Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1415161718192021222324Next
Current Page: 19 of 24
Re: OT-Black Crowes’ Rich Robinson Channels Keith Richards In Melbourne
Posted by: MelBelli ()
Date: November 22, 2022 20:40

The guy took the blow like a champ. Kind of impressive.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: November 22, 2022 21:05

Security was already on it - no need for the guitarist to interfere.

Posted by: xke38 ()
Date: November 22, 2022 21:10

Must be something about black Telecaster Customs that attracts stage crashers...

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: November 22, 2022 23:02

Why do boring ole guys wanna jump up on the stage ????

Hhhhaaaaaa only spotted one chick in the audience

ROCKMAN

Posted by: umakmehrd ()
Date: November 23, 2022 00:11

Hairball
Looks totally rehearsed...like a bad skit from Saturday Night Live that went on for far too long.
When Keith did it in '81, the Stones didn't miss a beat!

Lol rehearsed... are you serious
That was awesome look at rest of the band smiling after they start up again and Chris n Rich loving the fan reaction - That was epic

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: November 23, 2022 00:41

I shouldn't but I just couldn't but laugh. The big dude first throws the first security guy out of stage, then there is the singer hitting with a mic stand, another security for the guy to wrestle with, the big theatrical'Keith Richards' guitar hit doesn't look like doing nothing to him... The whole thing is potentially dangerous, but to me it's just comical. And stupid.

- Doxa

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-11-23 00:41 by Doxa.

Posted by: mosthigh ()
Date: November 23, 2022 00:54

I guess Chris and Rich got tired of attacking each other, so now they're going for the fans.

Date: November 23, 2022 00:58

...maybe it was a male bonding session gone wrong ....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Fillmore ()
Date: November 23, 2022 08:43

Hit me, hit me, hit me, quick,
Hit me with your rhythm stick!

Rockman, where´s the one lady you referred to? All I see is a silverback-convention.

I used to love the Black Crowes...

Cheers, Fillmore

edit: put an "l" in "siverback".

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-11-23 10:28 by Fillmore.

Date: November 23, 2022 08:59

about the 1.04 mark ...... ponytail lower right of screen ....

ROCKMAN

Date: November 23, 2022 10:14

Copycat. Behind two security guys... That was lame smiling smiley

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: November 23, 2022 11:02

Rockman
...maybe it was a male bonding session gone wrong ....

Speaking from experience? winking smiley

Date: November 23, 2022 11:39

.... heck no.. better the Moon Mullican way ....

hhhaaa thatll make ya work for clues ... hhhhaaaaaaaaaaaa

ROCKMAN

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: November 23, 2022 11:52

dcba
You know what Karl Mar wrote about Napoleon the First and his nephew in "Der achtzehnte Brumaire des Louis Napoleon" :

the first time somebody does sth out of the ordinary it's glorious and memorable.
Then when someone emulates that glorious act it's ridiculous and pitiful.

Keith : glorious and memorable
Rich : ridiculous and pitiful

Spot on. And to make matters worse he’s playing some Keith wannabe riff when the incident occurs.
Your post perfectly and cleverly sums up the entire situation.
If you watch that Stones video, the fan shoots out quickly before security can move, Keith sees him, takes off the guitar and delivers a perfect swing into the guys skull.
His knees buckle and security takes him away.not only does the band not skip a beat, Keith barely missed a note.First thought, man these guys are pros who have seen it all.

The sad imitation- the fan is dancing around the stage with a security guy who clearly needs help, but the stage jumper IS being contained.
He’s off to the side, the move is for the band to keep playing, help would’ve been there in seconds and the guy would’ve been gone.
Then Rich steps in for no reason other than he watched LSTNT too many times.
Every guitar player should repeat this like a mantra, I’m not Keith don’t try, I’m not Keith don’t try..

OT: Black Crowes stuff
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: March 6, 2023 23:06

“The Black Crowes are proud to present an audio document of our Shake Your Money Maker Tour from the last 2 years. From where it all began to where we’re going and all that was in between. Hail hail rock ‘n roll!” - CR

Available 3/17. Pre-order now:
[orcd.co]

[twitter.com]

Re: OT: Black Crowes 2020 reunion
Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: March 7, 2023 22:45

Where are they going? It's just the 2 of them at this point. They've given us some divine music over the years, but that last lil covers ep was rather forgettable. The VINYL of Before The Frost...Until The Freeze is quite possibly one of THE best albums ever recorded. I just listened again the other day. Absolutely exquisite. Appaloosa is one of my all-time favorite songs by anyone. If they could give us another one of those albums, I'd be happy as all get out, but it was a once in a career kind of album I think.

Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: March 7, 2023 23:05

VoodooLounge13
Where are they going? It's just the 2 of them at this point. They've given us some divine music over the years, but that last lil covers ep was rather forgettable. The VINYL of Before The Frost...Until The Freeze is quite possibly one of THE best albums ever recorded. I just listened again the other day. Absolutely exquisite. Appaloosa is one of my all-time favorite songs by anyone. If they could give us another one of those albums, I'd be happy as all get out, but it was a once in a career kind of album I think.

I liked their live shows just after pandemic restrictions were lifted. But, I'm not going to get this live album.

The Brothers of a Feather (Just Rich and Chris) show was more enjoyable than the full band live shows (although I enjoyed those, too). They should've released a 2020 live album as Brothers of a Feather.

Nashville Brothers of a Feather Nashville setlist:
[www.setlist.fm]

Date: March 8, 2023 08:02

I saw The Crowes with Luther in Utica, NY in 2009. Great setlist:

Saranac Brewery

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: March 10, 2023 06:24

VoodooLounge13

Although SOUTHERN is excellent, FROST etc is their best ever. It's too bad they couldn't keep that together.

Date: March 10, 2023 15:04

Agreed GLS!!! For me, their Top 3 are:

Frost
Southern
By Your Side

Matter of personal taste I'm sure, as Warpaint, Amorica, and Moneymaker are also great. Really, other than the lil covers ep, I think their weakest album is Snakes. Lions being a close 2nd, but I enjoy the sound of the different direction they took on that one quite a bit......

Date: March 10, 2023 15:12

Thinking about it more, they are a band that grew and evolved without trying to stay trendy (ahem MJ), and most of their stuff is great!!! They certainly tossed off the comparisons/complaints of impersonation and developed into their own sound and selves.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: March 17, 2023 23:11

The final song from their concert last night in Buenos Aires.

Amazing concert, by the way.

Posted by: Quique-stone ()
Date: March 18, 2023 09:04

Cool to see Nico playing with TBC and with a Riff T-shirt on! smileys with beer

Posted by: tomcat2006 ()
Date: March 19, 2023 00:57

Appaloosa is possibly my fave non-Stones track, beautifully melancholic.

OT: Black Crowes
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: May 17, 2023 15:22

Black Crowes & Darius Rucker - CMT Crossroads

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: May 18, 2023 07:03

Damn. That was pretty damn fine.

Date: May 18, 2023 14:41

I sure do miss The Black Crowes. Been a fan since the very beginning with them. Not always enamored with every album they put out - for me some missed the mark, but the vast majority of their catalog is really friggin great. Wish they would have included more of the original band members for this reunion of sorts.

Posted by: Christiaan ()
Date: May 18, 2023 15:29

tomcat2006
Appaloosa is possibly my fave non-Stones track, beautifully melancholic.

It’s my second favorite band after The Rolling Stones and one of my favorite songs of them. But they have many great songs. My personal opinion of course. smiling bouncing smiley

Not my YouTube of Appaloosa in Paradiso Amsterdam July 18th of 2011, but I was there that night. In the front right side of stage

[youtu.be]

Posted by: Christiaan ()
Date: May 18, 2023 15:35

A pity the Black Crowes didn’t put this song on their new live album. This song Rocks Off is from AFAS live Amsterdam October 3rd of 2022. It’s my YouTube. Yes, sorry it’s me screaming and belting out for the song to play it. I was at the Meet & Greet and went on a photo with Chris & Rich, needless to say I was in Rolling Stones clothes spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

[youtu.be]

Posted by: MelBelli ()
Date: May 18, 2023 16:33

Man. I wish I could travel back in time and show Chris and Rich, at the peak of their anti-establishment arrogance, their future aging selves performing a song by Hootie and the Blowfish on Country Music Television.

Maybe it would’ve humbled them.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1415161718192021222324Next
Current Page: 19 of 24

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1757
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home