Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 3 of 4
Re: Bill Wyman performing live at concert to honor Peter Green and Early Fleetwood Mac
Posted by: UKRod ()
Date: February 27, 2020 05:27

Wondering if Peter Green himself gets a cut of the box office sales for this concert and the forthcoming deluxe £150 box set being flogged by Mick Fleetwood?

Re: Bill Wyman performing live at concert to honor Peter Green and Early Fleetwood Mac
Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: February 27, 2020 05:46

UKRod
Wondering if Peter Green himself gets a cut of the box office sales for this concert and the forthcoming deluxe £150 box set being flogged by Mick Fleetwood?

Don't know what kind of deal he had with FM back then. Wyman gets a cut of Videos sold that he's in, he said so.

Posted by: jbwelda ()
Date: February 27, 2020 07:55

You cannot really believe any of what they say about subjects like this...everything is nuanced for legal reasons if nothing else. Why would I for instance want to tell anyone about my financial arrangements? I wouldn't, that's why, its none of their business unless they are involved.. And if asked I would just reel off some acceptable BS and let them believe what they want. Whether Peter Greens estate gets any of the proceeds would be up to whoever is dealing with the money part, and that involves contracts and those involve lawyers so you see where that is going.

jb

Posted by: Lien ()
Date: February 27, 2020 11:16

Can't hold out

Jeremy Spencer & Bill Wyman

[youtu.be]

Peter Green All-Star Tribute Concert
Posted by: spikenyc ()
Date: February 26, 2020 21:08

Cant believe there is no chatter about this show here.
WIth the Ginger Tribute, 2 great tribute shows within a week in London.
Some decent videos in this article.

[www.jambase.com]

Re: Peter Green All-Star Tribute Concert
Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: February 26, 2020 21:17

There's a thread right below on Page 1...

[iorr.org]

Posted by: spikenyc ()
Date: February 26, 2020 21:24

keefriff99
There's a thread right below on Page 1...

[iorr.org]

oops!
Sorry didnt see that.
thx

Posted by: Adrian-L ()
Date: February 27, 2020 10:52

positive Guardian review.... suprise guest was the long-lost Jeremy Spencer

[www.theguardian.com]

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: February 27, 2020 12:12

Adrian-L

[www.theguardian.com]

Well, not quite as lost as the late Danny Kirwan and Greeny himself of course. His career has certainly been low key but he has continued to play live and put out a series of albums over the years. An underrated talent, in my view.
Obviously joining the Children of God all those years ago was not a sound career move.

Date: February 27, 2020 12:18

Re: Bill Wyman will join Concert to Honor Peter Green and Early Fleetwood Mac
Date: February 27, 2020 15:42

DGA35
keefriff99
The Green Manalishi

Too bad they didn't get Rob Halford to sing this! The Beast from Judas Priest!
One of my favorite covers ever. A masterful performance by the entire band!

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: February 27, 2020 17:18

jlowe
Adrian-L

[www.theguardian.com]

Well, not quite as lost as the late Danny Kirwan and Greeny himself of course. His career has certainly been low key but he has continued to play live and put out a series of albums over the years. An underrated talent, in my view.
Obviously joining the Children of God all those years ago was not a sound career move.

Danny Kirwan is dead and I wouldn't have expected Spencer or Green to show up. The fact that Spencer did is fantastic.

Date: February 27, 2020 17:20

RollingFreak
jlowe
Adrian-L

[www.theguardian.com]

Danny Kirwan is dead and I wouldn't have expected Spencer or Green to show up. The fact that Spencer did is fantastic.

And he played brilliantly thumbs up

Posted by: The Joker ()
Date: February 27, 2020 17:51

Not familiar with Green's biography
Was it a fund raiser?

Posted by: ChrisL ()
Date: February 27, 2020 18:59

Koen
CaptainCorella
erad
Kirk Hammett! Awesome.

Who is the bass player standing next to Bill?

John McVie.

Apparently not according to the other thread.

Dave Bronze was on bass, I believe.

Date: February 27, 2020 19:09

The Joker
Was it a fund raiser?
Just a celebration of his music I think.

Green was unfortunately a casualty of mental illness and LSD, much like Floyd's Syd Barrett.

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: February 27, 2020 19:18

keefriff99
The Joker
Was it a fund raiser?

Green was unfortunately a casualty of mental illness and LSD, much like Floyd's Syd Barrett.

