Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1011121314151617181920...LastNext
Current Page: 15 of 24
Re: OT: Black Crowes 2020 reunion
Posted by: OpenG ()
Date: February 27, 2020 18:19

[www.youtube.com]

Brothers of a Feather - Descending

RIP - Eddie.

Posted by: Christiaan ()
Date: February 27, 2020 20:07

BowieStone
He did the same in Amsterdam. Very annoying... Amsterdam and Antwerp treat bands like background music for some reason.

I was there to, Chris was right, but as stated “the Dutch Disease” (the chitterchatter while listening to the music) even in a rock magazine in the Netherlands, it’s not very true. It’s all over with these accoustic concerts of the Brothers Of A Feather. Almost every show now in the USA, Chris makes these remarks. It seems to be even worse in the USA.

Posted by: oldschool ()
Date: March 3, 2020 16:57

I have been a Crowes fan since the beginning and wanted to go see them on this tour but the ticket prices for decent seats seem crazy to me considering they were playing theaters when they last broke up.

I just checked the tickets for the shed Xfinity Center here in the Boston area and it looks like 70-80% of the tickets are unsold. Lower section center seats go for $200-400 a pop while even seats the next section back are over $100.

I am waiting until close to show and am betting they will be selling seats for pennies on the dollar by then unless they cancel the show due to poor sales.

Not sure what they were thinking when they booked this tour in such large venues and asked crazy prices for tickets.

So anyone else seeing the same poor sales where they live?

Date: March 3, 2020 17:23

My YouTube of Amsterdam February 15 of 2020
Thorn In My Pride

[youtu.be]

Date: March 3, 2020 17:29

I totally support Jack White, and whatever other artists are going down that path, of flat-out not allowing phones into the show. As simple as that.
They are probably doing a public service by reminding, or teaching ignorants to experience live music. That there is life not filtered through a screen.
I don't know how they do it at Classical music concertos and all; like a solo piano concerto - I can't imagine there being phones in there.

Posted by: spikenyc ()
Date: March 3, 2020 18:21

oldschool
I have been a Crowes fan since the beginning and wanted to go see them on this tour but the ticket prices for decent seats seem crazy to me considering they were playing theaters when they last broke up.

I just checked the tickets for the shed Xfinity Center here in the Boston area and it looks like 70-80% of the tickets are unsold. Lower section center seats go for $200-400 a pop while even seats the next section back are over $100.

I am waiting until close to show and am betting they will be selling seats for pennies on the dollar by then unless they cancel the show due to poor sales.

Not sure what they were thinking when they booked this tour in such large venues and asked crazy prices for tickets.

Its a bomb everywhere. Live Nation is doing a $20 promos for lawn tickets at all the sheds.
Be patient and wait till show day, Im sure you will find good seats at a reasonable price outside.
Lots of other tours happening at the same time, as well.

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: March 3, 2020 18:28

Palace Revolution 2000
I totally support Jack White, and whatever other artists are going down that path, of flat-out not allowing phones into the show. As simple as that.
They are probably doing a public service by reminding, or teaching ignorants to experience live music. That there is life not filtered through a screen.
I don't know how they do it at Classical music concertos and all; like a solo piano concerto - I can't imagine there being phones in there.

It can be annoying, especially if you go to a show alone, but I went to see Jack White's Raconteurs last year when he didn't allow phones. Honestly, I can't remember a more fun crowd that was totally into the show and the band appreciated and elevated their game because of it. As someone that sees a lot of shows, it was a magnificent experience and I'd certainly welcome more of that. I wasn't alive to experience the true spirit of unbridled rock and roll in the 60s and 70s, but it seems like it really got close to that when you put away the damn phones in an all standing place.

Posted by: OpenG ()
Date: March 3, 2020 18:29

[www.youtube.com]

The Black Crowes Interview: The Robinson Brothers On Reuniting

Chris & Rich Robinson of The Black Crowes stop by our studio for a conversation with Lin Brehmer on their acoustic Brothers Of A Feather Tour, why the time was right to reunite, and more.

Posted by: stickyfingers101 ()
Date: March 3, 2020 19:07

spikenyc
oldschool

Its a bomb everywhere. Live Nation is doing a $20 promos for lawn tickets at all the sheds.
Be patient and wait till show day, Im sure you will find good seats at a reasonable price outside.

for one, I think the Crowes thought they had that "nostalgia-bucket-list" thing....they don't....

and "real true-blue fans" (like myself) are probably a bit turned-off by the outrageous prices for good seats.

that's even more pronounced by the fact that, as OldSchool pointed out, they were playing theaters and clubs and bars just a few years prior....for dirt-cheap.

that's why I'm not going....

add to the fact that it's "not really the Black Crowes" and many other "real" fans are bowing out, I assume.

I love the Crowes, but they waaaaaay over-played their hand on this one....

even a $20 lawn-seat has little appeal to me...

they should just keep the "Brothers of a Feather" thing going in the small venues and mix up the set-lists (and keep the prices reasonable)....

Date: March 3, 2020 19:13

stickyfingers101
spikenyc
oldschool

for one, I think the Crowes thought they had that "nostalgia-bucket-list" thing....they don't....

and "real true-blue fans" (like myself) are probably a bit turned-off by the outrageous prices for good seats.

that's even more pronounced by the fact that, as OldSchool pointed out, they were playing theaters and clubs and bars just a few years prior....for dirt-cheap.

add to the fact that it's "not really the Black Crowes" and many other "real" fans are bowing out, I assume.

they should just keep the "Brothers of a Feather" thing going in the small venues and mix up the set-lists (and keep the prices reasonable)....

