did an interview probably 7 years ago where he said he couldn't wait till they stopped touring because his body just truly couldn't take it. That he has such back problems and trouble walking, yet they still trod him out. I don't really imagine he's gotten much healthier but I assume he won't kick the bucket on tour.

Between him and Vince, and this is coming from a fan of Motley's hits, you have to truly ask why they even bother. I guess money, and Tommy and Nikki are in good enough shape, but Vince has been pretty bad for like 20 years now with no sign of ever truly getting better. Its a nostalgia cow they just can't stop milking.

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: February 25, 2022 00:23

Mick Mars is onstage for a 90 min set 3 times and traveling in luxury. Doubt it will be much tougher than whatever he is doing at home. And he may have an understudy, rumored to be DJ Ashba during the 2005 tour.

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: February 25, 2022 00:34

Posers

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: February 25, 2022 01:44

RollingFreak
TheGreek
Dan
DGA35
VoodooLounge13

Mick Mars, and I mean this in the absolute nicest way because I love him and think he's one of our truly underrated guitarists, looks like he's one step away from death and has for awhile. He did an interview probably 7 years ago where he said he couldn't wait till they stopped touring because his body just truly couldn't take it. That he has such back problems and trouble walking, yet they still trod him out. I don't really imagine he's gotten much healthier but I assume he won't kick the bucket on tour.

Between him and Vince, and this is coming from a fan of Motley's hits, you have to truly ask why they even bother. I guess money, and Tommy and Nikki are in good enough shape, but Vince has been pretty bad for like 20 years now with no sign of ever truly getting better. Its a nostalgia cow they just can't stop milking.

Yup, it's all about the money!! I'm wondering with 4 bands, perhaps Crue and Leppard might play 1:15 each with Poison 1 hour and Joan 45 minutes. Maybe Tommy will do a long drum solo, too.

I'm still hoping AC/DC announce a summer stadium tour.

Posted by: shattered ()
Date: February 25, 2022 05:08

DGA35
RollingFreak
TheGreek
Dan
DGA35
VoodooLounge13

Yup, it's all about the money!! I'm wondering with 4 bands, perhaps Crue and Leppard might play 1:15 each with Poison 1 hour and Joan 45 minutes. Maybe Tommy will do a long drum solo, too.

I'm still hoping AC/DC announce a summer stadium tour.

OT but........[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: February 25, 2022 13:09

....ok....anyone watching the Hulu series Pamela and Tommy?....trainwreck you can't stop watching...feel bad for Pamela...the exploitation....watching with the spouse......we're hooked!

Re: OT: Mötley Crüe/Def Leppard 2022 Tour
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: March 25, 2022 18:26

Def Leppard’s Joe Elliott on New LP, Upcoming Motley Crue Tour, and Why They’ll Never Retire

They’re about to start a three-year stadium tour with Poison and Mötley Crüe, but just don’t call them hair metal

By Andy Greene
March 25, 2022

Anton Corbijn

[www.rollingstone.com]

Date: March 25, 2022 18:32

bye bye johnny
Def Leppard’s Joe Elliott on New LP, Upcoming Motley Crue Tour, and Why They’ll Never Retire

They’re about to start a three-year stadium tour with Poison and Mötley Crüe, but just don’t call them hair metal

By Andy Greene
March 25, 2022

Anton Corbijn

[www.rollingstone.com]

DL always wants to distance themselves from that scene but then they tour with Poison and Motley Crue? Not helping their cause at all. I enjoy DL and MC, but they should know who they are.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: March 26, 2022 19:24

Was about to post that link, yeah it doesn't really make sense...in the interview he talks about rebranding "twenty years ago", i.e. Finding an audience again and touring with these acts that are little more than a "joke" TBH means they're just going where the "money" is...
There was a time when Def Leppard "meant" something but they really haven't made much of a dent since they lost Steve Clark in 91. It doesn't help that Elliott lost the little bit of singing voice he had and it's been tapes ever since the horrible sounding Vegas shows in 2011.
He does make interesting comments about recording new music though!

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: daniel t ()
Date: March 28, 2022 02:23

Wouldn't pay $5 to see these bands. Damn, I hated these groups. Elliott had no voice when he was 25, so... I even wonder why it is on a Stones' board, even as a OT entry.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: March 28, 2022 07:42

NashvilleBlues
bye bye johnny

[www.rollingstone.com]

DL always wants to distance themselves from that scene but then they tour with Poison and Motley Crue? Not helping their cause at all. I enjoy DL and MC, but they should know who they are.

Joe Elliot couldn't be more clear:

I have a problem with people that can’t see beyond the fact that although the Sunset Strip was alight in 1985, 1986, 1987, we were in @#$%&’ Windmill Lane [Recording Studios] and Holland making Hysteria. We were so far removed from all that stuff. To me, it’s lazy journalism. It’s just lazy.

If people haven’t figured that out yet, they’ve been living under a rock. I can’t make excuses for them.

Date: March 28, 2022 11:25

GasLightStreet
NashvilleBlues
bye bye johnny

[www.rollingstone.com]

Joe Elliot couldn't be more clear:

I have a problem with people that can’t see beyond the fact that although the Sunset Strip was alight in 1985, 1986, 1987, we were in @#$%&’ Windmill Lane [Recording Studios] and Holland making Hysteria. We were so far removed from all that stuff. To me, it’s lazy journalism. It’s just lazy.