True, but Barrett never did anything after like 1972. At least Peter Green, eventually, started playing again and would occasionally do shows. I don't think he has in close to 20 years, but there's a great concert on Youtube of his from 2003 that shows he could absolutely still play:

[www.youtube.com]

And then he showed up for the Fleetwood Mac Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame, but didn't play with Fleetwood Mac. He played with Santana that night though on Black Magic Woman:

[www.youtube.com]

Date: February 27, 2020 19:55

RollingFreak
keefriff99
The Joker
Was it a fund raiser?

True, but Barrett never did anything after like 1972. At least Peter Green, eventually, started playing again and would occasionally do shows. I don't think he has in close to 20 years, but there's a great concert on Youtube of his from 2003 that shows he could absolutely still play:

[www.youtube.com]

And then he showed up for the Fleetwood Mac Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame, but didn't play with Fleetwood Mac. He played with Santana that night though on Black Magic Woman:

[www.youtube.com]
True, he definitely pulled out of the nosedive better, which is great.

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: February 27, 2020 21:50

keefriff99
DGA35
keefriff99
The Green Manalishi

Too bad they didn't get Rob Halford to sing this! The Beast from Judas Priest!
One of my favorite covers ever. A masterful performance by the entire band!

First heard the song on Unleashed In The East back in the early 80s. Didn't know it was a Fleetwood Mac cover at the time.

Posted by: Lien ()
Date: February 27, 2020 22:10

keefriff99
The Joker
Was it a fund raiser?

" The tribute show was a benefit for Teenage Cancer Trust, which was organized by Fleetwood Mac drummer Mick Fleetwood"

“The concert is a celebration of those early blues days where we all began, and it’s important to recognize the profound impact Peter and the early Fleetwood Mac had on the world of music. Peter was my greatest mentor and it gives me such joy to pay tribute to his incredible talent. I am honoured to be sharing the stage with some of the many artists Peter has inspired over the years and who share my great respect for this remarkable musician.” – Mick

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: February 27, 2020 23:26

Lien
keefriff99
The Joker
Was it a fund raiser?

" The tribute show was a benefit for Teenage Cancer Trust, which was organized by Fleetwood Mac drummer Mick Fleetwood"

“The concert is a celebration of those early blues days where we all began, and it’s important to recognize the profound impact Peter and the early Fleetwood Mac had on the world of music. Peter was my greatest mentor and it gives me such joy to pay tribute to his incredible talent. I am honoured to be sharing the stage with some of the many artists Peter has inspired over the years and who share my great respect for this remarkable musician.” – Mick

thumbs upthumbs upthumbs up Goed verwoord Lien.

This concert brings back the Peter Green Fleedwood Mac feel from the 60's early 70's.....long time I enjoyed music........

Posted by: finn ()
Date: February 28, 2020 11:50

great

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: November 24, 2020 18:41

Peter Green tribute concert coming to cinemas in March

Watch the trailer now

Sam Richards

24th November 2020

[www.uncut.co.uk]

Mick Fleetwood and Friends - Official Trailer

Posted by: CaptainCorella ()
Date: November 25, 2020 05:19

Cristiano Radtke
Peter Green tribute concert coming to cinemas in March

Watch the trailer now

Sam Richards

24th November 2020

[www.uncut.co.uk]

Mick Fleetwood and Friends - Official Trailer

Excellent news. Can't wait for the movie's release.

(Pre-Ordered!)

--
Captain Corella
60 Years a Fan

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-11-25 05:43 by CaptainCorella.

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: November 25, 2020 12:00

It was such a great concert. I recorded quite a few of the songs that night -

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-11-25 12:02 by Silver Dagger.

Posted by: MartinB ()
Date: November 25, 2020 14:35

One of the best concerts of my life

Date: December 4, 2020 21:20

Mick Fleetwood and Friends - The Green Manalishi (With the Two-Prong Crowd) (official video)

Date: April 9, 2021 02:29

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: April 9, 2021 07:56

Check out the Busking in Belfast thread with the band Dea Matrona doing a cover of Oh Well! I've definitely become a huge fan of this band, awesome cover tunes as well as some great original tunes. The girls are only 21, 20 and 17. Their cover of You're So Vain might be better than the original!

Posted by: CousinC ()
Date: April 9, 2021 17:47

That was great !!
Wish I'd been there.

Btw. who was the other bass player?

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 3 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2045
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home