Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12345678910Next
Current Page: 1 of 10
OT: Mötley Crüe / Def Leppard 2022 - 2023 Tour
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: November 18, 2019 17:41

Mötley Crüe, Def Leppard, Poison Set 2020 Stadium Tour

“There is no amount of money that would ever make me do it again because I have such pride in how we’re ending it,” Nikki Sixx said in 2014

By Andy Greene
November 18, 2019

[www.rollingstone.com]

--

Mötley Crüe The Stadium Tour 2020 - [www.youtube.com]

[www.motley.com]

--

STADIUM TOUR OF 2022 KICKS OFF THIS JUNE
5 NEW SHOWS ADDED!
NEW DATES ON SALE FEB. 25 AT 10 AM
LIVENATION.COM

[twitter.com]

[www.motley.com]

Edited 6 time(s). Last edit at 2023-03-17 20:26 by bye bye johnny.

Re: OT: Mötley Crüe 2020 Tour
Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: November 18, 2019 17:46

This would actually be a fun tour to catch. Not a Poison fan but they put on a good show.

Vince needs to lose about 40 pounds though, and both Vince and Tommy need to sober up.

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: November 18, 2019 17:48

I'm dying laughing. This is one of the more embarrassing announcements in recent memory, for many reasons. Its easier to count what bands aren't pathetically touring than are these days.

Date: November 18, 2019 17:58

Who really cares at this point? No one ever put "Mötley Crüe" and "artistic integrity" in the same sentence, and pretty much EVERYONE knew that the sham "cessation of touring" contract signing was PR stunt and would be broken eventually.

Date: November 18, 2019 18:01

Its funny even just on the level of Motley Crue and Def Leppard being a stadium draw in 2020. I like and enjoy both of those bands, but I can't imagine how you drum up even an ounce of interest in that. The concert business is such a hilarious struggle these days, I'm happy to sit back with popcorn and watch it all go down.

Date: November 18, 2019 18:04

RollingFreak
Its funny even just on the level of Motley Crue and Def Leppard being a stadium draw in 2020. I like and enjoy both of those bands, but I can't imagine how you drum up even an ounce of interest in that. The concert business is such a hilarious struggle these days, I'm happy to sit back with popcorn and watch it all go down.
Stadiums seems awfully ambitious...if they stuck to sheds and arenas, this tour would absolutely kill.

The only older acts who can fill outdoor stadiums these days are McCartney, the Stones, U2, Bruce with E-Street, AC/DC, and Metallica.

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: November 18, 2019 18:16

keefriff99
RollingFreak
Stadiums seems awfully ambitious...if they stuck to sheds and arenas, this tour would absolutely kill.

The only older acts who can fill outdoor stadiums these days are McCartney, the Stones, U2, Bruce with E-Street, AC/DC, and Metallica.

G n R should probably be on that list I think.

Date: November 18, 2019 18:17

keefriff99
RollingFreak

I mean I guess the idea is Def Leppard and Motley Crue are two acts that usually "headlined" a shed show with another decently named support under them. So if you put them together, then its too good for a shed, although thats when you'd do an arena, not a @#$%& stadium. I do know that Def Leppard and Journey have played stadiums in middle America, so maybe thats where they got the idea, but the whole thing seems insane to me. Neither act is quite an arena act anymore, so to bypass that (which I'm not even sure an arena would be a sell out these days at Motley's prices) to move to stadiums is crazy and I look forward to seeing this trainwreck. Makes The Black Crowes seem downright welcome lol.

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: November 18, 2019 18:31

Turn back the clock to 2000 when Motley Crue toured with Poison and some one else , it wasn't Def Leopard .

Date: November 18, 2019 18:34

TheGreek
Turn back the clock to 2000 when Motley Crue toured with Poison and some one else , it wasn't Def Leopard .

Turn it back to 2008 when I saw Poison tour with Def Leppard. Cheap Trick was the "Motley Crue" support. Poison will literally tour with anyone that will have them.

Date: November 18, 2019 18:40

TheGreek

motley crue and poison did not tour together in 2000. I saw poison in 2000 and I think it was quiet riot and warrant with them. maybe enuff znuff

the crue did a tour in 2000 with anthrax and megadeth and anthrax pulled out after like 10 shows

Posted by: OpenG ()
Date: November 18, 2019 18:50

I always loved Mick Mars guitar tone and bluesy aggressive riffs not sure what he is up to these days he had some serious health issues to struggle with.

Date: November 18, 2019 18:59

crholmstrom
keefriff99
RollingFreak

G n R should probably be on that list I think.
Yep, good point.

