Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 3 of 4
Re: Lars Ulrich commemorates Metallica opening for the Stones in 2005
Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: November 19, 2019 02:16

keefriffhard4life
Troll alert because you multi quoted something and then said the exact opposite of the 3 posts that were quoted.

I said the opposite of three posts that were quoted? Read again... I was agreeing with and quoting The Greek, and replying to keefriff's post directed at those of us who think Lars is an idiot.

keefriffhard4life
saying you were rushed through meeting the rolling stones and they didn't seem to care one way or another is not being a twat to anyone but telling it like it was

Perhaps not, but he went further than that by saying:

"...and Mick looked like we were all gonna give him pneumonia or something — he had this disgusting look on his face.... that kind of left me with a little bit of a strange taste in my mouth . . .
If we ever pulled that, would you come and find me and shoot me? I mean, seriously"

Who says something like that about somebody unless they're being insulting? Doesn't sound to me like he's "just "telling it like it is" by adding those insults, but again seems he's now seen the light since he originally said that, and has learned not to bite the hands that feed. Now the new story is being picked up by the press without mention of the previous insults, so seems he should be happy, though I still think he's an ungrateful twat.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-11-19 02:17 by Hairball.

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: November 19, 2019 10:47

RollingFreak
Lars has said nothing wrong about this experience. If you think that you're totally biased. He mentioned the story how it actually happened, and now he prefers to memorialize it as a happier memory. I don't see how there's any problem with that. As for what he might have said in the distant past... we were all kids once. We all evolve. I didn't use to think the Sex Pistols album was music. I thought it was noise. Now I love it. Everyone changes.

Wise words.

plexi

Posted by: Title5Take1 ()
Date: November 19, 2019 11:02

Chuck Berry doubtless treated the Stones worse than they treated him, even though they became the "bigger band," and the Stones never got self-pitying about it.

And here's Ronnie on Jerry Lee Lewis: "Keith got mad at him because he said to him, `Son, one day you’ll learn how to play that thing!' Keith stormed out and went over to my pub. He was pacing up and down. I went, `Keith, why don’t you realize you finally met your match! Why get violent about it?' He said, `Yeah, you’re right.' Jerry Lee was just winding him up, anyway."

From >>> [www.rollingstone.com]

Date: November 19, 2019 14:57

Hairball
keefriffhard4life
Troll alert because you multi quoted something and then said the exact opposite of the 3 posts that were quoted.

I said the opposite of three posts that were quoted? Read again... I was agreeing with and quoting The Greek, and replying to keefriff's post directed at those of us who think Lars is an idiot.

keefriffhard4life
saying you were rushed through meeting the rolling stones and they didn't seem to care one way or another is not being a twat to anyone but telling it like it was

"...and Mick looked like we were all gonna give him pneumonia or something — he had this disgusting look on his face.... that kind of left me with a little bit of a strange taste in my mouth . . .
If we ever pulled that, would you come and find me and shoot me? I mean, seriously"

Who says something like that about somebody unless they're being insulting? Doesn't sound to me like he's "just "telling it like it is" by adding those insults, but again seems he's now seen the light since he originally said that, and has learned not to bite the hands that feed. Now the new story is being picked up by the press without mention of the previous insults, so seems he should be happy, though I still think he's an ungrateful twat.

it looks to me 3 people are saying stones fans are very sensitive then its quoted and you say some comments about lars and metallica fans. maybe I'm reading things wrong from the other posts

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: November 19, 2019 15:07

I wasn't looking to start an argument. No matter what you think of Metallica or how big a dick you think Lars is, I don't see where he was disrespectful.

All he said was that the Stones meet and greet felt impersonal, he was disappointed he didn't get a chance to actually chat with the Stones for a few minutes, and that he never wanted to get to a point where he was so disconnected by fame and fortune that his band would operate the same way with fans and other opening acts.

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: November 19, 2019 17:33

keefriff99
I wasn't looking to start an argument.

Then you picked the wrong person. Its best to just back out now. Nothing is going to change.

