Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
How I Wish
Posted by: ryanpow ()
Date: October 26, 2019 03:47

I dusted off Talk Is Cheap, listened to it for the first time in a long time and re-discovered this gem. Excellent riffage from Keef on this one! It's like a combination of Hand of Fate and SFM and is a perfect example of what we love about him.

Re: How I Wish
Posted by: bustabutton ()
Date: October 26, 2019 04:02

Lovely song, How I Wish!
Thank you Ryanpow for reminding me. I've put it on repeat for half an hour now....

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: October 26, 2019 10:33

A classic Keith solo track. Love it.

and kind of a soft ballad type lyric in a hard rocking song.

The kind of song Stones couldn't have done because Mick would have needed a different lyric.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: October 29, 2019 05:19

ryanpow
I dusted off Talk Is Cheap, listened to it for the first time in a long time and re-discovered this gem. Excellent riffage from Keef on this one! It's like a combination of Hand of Fate and SFM and is a perfect example of what we love about him.

Fantastic track indeed! It's one of his best.

Posted by: nick ()
Date: October 29, 2019 06:35

I have personally thought THAT was the song that made Mick call Keith about getting back in the studio. It's definitely Stones sounding and my favorite Keith track. Should had been the first single.

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: October 29, 2019 14:07

Such a great song

Posted by: INDIANO ()
Date: October 29, 2019 16:53

Fantastic song, i love the live version from Boston February 13 1993, volume at max naturally....

Date: October 31, 2019 21:14

nick
I have personally thought THAT was the song that made Mick call Keith about getting back in the studio. It's definitely Stones sounding and my favorite Keith track. Should had been the first single.

It does give a bit of an interesting idea of how Keith would've had to change it to suit Mick's singing - the way it is it wouldn't work with Mick singing it - it's too slow!

Take It So Hard was the best song for the first single - it screams I DON'T NEED THE STONES TO PLAY MUSIC, and it's about as perfect as a rock'n'roll song could ever get - but How I Wish should've been second!

Posted by: deardoctor ()
Date: October 31, 2019 23:18

Don"t forget the B-side of the EP "Eileen". Best live version....

Posted by: nick ()
Date: October 31, 2019 23:43

Eileen, Gimme Shelter-live, Wicked As It Seems-live, How I Wish-live, Key To The Highway-unreleased.

Excellent CD single! Gave a boost to Main Offender for me.

Posted by: waterrats ()
Date: October 31, 2019 23:45

Date: November 1, 2019 00:34

waterrats
Boston, 1993

Keith, at the end of Something Else, which is outstanding, is what became the lick to You Got Me Rocking.

Posted by: MadMax ()
Date: November 1, 2019 01:33

The last verse just Keith and Jordan and drums, mmm yeah first time I Heard it it was goosebumps and Everything was possible. Now the song remains the same, so great but life's gettin a bit bland. The last Stand will be the last Stones tour then one might as well get juiced……………..

Date: November 1, 2019 16:45

Watching How I Wish from Boston... that band was KILLING it. They were LOCKED in something fierce! Fanfuckingtastic!

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: November 1, 2019 16:58

I love the line "just to be in ya, I'd do life again"

Date: November 1, 2019 18:45

Hopefully that 1993 Boston show will be released in full if there is some kind of reissue of MAIN OFFENDER. That would be excellent to have.

Posted by: nick1970 ()
Date: June 13, 2020 15:58

This song is brilliant!
Can we please have something like this for a follow up to living in a ghost town...it struck me it might be the perfect counterpoint to that song....

Posted by: Starr ()
Date: June 13, 2020 16:12

Yeah great song, great album..

Stay safe everyone..

Star

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: June 13, 2020 22:46

This is the best version...heart and soul!
[youtu.be]

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: June 13, 2020 22:55

You Does Move Me .....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: audun-eg ()
Date: June 14, 2020 00:40

The moves make a bit more sense in front of a packed stadium...

[www.reverbnation.com]

Posted by: ROPENI ()
Date: June 14, 2020 01:26

Amazing sound Eileen......[youtu.be]

"No dope smoking no beer sold after 12 o'clock"

Posted by: OpenG ()
Date: June 14, 2020 18:26

[www.youtube.com]

This is my fav cover I found of How I Wish

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: June 14, 2020 18:42

Come to think of it; take 5 of Keith's best solo songs and add 4 of Sir Michael's best and 1 of Wood's and...voila a great Stones album!

Posted by: zeppo1 ()
Date: June 14, 2020 22:04

I always thought the backup vocals were
"Do-whatty-whatty-whatty-yeah"

But according to Geinus they are:
"Oh honey, honey, honey, yeah"

Posted by: Roll73 ()
Date: June 15, 2020 12:22

At my first Stones concert age 16 (Urban Jungle Wembley - July 1990) I arrived super early to secure a front of stage spot.

Feeling a little tired after several hours of perching on the concrete steps - at some point during the early afternoon you could here sound checks going on (the usual snare drum being played over and over by a tech etc.) And suddenly the riff from How I Wish blasted out. It must have been Keith playing and not one of the techs. I remember being absolutely thrilled hearing that riff played and realising that actual Keith was on stage on the other side of the stadium walls. smiling smiley

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: June 15, 2020 12:53

GasLightStreet
Hopefully that 1993 Boston show will be released in full if there is some kind of reissue of MAIN OFFENDER. That would be excellent to have.

or the 1992-12-18 "birthday" gig in London! thumbs up

Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: June 15, 2020 17:20

Stoneage
Come to think of it; take 5 of Keith's best solo songs and add 4 of Sir Michael's best and 1 of Wood's and...voila a great Stones album!

Great idea for a thread! It would be very hard to pick from this, I prob should go look at the tracks. But from the top of my head, I would go w/:

Keith 5 tracks:
- How I Wish
- Robbed Blind
- You Don't Move Me
- Heartstopper

Mick 4 tracks:
- Peace For the Wicked
- Party Doll
- Sweet Thing
- God Gave Me Everything

Ronnie 1 track (damn, this is tough to pick just 1!!)
- Take a Look at the Guy

Posted by: umakmehrd ()
Date: June 17, 2020 01:45

Yea love How I wish... I've gotta mention Locked away and Yap Yap great underrated Keith songs I'm always hitting repeat when these song come on.

Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: June 17, 2020 05:07

umakmehrd
Yea love How I wish... I've gotta mention Locked away and Yap Yap great underrated Keith songs I'm always hitting repeat when these song come on.

Agree w/ Yap Yap, fantastic! Locked Away, average at best.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1777
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home