If people haven’t figured that out yet, they’ve been living under a rock. I can’t make excuses for them.

I read it. His band’s actions say otherwise. And, in the 80’s, they sure didn’t try to distance themselves from that scene. Can’t recall him saying anything about it till after the hair metal scene was officially dead. Seems a bit like revisionist history.

Date: March 28, 2022 11:35

They made some good album that weren't hair metal in the beginning. However, they were willingly joining that scene when they turned successful.

So, it might not be that black and white after all...

Date: March 28, 2022 22:32

DandelionPowderman
They made some good album that weren't hair metal in the beginning. However, they were willingly joining that scene when they turned successful.

So, it might not be that black and white after all...

Exactly. Embrace it, or don't, but embracing it when it's acceptable and rejecting it when it's unpopular seems weak and dishonest.

Date: May 26, 2022 13:58

Def Leppard on "Jimmy Kimmel Live!" May 25:

Re: OT: Mötley Crüe / Def Leppard 2022 Tour
Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: May 26, 2022 14:24

Hair metal to me = not too serious and lots of fun. 80's soundtrack to a long party. I hate that grunge killed it. smileys with beer

Date: June 17, 2022 14:36

The Stadium Tour kicked off in Atlanta last night. Tommy Lee played on a handful of songs before he told the crowd he'd broken several ribs recently and introduced his replacement, Tommy Clufetos.

MOTLEY CRUE DELIVER WILD STADIUM TOUR SHOW

By Bryan Rolli
June 16, 2022

[ultimateclassicrock.com]

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: June 17, 2022 16:46

Man I woulda been p'd if I'd paid to see them, and got some fill-in. I've been on the fence with this tour for some time now. Still might try and catch them in Boston, but will see how more shows go. My youngest loves Lep, and they do put on a good show. This is a lot of hair metal for the buck!!!

Date: June 17, 2022 16:59

925 days on: the first night Stadium Tour setlists are in and Tommy Lee retires hurt

The long-awaited, twice-postponed Stadium Tour starring Motley Crue, Def Leppard, Poison and Joan Jett is finally underway - and the action is packed

By Fraser Lewry
June 16, 2022

[www.loudersound.com]

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: June 17, 2022 19:40

Kind of surprised that Def Leppard played last. I wonder if they will switch on different shows, maybe when Tommy Lee is healed up. I didn't read anything about a drum stunt on this show. Would be hard to top the one on the farewell tour though. I saw the last show outside of LA in Vegas. The band was great, Vince Neil not so much. I also saw the Crue open 2 shows for the Stones on Bigger Bang & they were actually pretty good. The Stones let them have a pretty big show for an opening act. Most of the crowd weren't into it though.

Posted by: hbwriter ()
Date: June 17, 2022 19:47

crholmstrom
Kind of surprised that Def Leppard played last. I wonder if they will switch on different shows, maybe when Tommy Lee is healed up. I didn't read anything about a drum stunt on this show. Would be hard to top the one on the farewell tour though. I saw the last show outside of LA in Vegas. The band was great, Vince Neil not so much. I also saw the Crue open 2 shows for the Stones on Bigger Bang & they were actually pretty good. The Stones let them have a pretty big show for an opening act. Most of the crowd weren't into it though.

they are alternating headliner slots

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: June 17, 2022 21:16

Def Leppard are surprisingly still pretty big. They usually headline the tours they do, and even as a fan, I'm truly surprised they have as big a following as they still do.

Posted by: wickerman ()
Date: June 17, 2022 21:29

Leppard are big in the US and attempted playing a few stadium shows on their own in recent years. However I am surprised that the show both bands offer is far from initial expectations with their biggest shows ever, crazy drum rollercoaster for Crüe etc. It seems it's a small-sized stadium stage and scaled down production - ever lacking pyro that Crüe was always famous for. Kinda disappointing they went for a low budget - even if they lost some money postponing the tour for 2 years.

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: June 17, 2022 21:51

RollingFreak
Def Leppard are surprisingly still pretty big. They usually headline the tours they do, and even as a fan, I'm truly surprised they have as big a following as they still do.

Hysteria & Pyromania were huge records in terms of sales. Especially Hysteria. I think they had about 6 hit singles/songs on that record. Mutt Lange had the magic touch for quite awhile.

Date: June 17, 2022 22:00

wickerman
Leppard are big in the US and attempted playing a few stadium shows on their own in recent years. However I am surprised that the show both bands offer is far from initial expectations with their biggest shows ever, crazy drum rollercoaster for Crüe etc. It seems it's a small-sized stadium stage and scaled down production - ever lacking pyro that Crüe was always famous for. Kinda disappointing they went for a low budget - even if they lost some money postponing the tour for 2 years.

Didn’t Motley Crue play before dark? Maybe they’ll have pyro when they’re closing and it’s dark out. But, yes, the show definitely seems pretty no-frills. I wouldn’t say cheap, but definitely inexpensive.

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: June 17, 2022 22:03

crholmstrom
RollingFreak

Hysteria & Pyromania were huge records in terms of sales. Especially Hysteria. I think they had about 6 hit singles/songs on that record. Mutt Lange had the magic touch for quite awhile.

Yes, and also, Leppard have always remained active, constantly touring, with KISS and also alot with Poison/Tesla.

Date: June 19, 2022 13:33

Goto Page: Previous12345678910Next
Current Page: 7 of 10

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1896
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home