Date: November 19, 2019 17:59

keefriffhard4life
Hairball
keefriffhard4life

keefriffhard4life

it looks to me 3 people are saying stones fans are very sensitive then its quoted and you say some comments about lars and metallica fans. maybe I'm reading things wrong from the other posts

Unless TheGreek was being totally sarcastic and it went over my head, I think you're reading things wrong.

But his first post seems to be clear: "Here is what bugs me - you get a meet and greet and your photo taken with the Stones and then you are going to pitch a bitch about it ? Talk about ungrateful in my eyes" !
As does his second post: "...What's Mick, Keith, Charlie , and Ronnie supposed to do entertain them and ply them with food and beverage and then play there show ? Jeez , the Stones had to prepare for there show also"!

Again though, he could have been totally sarcastic!

No worries - it's a new day, and Metallica were once a pretty good band, but I still think Lars is a whiner and was out of place by disrespecting Mick.
Hope all is well with James Hetfield- I was surprised and somewhat saddened he's back in rehab which led to them cancelling their tour - wishing him the best.thumbs up

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: November 19, 2019 18:13

Hairball

Hope all is well with James Hetfield- I was surprised and somewhat saddened he's back in rehab which led to them cancelling their tour - wishing him the best.thumbs up

It was easy to notice sth was brewing as the last bunch of shows were tight much tighter than they had been in years. Yeah booe brings the best in Hetfield (on a musical plan at least).

Date: November 19, 2019 18:20

dcba
Hairball

It was easy to notice sth was brewing as the last bunch of shows were tight much tighter than they had been in years. Yeah booe brings the best in Hetfield (on a musical plan at least).
Hetfield and Trujillo are pretty much always tight onstage...Lars and Kirk are the sloppy ones.

I could tell something was up with James this past summer based on his appearance...he had bags under his eyes, his nose was red, and he looked haggard. It was more than age-related, so when it was announced he had to return to rehab, it made sense in retrospect. Hope he has a full recovery.

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: November 19, 2019 18:46

Hairball
keefriffhard4life
Hairball
keefriffhard4life

keefriffhard4life

Unless TheGreek was being totally sarcastic and it went over my head, I think you're reading things wrong.

But his first post seems to be clear: "Here is what bugs me - you get a meet and greet and your photo taken with the Stones and then you are going to pitch a bitch about it ? Talk about ungrateful in my eyes" !
As does his second post: "...What's Mick, Keith, Charlie , and Ronnie supposed to do entertain them and ply them with food and beverage and then play there show ? Jeez , the Stones had to prepare for there show also"!

Again though, he could have been totally sarcastic!

No worries - it's a new day, and Metallica were once a pretty good band, but I still think Lars is a whiner and was out of place by disrespecting Mick.
I was being very sincere and stand by my printed words . I wish I got 5 seconds with the Stones for a quick handshake and photo and that would have made me jump as high as the sky . I think Lars comes across a tad bit naïve to expect anything different from the Rolling Stones .

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-11-19 18:48 by TheGreek.

Date: November 19, 2019 18:54

Thanks for clearing that up TheGreek, and I agree.
But seems in hindsight Lars has realized how ungrateful he sounded with his original comments, and has since properly changed his tune.
No mention of a "disgusted" looking Mick in his latest comments!

Date: November 19, 2019 18:58

keefriff99
dcba
Hairball

Hetfield and Trujillo are pretty much always tight onstage...Lars and Kirk are the sloppy ones.

I could tell something was up with James this past summer based on his appearance...he had bags under his eyes, his nose was red, and he looked haggard. It was more than age-related, so when it was announced he had to return to rehab, it made sense in retrospect. Hope he has a full recovery.
It all goes hand in hand with the rigors of the road . Some handle it better than others . At the end of the day James is doing what he has to do to take care of himself . One thing I can say with certainty is that Metallica are consummate pros . How else can you explain there longevity ? Besides the fact of being creative and fertile minds to compose there music to start with ? Whether you love them or not , they are very successful and treat there fans good !

Date: November 19, 2019 19:45

Hairball
But seems in hindsight Lars has realized how ungrateful he sounded with his original comments, and has since properly changed his tune.
How many times have many of us myself included put the ole proverbial foot in mouth and then had to back track and get PC about it ? I don't think Lars had a case of conscience , I think someone suggested it to him to clean that one up .

