Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT (Slightly OT ) Chuck Berry Birthday
Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: October 18, 2019 21:16

Gibson Custom in honor of Chuck Berry introduces the Gibson Custom 1955 350T[www.youtube.com] When I was in Nashville on 9/4/19 choosing wood for my Gibson Custom Sunburst Les Paul R9 (built to my specs ) I got to see the new Chuck Berry 1955 350 T and it is a really cool guitar . Enjoy !

Re: OT (Slightly OT ) Chuck Berry Birthday
Posted by: CBII ()
Date: October 19, 2019 20:34

TheGreek
Gibson Custom in honor of Chuck Berry introduces the Gibson Custom 1955 350T[www.youtube.com] When I was in Nashville on 9/4/19 choosing wood for my Gibson Custom Sunburst Les Paul R9 (built to my specs ) I got to see the new Chuck Berry 1955 350 T and it is a really cool guitar . Enjoy !

Oh my God yes, it met all of our expectations. The first prototype has been given to my mother already. The second prototype is the one they are using to make the rest. Incredible Guitar.

People have ragged for years about the quality of the instruments falling off during Henry's tenure as chairman. It was not the fault of the people building the guitars rather the push to build at all costs. Can't put one bit of the blame on the people actually building the guitars.

Thank goodness they are going back to building them with historically accurate EVERYTHING. The process started right after JC and company took over.

For the aged instrument fans, that new Slash EDS 1275 is unbelievable. When we went to the custom shop earlier this year they had roughly 8 of them completed. Amazing how the process is done (which I cannot divulge).

They are making some excellent stuff in Nashville.

Post some photo's of your R9 once it's finished.

CBII

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: October 21, 2019 13:42

Gibson Custom is doing tremendous work and I agree 100% that under the guidance of the new team led by JC has skyrocketed Gibson back on top of the Pantheon of great builders -no if ands or buts . Every time I pick up the guitar your Father still inspires me to dig in and groove on his most wonderful style (not that I can come close to his territory ) and is such a huge influence on me ! Bravo on this proper tribute by the master artisans at Gibson Custom to your Father !

Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: October 21, 2019 16:49

My Ding A Ling!

"every time that bell would ring, catch me playing w/ my ding a ling"

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1880
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home