Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...89101112131415161718...LastNext
Current Page: 13 of 24
Re: OT: Black Crowes 2020 reunion
Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: February 4, 2020 19:49

Meet & Greet packages available for 309€, great opportunity to tell them it's a shameful moneygrab, oh wait...icing on the cake bring SH's book or a Magpie Salute album!

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: February 4, 2020 22:59

gotdablouse
icing on the cake bring SG(?)'s book or a Magpie Salute album!

Or zz top's "Eliminator" album! "Hey Chris do you know how many copies this one sold? 10M in the Us only!" >grinning smiley<

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: February 6, 2020 01:30

You meant Steve Gorman’s book right?

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: February 6, 2020 02:01

Links to the German shows, presale:
[www.reservix.de]

Posted by: steenhorst ()
Date: February 6, 2020 18:12

I've got 2 tix for Olympia!

Posted by: spikenyc ()
Date: February 10, 2020 18:04

Birds of a Feather acoustic tour announced

[theblackcrowes.com]

Posted by: stickyfingers101 ()
Date: February 10, 2020 18:49

spikenyc
Birds of a Feather acoustic tour announced

[theblackcrowes.com]

I'll see this.

Posted by: capsula ()
Date: February 10, 2020 20:29

I have all the crowes music, including singles, este CDs, etc. But I will not go to this "Crowes" tour. No Gorman, Ford, etc., is no Crowes for me

Date: February 12, 2020 19:47

"STEVE GORMAN Says THE BLACK CROWES 2020 Tour Is CHRIS And RICH ROBINSON 'Needing Money'"

[www.blabbermouth.net]

Date: February 12, 2020 20:04

capsula
I have all the crowes music, including singles, este CDs, etc. But I will not go to this "Crowes" tour. No Gorman, Ford, etc., is no Crowes for me

not even counting this upcoming tour mark ford wasn't even there 1/2 the bands active years right?

Date: February 12, 2020 20:22

Why did Johnny Colt quit?

Date: February 12, 2020 21:01

dcba
"STEVE GORMAN Says THE BLACK CROWES 2020 Tour Is CHRIS And RICH ROBINSON 'Needing Money'"

[www.blabbermouth.net]

As much as I dont like that Steve wrote his book, I have to agree with the money grab.
They have "hired-hands" playing in the band, that they are paying less,
and Chris practically came out and said it during the Stern interview.

They are entitled to make money and make a living, but at least have some integerity and make it about the music, and not the money.

Date: February 12, 2020 21:08

DandelionPowderman

after the first album but he was bass. jeff cease was the original guitar player also gone after the first album. ford played on 3 albums and then left. the band has 8 studio albums and ford plays on 3 of them. ford also plays on the sessions for the lost crowes release

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: February 12, 2020 21:16

keefriffhard4life
DandelionPowderman

after the first album but he was bass.

Colt didn´t quit until 1997.

Date: February 12, 2020 21:54

keefriffhard4life
DandelionPowderman

after the first album but he was bass. jeff cease was the original guitar player also gone after the first album. ford played on 3 albums and then left. the band has 8 studio albums and ford plays on 3 of them. ford also plays on the sessions for the lost crowes release

I know that. Johnny was with them longer than that, though. Just wondered why he quit. Never heard why.

EDIT FOUND IT:

ABC: Why did you leave The Black Crowes?

JC: A couple of things. The direction of the band wasn’t the direction I wanted to go. The music, in my opinion, at that point (1997) wasn’t very good. The lifestyle people were leading wasn’t for me. I had gotten sober and I needed to protect my sobriety. Creatively, the whole thing was stagnant and repetitive so it was time to vote for myself. It was time to invest in me, not in the group or that business anymore.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2020-02-12 22:30 by DandelionPowderman.

Date: February 12, 2020 22:31

DandelionPowderman
keefriffhard4life
DandelionPowderman

I know that. Johnny was with them longer than that, though. Just wondered why he quit. Never heard why.

EDIT FOUND IT:

ABC: Why did you leave The Black Crowes?

JC: A couple of things. The direction of the band wasn’t the direction I wanted to go. The music, in my opinion, at that point (1997) wasn’t very good. The lifestyle people were leading wasn’t for me. I had gotten sober and I needed to protect my sobriety. Creatively, the whole thing was stagnant and repetitive so it was time to vote for myself. It was time to invest in me, not in the group or that business anymore.

yeah my bad I was typing too fast and posted the wrong info.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: February 13, 2020 03:46

Ok we need Mick and Keith to do the same thing !

[www.youtube.com]

[www.youtube.com]

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-02-13 03:47 by gotdablouse.

Posted by: Lien ()
Date: February 13, 2020 10:55

gotdablouse
Ok we need Mick and Keith to do the same thing !

