Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

LA Forum 6/11/72 First Show
Posted by: Darin75 ()
Date: October 17, 2019 22:34

I just got done listening to this show (Slay em In LA) for the first time and this has to be one of the most energetic and musically great concerts from the '72 tour. The playing on "You Can't Always Get" and "Midnight Rambler" is fantastic. I can't believe this show has gotten past me for so long. One of the highlights for me is Mick Taylor's solo on "You Can't Always Get"

Re: LA Forum 6/11/72 First Show
Posted by: S.T.P ()
Date: October 17, 2019 23:11

This is one of the few shows I still haven't heard from this tour. Where can it be found?

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: October 17, 2019 23:13

Mick Taylor's solo on all You Can't Always Get What You Want's at that time were astounding. Some of my favorite playing of his. So beautiful.

Posted by: Darin75 ()
Date: October 17, 2019 23:24

[iorr.org]

Here is the link to download the show. Courtesy of BeforeTheyMakeMeRun.

Posted by: GivenToFly15 ()
Date: October 18, 2019 12:58

I totally agree with you. The 1972 versions of YCAGWY are the best of their career. Very raw and simple - and at the same time, very lyrical and emotional (IMO), mostly thanks to Mick Taylor. The 1973 are already too much to me, with the horns and everything. I wish the Stones could release a full 1972 show with real stereo sound...

Posted by: thkbeercan ()
Date: October 18, 2019 16:41

GivenToFly15
I totally agree with you. The 1972 versions of YCAGWY are the best of their career. Very raw and simple - and at the same time, very lyrical and emotional (IMO), mostly thanks to Mick Taylor. The 1973 are already too much to me, with the horns and everything. I wish the Stones could release a full 1972 show with real stereo sound...

Isn't "Ladies and Gentlemen" in stereo?

Posted by: GivenToFly15 ()
Date: October 18, 2019 16:51

thkbeercan
GivenToFly15

Isn't "Ladies and Gentlemen" in stereo?

It's very badly mixed. Taylor is so far away on YCAGWYW, what a shame.

Posted by: stonesstein ()
Date: October 24, 2019 03:53

Looking at Slay 'em In LA on dbboots.com, this does not match up with that title.

Does anyone know if this is a new source, new title, or is it a really good enhanced version of an older boot?

stonesstein

Kick me like you did before
I can't even feel the pain no more
Rocks Off, 1972

Posted by: tommyturbo76 ()
Date: October 24, 2019 05:11

!! My first show at age 18, over 30 since. I tried to get a recorder in but got nabbed. I have bootleg of the evening show and am thrilled to see this, but I sure wish there was soundboard.

These Mick Taylor-era Gimme Shelter versions are just always better to me than Ronnie's, but other songs Ronnie seems better.

Final comment - the show was staffed by USC and UCLA football players, which never happened again. During Gimme Shelter, a few fans rushed the stage (I had a floor seat), and with one short arm-shove to the chest about 5 fans got slammed to the ground and ran back.

Posted by: stonesstein ()
Date: October 26, 2019 16:07

Seems like some of y'all might know which version of the show this is, because it does not match my version of the Slay`Em.

Any help from some of the wiser heads on here would be awesome.

stonesstein

Kick me like you did before
I can't even feel the pain no more
Rocks Off, 1972

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1651
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home