Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: Endeavour, season 6
Posted by: noughties ()
Date: November 17, 2019 23:22

Season 6 of the Endeavour series has reached the Norwegian shores. Now the year is 1969. The first episode had a complexity that I only barely was able to grasp.

A review in The Guardian talked about a bit of Led Zep`s "What Is And What Should Never Be" was to be heard, but nothing of that in Episode 1 and 2 as far as I could hear.

It all builds up towards the end of each episode, and it is easy for a non English viewer to loose the thread. The second episode was a real challenge in that respect, where an early example of a key party was one of the ingrediences. The pictures are great, the acting is great, those times are marvelously recaptured. -Uh, and those ugly interiors!

Viewed from our times, it all may still look like the 50s with some modern twists.The Thursday character looks so faithful and steady. He`s still wearing a hat. His daughter looks like a true 60s girl. I wish they still could be like that! That George that lost his life at the end of season 5 looked like a young Bryan Ferry.

The new boss looks like he is full of latent aggression, wearing a pique shirt instead of shirt and tie. Well, a sign of new times to come, I take it. In 1969, things were beginning to look like the 70s, as it just further evolved in 70 and 71. -3 years that still wasn`t the 70s as we think of it, but it wasn`t the 60s either, -something in between!

I think I previously made a thread about season 5 too, the 1968 episodes. "There`s a new time now!", -for better and worse, I`ll guess.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-11-18 02:45 by noughties.

Re: OT: Endevour, season 6
Posted by: Deltics ()
Date: November 17, 2019 23:36

We've already had it in the UK and filming for season 7 started in August.
It'll be shown sometime next year.

[www.radiotimes.com]

"As we say in England, it can get a bit trainspottery"

Re: OT: Endeavour, season 6
Date: November 18, 2019 02:45

Thank you for the link!

Date: November 23, 2019 01:27

-Just watched the 3rd episode. That was nothing. Is Thursday getting corrupted?

Posted by: DaveG ()
Date: November 23, 2019 02:46

I watched Season 6 here in the US and have to say that I did not like the “new guard”. All I will say is be patient, lots of unexpected twists and turns. I very much enjoy that brilliant series.

Date: November 24, 2019 22:42

Episode 3 could just as well have been an episode of the boring Foyle series.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1833
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home