Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Richards Song Selection This Tour
Date: October 18, 2005 07:00

What is going on here?They played The Worst in Miami in '94 and in '02 yet,they still chose to play it again tonight after all of their talk about looking back to past shows to avoid repeating themselves.I like The Worst but,I'm sorry,all signs point to extreme laziness and not giving a **** about people who see them more than once every 20 years.I'm starting to get the feeling they'll stick with it for the whole tour no matter if they've done it multiple times in given cities on past tours and no matter if it is the second night in a city.Some upcoming tests will be Anaheim,Hollywood Bowl #2,and the second trips on this tour through Boston,N.Y.,and Chicago.

Re: Richards Song Selection This Tour
Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: October 18, 2005 07:38

true - they are mastering lasitude

Posted by: Tseverin ()
Date: October 18, 2005 07:57

It is strange after they rotated 4 or 5 Keith songs on the last tour. I imagine it is Keith's decision for whatever reason. I wish somebody would ask him why in an interview rather than 'gee how do you guys still do it at your age?'

Posted by: HalfNanker ()
Date: October 18, 2005 15:43

i have to agree, i think Keith just doesnt want to deal with "perfecting" any other songs. I am guessing at some point he'll throw in a surprise, maybe overseas.

On the other hand i just got a copy of Ladies and Gentlemen... and it is great to see the old days where Mick stayed on stage for Keith song and backed him up on Happy!

I think it was 1989 when Mick started leaving the stage. At the time i read it was wrtitten in the tour contract that Mick HAD to be offstage whilst Keith sang!

Posted by: tat2you ()
Date: October 18, 2005 15:52

i guess he is trying to get it right!!!

Posted by: john r ()
Date: October 18, 2005 15:54

I think that unlike 1972 when the RS played 80 or 90 minutes, & Mick was 29, he needs a break. I happen to think both Keith's songs work, & guess (hope) he rotates them after the holiday break. Would love to hear This Place Is Empty & Thru & Thru, or Little T & A.

Posted by: sladog ()
Date: October 18, 2005 16:06

In Atlanta, during Infamy, Keiths eyes were glued to the teleprompter. He probably can't remember the lyrics for other songs so just sticks with The Worst which is a very easy song.

Posted by: Wuudy ()
Date: October 18, 2005 16:10

Maybe, but if he can use the teleprompter why not do other songs. Other than This Place is Empty he has done all before and a lot of them during the Licks tour so it's not like it's the first time.

Cheers,
Wuudy

Posted by: J-J-Flash ()
Date: October 18, 2005 16:22

Laziness, plain and simple. I am done going to shows after 35 years for this very reason. The Stones simply show that they don't care about their fans enough to put in more effort. Big stages don't impress me. I am here for the music and it is becoming a run through the motions more and more. I am surprised they don't play You Got Me Rocking more than once in the same show.

I know BV will be here any second to defend them once again but from a long time Stones fan nothing can change my opinion. The Stones just don't care and I will not go see them ever again unless they do something to change my opinion.

Posted by: wild_horse_pete ()
Date: October 18, 2005 16:23

It was in 1981 when Mick leaved the stage for Keiths act.

Posted by: ChelseaDrugstore ()
Date: October 18, 2005 16:55

"Laziness plain and simple"?? The Stones are not lazy.

Posted by: ohnonotyouagain ()
Date: October 18, 2005 17:28

Playing the same two songs over and over is pitiful. Especially when they are both mediocre songs to begin with. It seems like Keith isn't interested in much more than going through the motions when it comes to his lead vocal turn. How hard could it be to learn two more songs? Lazy, lazy, lazy.

Posted by: SeNdEr ()
Date: October 18, 2005 17:33

they are not the same, they are now old man, keith is not the same, he just play simple and easy songs like Infamy or The Worst, it is ok for me, i saw them only one time, i dont care what they play, but you should think that they are more than 60 years old, and THEY CANT play in the same way.

Posted by: UGot2Rollme ()
Date: October 18, 2005 17:58

one of the (few) letdowns of this tour is Keith's repetition of Worst/Infamy.
You'd think he'd get tired of playing them, much less fans who go to multiple shows tired of hearing them.

