Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1112131415161718192021...LastNext
Current Page: 16 of 24
Re: OT: Black Crowes 2020 reunion
Posted by: shadooby ()
Date: June 25, 2021 01:18

Seen em twice at their peak in 90 & 96, to me they can't top those shows with just the 2 of them especially with one being an arrogant jerk in my opinion (hint, he holds a microphone).

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: June 25, 2021 07:33

Ha ha... there is this very loud bell ringer... never ever ever heard this one before:

"I think they both made serious efforts to establish themselves in solo careers that could sustain them, that could provide a living, and I guess that neither one of those really worked out. And so they were always gonna need to be THE BLACK CROWES again."

[www.blabbermouth.net]

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: June 25, 2021 11:48

Yeah Gorman should have been an autopsy pathologist : he's very apt at dissecting corpses! cool smiley

Anyway best of luck to the Robinsons : I wonder for how long they'll make us believe it's "brotherly love" again between the Borgias of southern rock. >grinning smiley<

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-06-27 15:43 by dcba.

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: June 26, 2021 20:50

At the end of the day though it doesn’t really matter about all the drama and the fact that it’s just the two of the brothers. Watching them on The Howard Stern show they sound @#$%& amazing! You can close your eyes and it sounds like classic crowes. It doesn’t matter who all the other musicians are at the end of the day it’s Rich and Chris and right now they’re sounding really really good! I’m looking forward to the show.

Posted by: rattler2004 ()
Date: June 27, 2021 04:18

At this point, I’m looking forward to any show, as long as it’s good.

the shoot 'em dead, brainbell jangler!

Date: June 28, 2021 03:46

whitem8
At the end of the day though it doesn’t really matter about all the drama and the fact that it’s just the two of the brothers. Watching them on The Howard Stern show they sound @#$%& amazing! You can close your eyes and it sounds like classic crowes. It doesn’t matter who all the other musicians are at the end of the day it’s Rich and Chris and right now they’re sounding really really good! I’m looking forward to the show.

Yep. Familiar in a much smaller way as the Stones, er, Mick and Keith, especially post-Bill. And there are a good bit of other bands that have/had a similar thing (with the exception being brothers). It's just the business of it.

Posted by: Lien ()
Date: July 23, 2021 10:42

It's only Rock & Roll

[youtu.be]

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: July 23, 2021 15:20

Great version!

Posted by: mnewman505 ()
Date: July 23, 2021 21:39

Reunion my ass, where’s Steve Gorman?

Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: July 23, 2021 21:41

mnewman505
Reunion my ass, where’s Steve Gorman?

Where’s Bill Wyman? Where’s Mick Taylor? Stuff changes. Only ZZ Top has been untouched for over 50 years. They sounded great. I was there for both nights.

Posted by: MelBelli ()
Date: July 23, 2021 23:06

Shake Your Money Maker, “plus the hits.”

What hits were those?

“Remedy,” I will grant, barely. A non-fan *might* have heard it.

I’m currently listening to the Tuesday show on satellite’s Classic Rewind. It’s like they reimagined a past for themselves in which they did not willfully f*ck everything up.

Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: July 23, 2021 23:31

MelBelli
Shake Your Money Maker, “plus the hits.”

What hits were those?

“Remedy,” I will grant, barely. A non-fan *might* have heard it.

I’m currently listening to the Tuesday show on satellite’s Classic Rewind. It’s like they reimagined a past for themselves in which they did not willfully f*ck everything up.

Haha! You’re right on both accounts. Take away Shake Your Money Maker, and Remedy is the only real hit.

Chris apparently is a jerk, but that is common. I liked how he said nothing political either night. He did say something to the effect of, I don’t want to get political, but you guys have to legalize it. His voice is still great. Rich put on a guitar clinic, as always. Funny how he is an almost expressionless shoegazer, and then you have Chris (Jagger/Steven Tyler’s cousin). Gorman and Colt, etc. are missed, but the new band sounds solid.

Posted by: mariano ()
Date: July 24, 2021 01:08

Hi guys
Im looking for tuesday show audio from satellite’s Classic Rewind program.

