Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4
Re: Lars Ulrich commemorates Metallica opening for the Stones in 2005
Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: November 21, 2019 18:34

Milan
Wow, really? Yeah, thanks for reminding us. I am sure those 'tallica fans with their odd thrash metal usernames like "keefriff99" and "keefriffhard4life" are pretty much Stones fans as well.
Good now that we have that cleared up

Posted by: erad ()
Date: November 22, 2019 00:23

I just find it funny how quick people are to get on the defensive if anything maybe slightly negative is said about their beloved Stones.

Look I absolutely love the hell out of the Stones, but just because they have made some of my absolute favourite albums and songs but it doesn't mean that they are saints.

It's like the Black Crowes who have been in the news recently because of the upcoming cash grab tour. by all accounts Chris & Rich are selfish pricks, however that doesn't stop me loving their music that they've made over the years.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: November 22, 2019 02:35

erad
by all accounts Chris & Rich are selfish pricks

Agreed.

As for people defending the Stones against anything that's slightly negative, there's only a very small handful here who would fall in that category, and I'm certainly not one of them.
Many of my posts are critical of the Stones, but when you get an ungrateful dork like Lars speaking crap about the Stones who were kind enough to allow his band to open for them, someone has to call him out, and many here have.
Seems he's seen the light and is now looking back at the experience fondly, so hats off to him for realizing he misspoke like a spoiled brat back then. But honestly, I don't take any of this very seriously....it's only rock'n'roll. winking smiley

But leaving that behind, here's a crazy video of Metallica during the Monsters of Rock Tour at the L.A. Coliseum in 1988.
The power was cut during their set (at the 2:25 mark) due to fans rushing the stage, and the ensuing chaos involved chairs flying and all around mayhem.

Metallica 1988

I don't recall the tour even happening, but seems it was plagued with problems throughout: Monsters of Rock Tour 1988

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: November 22, 2019 03:23

Hairball
erad

Agreed.

As for people defending the Stones against anything that's slightly negative, there's only a very small handful here who would fall in that category, and I'm certainly not one of them.
Many of my posts are critical of the Stones, but when you get an ungrateful dork like Lars speaking crap about the Stones who were kind enough to allow his band to open for them, someone has to call him out, and many here have.
Seems he's seen the light and is now looking back at the experience fondly, so hats off to him for realizing he misspoke like a spoiled brat back then. But honestly, I don't take any of this very seriously....it's only rock'n'roll. winking smiley

But leaving that behind, here's a crazy video of Metallica during the Monsters of Rock Tour at the L.A. Coliseum in 1988.
The power was cut during their set (at the 2:25 mark) due to fans rushing the stage, and the ensuing chaos involved chairs flying and all around mayhem.

Metallica 1988

I don't recall the tour even happening, but seems it was plagued with problems throughout: Monsters of Rock Tour 1988

I saw that tour. VH & der Scorpions headlined. Fuzzy memories because i had a promo ticket in the Kingdome press box. free booze & food - big trouble, haha. the day before i went on a party boat with the scorps around puget sound. they had the foresight to import some strippers from the slippery when wet club in vancouver. that was some evening! those were the days...haha

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: November 22, 2019 03:36

Sounds like a blast crholmstrom! thumbs up

I bet the Scorpions were great live - not so sure about Van Hagar, but was never a fan of that era.
And I recall Dokken being fairly popular at the time (mtv, etc.)...wonder whatever happened to them...

Posted by: steffiestones ()
Date: November 22, 2019 13:00

The suck !

Posted by: Pietro ()
Date: November 24, 2019 20:52

I agree with Keith Richards assessment of Metallica:

“It sounds like a dull thud to me. For most bands, getting the syncopation is beyond them. It’s endless thudding away, with no bounce, no lift, no syncopation. Millions are in love with Metallica and Black Sabbath. I just thought they were great jokes.”

I also agree with Jeffrey Lebowski's assessment:

"Bunch of a$$holes."

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-11-24 20:57 by Pietro.

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: November 24, 2019 21:03

crholmstrom
Hairball
erad

Agreed.

Metallica 1988

I saw that tour. VH & der Scorpions headlined. Fuzzy memories because i had a promo ticket in the Kingdome press box. free booze & food - big trouble, haha. the day before i went on a party boat with the scorps around puget sound. they had the foresight to import some strippers from the slippery when wet club in vancouver. that was some evening! those were the days...haha

Bon Jovi named his album Slippery from hanging out all the strip bars in Vancouver when they were recording the album. Number 5 Orange is still around but others like the Marble Arch and Cecil have closed, mostly due to high rent. I didn't go to the Kingdome show but my brother drove down to see it.

Goto Page: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2015
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home