Date: November 19, 2019 19:54

TheGreek
Hairball
How many times have many of us myself included put the ole proverbial foot in mouth and then had to back track and get PC about it ? I don't think Lars had a case of conscience , I think someone suggested it to him to clean that one up .

Yeah you're probably right and now I think he's a jerk again ha.
As I mentioned, his latest comments are out in the press, and he's coming across as such a nice guy paying his respects to the Stones...but he's an idiot!

Date: November 19, 2019 20:05

Hairball
TheGreek
Hairball

As I mentioned, his latest comments are out in the press, and he's coming across as such a nice guy paying his respects to the Stones...but he's an idiot!
I just have to wonder why clean it up after all these years . What's the motivation ?

Date: November 19, 2019 20:09

[www.blabbermouth.net]

Okay, so the original comments are from 2007. He was calling in to the Opie and Anthony show, who are a couple of @#$%& shock jocks that made Howard Stern look like a choirboy. I'm sure he was being egged on and was playing along with the frat house atmosphere.

And back in '07, Lars was probably still doing coke, which can accentuate an obnoxious personality. He's been clean for several years and my guess is he just has a more mature outlook on things.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-11-19 20:10 by keefriff99.

Date: November 19, 2019 20:18

TheGreek
Hairball
TheGreek
Hairball

I just have to wonder why clean it up after all these years . What's the motivation ?

Maybe he's hoping for another chance to open for the Stones again?! smiling smiley

Date: November 19, 2019 21:09

Hairball
TheGreek
Hairball
TheGreek
Hairball

Maybe he's hoping for another chance to open for the Stones again?! smiling smiley
I don't think so , I could be wrong , but I don't think so

Date: November 19, 2019 21:20

TheGreek
Hairball
TheGreek
Hairball
TheGreek
Hairball

I don't think so , I could be wrong , but I don't think so

I was joking, but even if he was, doubt it would ever happen after his original comments.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: November 19, 2019 23:40

OK more Lars trashing! grinning smiley
I stumbled into him in a Paris street in 96/97. I'm 1m73/5'8'' and he was much smaller than me.

Posted by: erad ()
Date: November 20, 2019 00:02

lol @ how insecure people are getting about Lars' comments. The guy was just being honest and describing the situation as it happened...

You don't have to get offended on behalf of the Stones and defend every little action of theirs just because you are big fans of their music.

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: November 20, 2019 07:06

erad
lol @ how insecure people are getting about Lars' comments. The guy was just being honest and describing the situation as it happened...

You don't have to get offended on behalf of the Stones and defend every little action of theirs just because you are big fans of their music.

Yes, yes you do. The Stones are never wrong, Lars Ulrich sucks, and if you say anything different you're asking for it.

Posted by: Title5Take1 ()
Date: November 20, 2019 22:32

Incidentally, Lars Ulrich and Mark McGrath went to the same high school.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: November 20, 2019 22:41

OH in that case their teachers should be named …..

ROCKMAN

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: November 21, 2019 01:24

My favourite Metallica song is their version of Whiskey In The Jar. Great video!

Posted by: erad ()
Date: November 21, 2019 05:50

RollingFreak
erad

Yes, yes you do. The Stones are never wrong, Lars Ulrich sucks, and if you say anything different you're asking for it.

Hahaha love your work mate, thanks for the laugh on an otherwise dreary afternoon at work.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-11-21 05:51 by erad.

Date: November 21, 2019 13:37

Rockman
OH in that case their teachers should be named …..
Remember Pink Floyd The Wall " get em up against the wall "

Date: November 21, 2019 13:38

Just a quick reminder this is a Rolling Stones Forum ( not a Metallica Forum )

Posted by: Milan ()
Date: November 21, 2019 18:08

Wow, really? Yeah, thanks for reminding us. I am sure those 'tallica fans with their odd thrash metal usernames like "keefriff99" and "keefriffhard4life" are pretty much Stones fans as well.

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: November 21, 2019 18:25

erad

In addition to being honest he went on to say "Kill me when I ever become like this" which is an idiotic thing to say and goes much further than 'honest description'

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 3 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2051
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home