[www.youtube.com]

[www.youtube.com]

Great !! Can't wait for the gig in Amsterdam this saturday !

Date: February 13, 2020 11:21

spikenyc

As much as I dont like that Steve wrote his book

Somepeople called him a low-brow "no vision" type fo guy but this proves he was probably more alert than the Rob bros :
[www.blabbermouth.net]

Gorman "got" the Napster revolution more than most pro musicians.

Posted by: OpenG ()
Date: February 13, 2020 18:34

[www.youtube.com]

Jeff Cease my favorite opening guitar lick and solo on Sister Luck - Rich really conjured up Sway.

Date: February 13, 2020 19:29

The Black Crowes’ Chris & Rich Robinson Begin Acoustic Duo Tour

Great videos from London last night.
They sound great!!

[www.jambase.com]

Date: February 13, 2020 20:05

OpenG
[www.youtube.com]

Jeff Cease my favorite opening guitar lick and solo on Sister Luck - Rich really conjured up Sway.

This show ROCKS!
Thx for posting

Posted by: OpenG ()
Date: February 13, 2020 20:18

OT: Black Crowes 2020 reunion new
Date: February 13, 2020 20:05

OpenG
[www.youtube.com]

This show ROCKS!
Thx for posting

Yes great show - Jeff's slide on Stare It Cold is so awesome

Posted by: capsula ()
Date: February 13, 2020 21:41

keefriffhard4life
capsula

not even counting this upcoming tour mark ford wasn't even there 1/2 the bands active years right?

Yes, and he was back in 2005. His contributions, at least for me, are key for the musical success of the Crowes. The sound with him is awesome. Without him, not

Date: February 13, 2020 22:14

<The sound with him is awesome. Without him, not>

IMO, Jeff Cease and Luther Dickinson were just as distinctive for the band's sound. Every note mattered. Ford is very good, of course, but he uses a lot of space to express little.

Date: February 13, 2020 22:37

capsula
keefriffhard4life
capsula

Yes, and he was back in 2005. His contributions, at least for me, are key for the musical success of the Crowes. The sound with him is awesome. Without him, not

yes he came back for 1 tour and left again in 2006.

Posted by: rattler2004 ()
Date: February 14, 2020 01:52

DandelionPowderman

IMO, Jeff Cease and Luther Dickinson were just as distinctive for the band's sound. Every note mattered. Ford is very good, of course, but he uses a lot of space to express little.

Huh?

I won’t begrudge you for your opinion, you are entitled to it. It is the first I’ve ever heard of someone preferring Cease or Dickinson over Ford...except of course if you are Cease or Dickinson.

the shoot 'em dead, brainbell jangler!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-02-14 04:16 by rattler2004.

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: February 14, 2020 03:43

Gotta say, listened to Shake Your Moneymaker on my commute back home due to this thread and damn, still a fine record. Not in my top 100 or something, but incredible record.

Posted by: liddas ()
Date: February 14, 2020 13:14

rattler2004
DandelionPowderman

Huh?

I won’t begrudge you for your opinion, you are entitled to it. It is the first I’ve ever heard of someone preferring Cease or Dickinson over Ford...except of course if you are Cease or Dickinson.

My list of BC 2nd guitarists

1 Marc Ford - seen him with the BC, solo, and Ben Harper. I agree with DP that at times he overdoes it a little. But when he did hit the good notes, he truly was something else. Reminds me of blond guitarist who used to play for another band I like …

2 Audley Freed - On board at the best BC gig I've seen, a super tight set in a small club here in Milano. No frills all substance. Love his work on Lions.

3 Jeff Cease - 100% rocker. Maybe too much "hard rock" for my idea of how the BC should sound. More a Izzy Stradlin kind of style. Nevertheless he - more than Rich - was the driving guitar in those first BC tours.

4 Luther Dickinson - Great slide player. Loved his work on Frost / Freeze. Great musician but not much of a rocker. Live, too much slide for my taste.

5 Jackie Green - Pissed off when Dickinson left - I loved the Stones relation - but he blew me away when saw him live, again here in Milano. A step lower that Dickinson because of Luther's Stones connection and because Luther plays on Frost Freeze my fav BC record

---

Honorable mention: Craig Ross. Lenny Kravitz guitarist. He guested on Lions and played with Chris R, Ford and other greats on Sweet Pickle Salad, the best BC related music ever.

Craig Ross is my fav guitar player of the 90s

C

Date: February 14, 2020 13:36

rattler2004
DandelionPowderman

Huh?

Didn't say I preferred anyone. Just pointed out Ford's weaknesses. I like all of those three guitarists.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...89101112131415161718...LastNext
Current Page: 13 of 24

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1590
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home