Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Brown Sugar Auckand, NZ 1973
Posted by: S.T.P ()
Date: November 17, 2019 20:41

Just found this video that I haven't seen before...
[youtu.be]

Re: Brown Sugar Auckand, NZ 1973
Date: November 17, 2019 20:50

Bitch...
[youtu.be]

Date: November 17, 2019 20:56

Gimme Shelter at the end of interview...
[youtu.be]

Date: November 17, 2019 21:13

They were actually very good then. Thanks for reminding me. drinking smiley

Date: November 17, 2019 21:17

The poorest show of the tour, wasn't it?

Date: November 17, 2019 21:29

DandelionPowderman

Seems like Keith had some problems on consentrating on the first few numbers (on the real audio he mess up BS) but a poore show on that tour is still quite enjoyingsmoking smiley

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: November 17, 2019 21:36

How can you make such a call based on bootlegs yet insist that Hamburg 2017 wasn't the poorest show of the last ten years

Date: November 17, 2019 21:45

Nikkei
How can you make such a call based on bootlegs yet insist that Hamburg 2017 wasn't the poorest show of the last ten years

Because I was in Hyde Park?

And I only heard the 73 shows on bootlegs. Comparing apples to apples smoking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-11-17 21:46 by DandelionPowderman.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: November 17, 2019 21:52

DandelionPowderman

Agreed! Which is all the more amazing as they were going from "very decent" to "absolutely transcendant" twenty days before in Honolulu...

Go figure!

Date: November 17, 2019 21:55

They really made the most of those few short clips, didn't they? Not quite looped, but a lot of repetition. I think that may be the same 3 seconds of Bill every time LOL. And Keith played that same double stop lead over and over.

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: November 17, 2019 21:58

Valid response but that's another kind of poor. It was too short and safe-played, but not this feeling of "We'd rather be elsewhere"

Date: November 17, 2019 22:00

Palace Revolution 2000
They really made the most of those few short clips, didn't they? Not quite looped, but a lot of repetition. I think that may be the same 3 seconds of Bill every time LOL. And Keith played that same double stop lead over and over.

Keith never played a chord in the BS-video smiling smiley

Cool clips just the same thumbs up

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: November 17, 2019 22:06

Bobby musta been a Richmond supporter ….. go Tiges ….

ROCKMAN

Posted by: masoudi ()
Date: November 18, 2019 06:16

Great footage best ive seen and never seen Jaggers interview before. I have a great poster from the show that took me 30 years to acquire from the wall of Slowboat records in Wellington. First tried to buy it when I was about 13 and he said no. Kept trying until I was about 46 and he finally gave in. It’s framed next to the 73 Aussie poster. Still hunting the Kiwi one which Matt Lee outbid me on a few years ago!! Thee is another Jagger poster from the Auckland show where he is wearing his denim jacket which 2 kiwi fans have. One day hoping to get that too.

Posted by: masoudi ()
Date: November 18, 2019 06:21

Link to some official photos from the Nz gig.

[www.lloydgodman.net]

Posted by: midimannz ()
Date: November 18, 2019 09:17

DandelionPowderman
Nikkei

Because I was in Hyde Park?

And I only heard the 73 shows on bootlegs. Comparing apples to apples smoking smiley

I was there in Auckland 1973. I hoped for ‘Get yer ya yas out’ ....... but, this was sloppy as..... my recording proved it

A rubbish performance from my favourite band

Date: November 18, 2019 12:47

DandelionPowderman

I thought it still was more than ok ?

Date: November 18, 2019 12:53

TheflyingDutchman
DandelionPowderman

Judging from these clips, or the whole show?

Of course it's ok (and even pretty good). However, compared with the other high octane aussie-shows it's an obvious decline, imo.

Date: November 18, 2019 13:25

DandelionPowderman
TheflyingDutchman
DandelionPowderman

Of course it's ok (and even pretty good). However, compared with the other high octane aussie-shows it's an obvious decline, imo.

No, just the clips. I have to compare them once again. Looks like there's not a big audience ?

Posted by: midimannz ()
Date: November 18, 2019 19:10

TheflyingDutchman
DandelionPowderman
TheflyingDutchman
DandelionPowderman

No, just the clips. I have to compare them once again. Looks like there's not a big audience ?

The local media suggested there were 35,000 of us

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: November 18, 2019 19:45

That was pretty cool and if I was asked to describe this I would say this was very "raw" in a most awesome way . How about them haircuts on the 2 Mick's , same day trim, same stylist ?

Date: November 18, 2019 22:20

MT looks happy and even smiling when comunicating with Charlie at the end. Good timessmileys with beer Keith seems to get his rocks off toodrinking smiley

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: November 19, 2019 11:57

That Gimme Shelter bit is great footage. Not the standard images with overdubbed sound.

Mathijs

Posted by: john lomax ()
Date: November 19, 2019 12:12

I still can't believe how little footage there is of this tour. There is no video footage of Sydney, Adelaide or Brisbane and in fact I have never.even seen photos of the Adelaide or Brisbanw shows (and only a few photos of the Sydney show).

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: November 19, 2019 15:05

john lomax
I still can't believe how little footage there is of this tour. There is no video footage of Sydney, Adelaide or Brisbane and in fact I have never.even seen photos of the Adelaide or Brisbanw shows (and only a few photos of the Sydney show).

There is some pro-shot footage from Sydney in the Crossfire Hurricane movie. Just 20 seconds or so, but it is pro-shot....

Mathijs

Date: November 19, 2019 17:47

Mathijs
john lomax

There is some pro-shot footage from Sydney in the Crossfire Hurricane movie. Just 20 seconds or so, but it is pro-shot....

Mathijs

Yeah, with ping pong balls an all - now that would be some "From The Vaults release" smoking smiley

Posted by: john lomax ()
Date: November 19, 2019 17:54

S.T.P
Mathijs
john lomax

Mathijs

Yeah, with ping pong balls an all - now that would be some "From The Vaults release" smoking smiley

Posted by: kevinkamphuis ()
Date: November 19, 2019 19:57

Mathijs
john lomax

Mathijs

Yes this is amazing footage! Shot on 35mm so there must be more in the can I believe...

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1945
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home