Thank you in advance

OT: Black Crowes
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: April 11, 2022 16:59

Exclusive: The Black Crowes on Their First New Recordings in 12 Years

Black Crowes will drop the cover EP on May 4, and plan to hit the studio to start an album of originals in January

By Brian Hiatt
April 11. 2022

Josh Cheuse

[www.rollingstone.com]

Re: OT: Black Crowes
Posted by: liddas ()
Date: April 11, 2022 18:45

From the interview above

That album’s opening track, “Rocks Off” might seem like a bit of an on-the-nose choice for a band who used to be infuriated by sometimes-overblown Stones comparisons, but Rich Robinson sees that song as “a springboard or a starting point” for an EP that also explores glam, R&B, and more. In any case, the band isn’t exactly hiding their tastes these days: “I mean, I have ‘Rolling Stones’ tattooed on my body,” says Chris. “As a matter of fact, I love the Rolling Stones so much I might get another Rolling Stones tattoo — the same one, right next to it.”

C

Re: OT: Black Crowes
Posted by: bart-man ()
Date: April 13, 2022 14:07

video: [www.youtube.com]

You can hear the studio version of Rocks Off from 3.20

They already played it live which sounds pretty good.

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: April 13, 2022 18:44

Are the Bros the only originals these days? Before The Frost, in LP form, is one of THE best albums every laid down, IMHO

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: April 13, 2022 21:02

VoodooLounge13
Are the Bros the only originals these days? Before The Frost, in LP form, is one of THE best albums every laid down, IMHO

The Brothers are the only originals, but they did bring back their longtime bassist Sven last year, so you could argue 3 longtime members are currently in the lineup.

Date: April 14, 2022 05:01

VoodooLounge13

BEFORE THE FROST is exceptional.

Date: April 14, 2022 15:26

RollingFreak
VoodooLounge13

The Brothers are the only originals, but they did bring back their longtime bassist Sven last year, so you could argue 3 longtime members are currently in the lineup.

I thought I heard them talking about Sven, which had me wondering. Thanks for clarifying.

Date: April 14, 2022 15:26

GasLightStreet
VoodooLounge13

Damn, I think that's the first time we've agreed on anything!!!

Posted by: umakmehrd ()
Date: April 14, 2022 19:47

They are playing in Abbotsford (close to Vancouver Canada) this summer, I checked to see how tix are selling.... not good maybe 15- 20% sold the cash in on the money maker tour no so lucrative out this way...

Date: May 4, 2022 15:00

Jimmy Kimmel Live!, May 3:

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: May 5, 2022 00:44

umakmehrd
They are playing in Abbotsford (close to Vancouver Canada) this summer, I checked to see how tix are selling.... not good maybe 15- 20% sold the cash in on the money maker tour no so lucrative out this way...

Hey umakmehrd, this show is part of the $25 All In One tickets for the last 3 rows in the endzone areas. I got an email from Abbotsford Centre so I bought tickets this morning and mentioned it on the $25 Livenation post. Treaclefingers also bought some. I did notice that not many tickets have sold and that the layout looks like they're playing the full arena, should have put the stage at center ice and used half. I mentioned ZZ Top was about 2/3 and Alice Cooper had his stage near the blue line so he only used about 1/3 the arena.

I'm sure Livenation has guaranteed them a set amount per show so it's them that are trying to flog the tickets. Perhaps they'll list them on Groupon eventually!

Posted by: umakmehrd ()
Date: May 5, 2022 02:06

Wow Thank you for the info DGA35, i'm going to look into that !

Posted by: rattler2004 ()
Date: May 5, 2022 06:24

Heard their cover of Rocks Off.

Meh

No swing, the production is brick walled to the max.

Paint by numbers cover of a Stones song. Feels pretty soul-less

Stick to the original

The Blackberry Smoke Stoned EP is better by a few country miles

BTW Charlie Star, lead singer and lead guitarist of Blackberry Smoke has joined The Black Crowes on stage twice and on Jimmy Kimmel.

the shoot 'em dead, brainbell jangler!

Posted by: kovach ()
Date: May 5, 2022 16:19

VoodooLounge13
GasLightStreet
VoodooLounge13

Damn, I think that's the first time we've agreed on anything!!!

Yes the full set is great, you can tell Chris really worked in his vocals for that album (I have the 2 CD version; you bought 1 CD and there was a free code for a download of the 2nd)

Date: May 5, 2022 17:27

REVIEW: The Black Crowes honor ‘1972’ at the Whisky a Go Go

Rachel Alm
May 5, 2022

Chas Alm

[riffmagazine.com]

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: May 5, 2022 17:55

I've seen them many times since 1995 but after 2021, never again.
Chris is an absolute moron, in my not-so-humble opinion, and Rich doesn't seem much smarter.

And yes, Before the Frost/Until the Freeze was brilliant.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: May 7, 2022 15:44

Full show now on YT : [youtu.be]

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1112131415161718192021...LastNext
Current Page: 16 of 24

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1878
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home