I agree on all points, but I will still go see them. (definetly not going to pay full price)
Already saw the show at the Bowery here in NYC.
The tour is a blatant money-grab and they seem to have no issue with it.

Date: March 3, 2020 19:18

spikenyc
stickyfingers101
spikenyc
oldschool

I agree on all points, but I will still go see them. (definetly not going to pay full price)
Already saw the show at the Bowery here in NYC.
The tour is a blatant money-grab and they seem to have no issue with it.

speaking of the Bowery....did the Crowes ever play the CBGB before it closed?

Date: March 3, 2020 19:26

Yes they played a secret surprise show at CB's in 1994

[www.crowesbase.com]

Date: March 4, 2020 23:43

TBC is my second favorite band. And I will go to see them. In Europe the prices are bit lower than in the USA I believe, except for the meet and greet and the VIP. But as I’m fan of one other band who asks outrages prices, I’m a bit used to it...... So also so happy they will play again, and I pay a few €€€€’s Yes, it’s the two brothers with new players. But the two main players Chris, the voice and writer and Rich the musicmaker and writer are there! Yes I would a least have liked Steve Gorman. But that is a finished book (after his book spinning smiley sticking its tongue out) which I didn’t read till now.
I’ve been to the accoustic concert in Amsterdam and it was great!! smileys with beer

Date: March 5, 2020 19:38

Peter Buck Joins Chris & Rich Robinson

[www.jambase.com]

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: March 12, 2020 12:51

anybody else hear cant You hear Me Knocking in Morning Song?...i can't separate the 2

Date: March 12, 2020 14:58

Rip This
anybody else hear cant You hear Me Knocking in Morning Song?...i can't separate the 2

I see what you mean.

I love both songs.

Posted by: rattler2004 ()
Date: March 12, 2020 15:33

stickyfingers101
Rip This

I see what you mean.

I love both songs.

Where do you hear it? I’m not getting it

the shoot 'em dead, brainbell jangler!

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: March 12, 2020 23:44

boom...right at the start and then the way the song drives on from there....I like both but damn all I can think of is CYHMK

[www.bing.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-03-12 23:45 by Rip This.

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: March 14, 2020 01:04

eye popping smiley

My Morning Song...by 1o year olds...
watch the drummer

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: March 14, 2020 11:36

Not bad !
In BC news, they played at the Beacon on Thursday night

[www.youtube.com]

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Date: March 14, 2020 16:02

Rip This
boom...right at the start and then the way the song drives on from there....I like both but damn all I can think of is CYHMK

[www.bing.com]

"make my hate go away" is a great line.

Date: March 15, 2020 23:49

The Black Crowes’ Chris & Rich Robinson Discuss Reunion On ‘CBS This Morning’

[www.jambase.com]

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: March 19, 2020 03:11

Full performance from NYC last week : [youtu.be]

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: djgab ()
Date: March 24, 2020 03:20

The Black Crowes: Tiny Desk Concert

NPR

enjoy !

Date: April 16, 2020 18:15

Birds of a Feather show streaming tonight!

[theblackcrowes.com]

OT: Black Crowes 2021
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: June 8, 2021 01:32

At Peace And Ready To Rock: The Black Crowes Hit The Road Well Ahead Of The Clutter

6/07/2021
By: Don Muret

[www.pollstar.com]

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: June 24, 2021 12:17

"THE BLACK CROWES' RICH ROBINSON Says STEVE GORMAN Was An 'Incredibly Negative And Manipulative Force' In The Band"

[www.blabbermouth.net]

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: June 24, 2021 17:04

dcba
"THE BLACK CROWES' RICH ROBINSON Says STEVE GORMAN Was An 'Incredibly Negative And Manipulative Force' In The Band"

[www.blabbermouth.net]
Very nice read on Blabbermouth.net as that is exactly the way Steve Gorman comes across as a blabbermouth .

Posted by: kovach ()
Date: June 24, 2021 17:19

TheGreek
dcba

[www.blabbermouth.net]
Very nice read on Blabbermouth.net as that is exactly the way Steve Gorman comes across as a blabbermouth .

Coming from 2 brothers who for large stretches can't get along. I'm not buying it, I think it's the old-fashioned Eagles money-grab of incorporating the name to 2 people and paying the others as "staff augmentation" which means probably paying less for unknowns (though probably very good musicians in their own right).

I like the Crowes, and have seen them 5-6 times over their career, but they're hit and miss, have seen some very good inspired shows, and some others that seem like they're just a jam band going through the motions. Not willing to spend/risk $$ on the latter especially at those prices.

Date: June 25, 2021 00:22

dcba

[www.blabbermouth.net]

I always thought Rich was more of the peacemaker and "the quiet one" who rose above his brother (and Steve's) mudslinging....I guess not....either that or he's smoking Chris' Special "Douchebag" strain of weed.

man, this band loves hanging out their dirty laundry....it's kind of sad, really.

no chance I'm seeing them at these prices...I agree w/ Kovach's assessment.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1011121314151617181920...LastNext
Current Page: 15 of 24

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1846
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home