Posted by: Send It To me ()
Date: November 18, 2019 19:00

Class action suit on behalf of everyone who bought a ticket to the farewell tour on the basis of fraud? lol

Date: November 18, 2019 19:02

Elton John could probably fill stadiums in the LA and NYC markets, but probably not on a nationwide level. Same with Billy Joel...definitely Citi Field in NY but nowhere else. A lot of artists have regional appeal (hometown boy, etc)

Date: November 18, 2019 19:07

keefriff99
Elton John could probably fill stadiums in the LA and NYC markets, but probably not on a nationwide level. Same with Billy Joel...definitely Citi Field in NY but nowhere else. A lot of artists have regional appeal (hometown boy, etc)

yeah I remember one time before he hit big bob seger talking about playing the Pontiac silverdome and then a few hundred miles away playing a place they held just a few thousand

Date: November 18, 2019 19:12

keefriff99
Same with Billy Joel...definitely Citi Field in NY but nowhere else.

Billy Joel's been doing stadium shows for the past few years in Boston and Philadelphia. He also played several other ballparks this year.

[www.rollingstone.com]

Date: November 18, 2019 19:45

keefriffhard4life
keefriff99

yeah I remember one time before he hit big bob seger talking about playing the Pontiac silverdome and then a few hundred miles away playing a place they held just a few thousand

Yup:

The success of Seger's music at this time, however, was highly regional, with Seger still remaining quite unknown even in adjacent media markets such as Chicago. In June 1976, for example, Seger played the Pontiac Silverdome in metropolitan Detroit at a historic concert that also included Point Blank, Elvin Bishop and Todd Rundgren. 78,000 people were in attendance and the concert lasted until nearly 1:30 a.m. The next night, Seger played for fewer than a thousand people in Chicago.

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: November 18, 2019 19:56

OpenG
I always loved Mick Mars guitar tone and bluesy aggressive riffs not sure what he is up to these days he had some serious health issues to struggle with.

My thoughts too. Is Mick up to a tour?

Date: November 18, 2019 20:01

Elmo Lewis
OpenG

Mick could barely hold a guitar on their last tour. He looks like he's about to fall apart unfortunately.

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: November 18, 2019 20:38

RollingFreak
Elmo Lewis
OpenG

Mick could barely hold a guitar on their last tour. He looks like he's about to fall apart unfortunately.

It's amazing he can play at all given what I've read about what he is fighting. I saw the last show outside of LA in Vegas. The band was really good, Vince Neil not so much. Mick did some really great guitar stuff & the spectacle was good enough where KISS & Travis Scott have liberally "borrowed" concepts from it.

Date: November 18, 2019 21:48

Vince Neil denying reunion rumors two weeks ago:

"People these rumors are false. I haven’t spoken to any band member’s since movie premiere. I had to cancel shows due to back problems which I am getting treatment now. There is no tension between me and Tommy. Don’t believe anything from These so-called gossip sites. Keep Rocking"

[twitter.com]

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: November 18, 2019 22:11

keefriff99

On this farewell tour he could play stadiums in other cities, too. He did 3 shows in Vancouver to 45000 so he could have played BC Place instead. Toronto and Montreal would have sold out, too since he's done/doing multiple shows there.

Can't believe Crue doing this, though. I guess the offer of big bucks is enough for any band to go back out. Saw Leppard/Poison/Tesla a couple years ago. Great show, timed down to the minute as far as the show length. 1.5 Leppard, 1 Poison and 45 minutes Tesla, just greatest hits.

Posted by: Ladykiller ()
Date: November 18, 2019 23:53

I was thinking to fly for their final show on 12/31/2015 to Los Angeles.

Sooooooooooooo glad I didn't it!!!!!

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: November 19, 2019 00:09

RollingFreak

I can't imagine this being in anything but stadiums,

You don't have to sell 60,000 tix at full price to be profitable.

Live Nation pays them up front, also handles production & logistics as well. The bands only have to show up

Sell 1/3 at premium prices, 1/3 at middle range and 1/3 blow out in fire sales.

Keep in mind LN makes money off fees, a percentage of concessions (ever see how the prices change from ball games to concerts?) and parking. That there is worth millions.

This will be around 20 shows likely piggybacked with other Live Nation stadium shows, possibly the entire Green Day tour, in order to save money on production.

30,000 a night and this tour is a success. Def Leppard is a huge draw now for whatever reason. Both bands have likely added a third generation of customers since the last Motley Crue tour.

And these package tours sell an insane amount of beer. Live Nation will make more off this than they would a 20 date U2 stadium tour.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: November 19, 2019 00:11

Lol...what a joke.

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: November 19, 2019 00:40

Nope, not going, no chance.

Posted by: Ladykiller ()
Date: November 19, 2019 00:44

eye popping smileyHas there been any farewell tour that has actually been the last one?eye popping smiley

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: November 19, 2019 00:45

…. drop a tab of acid and jump on
a roller coaster ride …. Just as funny but way way cheaper …..

ROCKMAN

Date: November 19, 2019 00:59

Goto Page: 12345678910Next
Current Page: 1 of 10

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1797
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home