Mix-it up Keith! (and I don't mean the booze, which might have something to do with it)

Posted by: sunnybandyo99 ()
Date: October 18, 2005 18:23

Keith is Lazy

Posted by: G. the Cock ()
Date: October 18, 2005 18:29

I'm sure he'll change later! On Bridges To Babylon Tour he did "You Don't Have To Mean It" on the 4th Oakland show mid November first (I've seen the first three and still biting my ass to leave early!!!).

Truth is stranger than fiction

stoned greetings
G. The Cock

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: October 18, 2005 18:54

G. the Cock Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I'm sure he'll change later! On Bridges To Babylon
> Tour he did "You Don't Have To Mean It" on the 4th
> Oakland show mid November first (I've seen the
> first three and still biting my ass to leave
> early!!!).
>
>
> Truth is stranger than fiction
>
> stoned greetings
> G. The Cock

Oh yeah, "You Don't Have To Mean It" in the 4th Oakland show. Well, nowadays they don't play four shows in the same city anymore, so I bet he believes that he can get away with these two songs for the whole tour. "The Worst" is a great ballad, mind you, but "Infamy" has got to be the biggest stinker Keith came up with so far. Just like "You Don't Have To Mean It" during Bridges with this tourist bar reggae groove and melody. Sorry to say that, but Keith did not come up with any good material in recent years, at least not on Stones records. "This Place Is Empty" is ok, though. But not really great. And Thief In The Night's riff was borrowed from Pierre.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-10-18 18:59 by retired_dog.

Posted by: Leonard Keringer ()
Date: October 18, 2005 18:55

sunnybandyo99 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Keith is Lazy

if you fried your brains for the last 40 years you'd be lazy too

Posted by: FAH3 ()
Date: October 18, 2005 19:32

I can take these two songs independently but together it's very hard to endure and I have endured it 8 times so far. I really thought, or wanted to believe, he was going to change it up in the Philly the second night. No such luck.

Posted by: tat2you ()
Date: October 18, 2005 19:49

u would think he gets bored of doing the same old songs every freak'in night!!

Date: October 18, 2005 19:51

I think there's a difference between lazy and just doing whatever the @#$%& you want. more power to him. I try to not write things about the Stones that I would feel weird about having to say to their face if I were ever to come face to face with them.

Posted by: T&A ()
Date: October 18, 2005 19:54

go "write ahead" Drugstore! We won't tell the lazy bastard what you say about him....

Date: October 18, 2005 19:55

If I paid thousands of dollars to see multiple shows, I would have no problem asking, not telling Keith to mix it up.

Date: October 18, 2005 19:55

LOL

Posted by: BersaGurra ()
Date: October 18, 2005 20:05

Who cares if he cant remember the text that whats makes it interesting and gives it the Stones edge that is soo lacking on this tour.

Posted by: michel ()
Date: October 18, 2005 20:25

nonono the stones have always had a not changing setlist, in example 72 73 75 76 keith did everynight happy, and now he does the worst and infamy evrynight, its just the way they work, has nothing to do with lazyness or something. and there will be some more surprises dont worry man!!!! and still the worst is beautiful!!! they do a good version and infamy is really a groovy tune, new and something diffrent!!!

Posted by: J-J-Flash ()
Date: October 18, 2005 20:33

"nonono the stones have always had a not changing setlist, in example 72 73 75 76 keith did everynight happy, and now he does the worst and infamy evrynight, its just the way they work, has nothing to do with lazyness or something. and there will be some more surprises dont worry man!!!! and still the worst is beautiful!!! they do a good version and infamy is really a groovy tune, new and something diffrent!!!"

How many songs did Keith have to chose from those years, 2 maybe.

"and there will be some more surprises dont worry man!!!!"

What am I supposed to wait for, I already paid and went to a few different shows and left disappointed.

And Imfamy really needs Mick's harmonica, the live version sounds weak without it and Keith barely touches his guitar. Like said above the edge is not there this tour.

Posted by: michel ()
Date: October 18, 2005 20:42

its not only keith songs that were the same the it was the whole set stayed the whole tours min or less the same.I heard a live booth of infamy sounded very good to me strange how people can experience things different. but its tobad you were so dissapointed man.

Posted by: 4tylix ()
Date: October 18, 2005 22:36

I enjoyed both tunes at MCI and there was no Keith set at UVA, but I think if he's gonna do the same two, he might as well do just one each night and rotate them. Otherwise, it'll turn into a piss or beer break for those who attend more than one show.

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: October 18, 2005 22:45

I've got to say that the band ALL put in a great effort in Atlanta!

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1138
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home