Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7891011121314151617...LastNext
Current Page: 12 of 24
Re: OT: Black Crowes 2020 reunion
Posted by: Hound Dog ()
Date: December 15, 2019 02:07

TumblinDice76 not true at all, out of the 20 or so shows Ive seen at Red Rocks. Only a few have been sold out. Gov't Mule never sells out the place nor does Phil and friends and others.

Posted by: TumblinDice76 ()
Date: December 15, 2019 04:40

Disagree-2 years ago I was planning a trip to Denver and every show that Summer was sold out and they were acts that don't really draw big. Weezer didn't sell 2,500 tix when played my home town the same year but sold out RR. Same with Counting Crowes, that is why I used those two bands. CC couldn't sell out a 1,500 seat theater on the same tour. And Gov Mule tours too much. I've seen them 9 times. Their live show has gone completely stale for a band I used to love. Saw the Black Crowes also played and did sell out the theatre but totaly phoned in their performance last time I saw them. I may be in the minority here but the last 2 Crowes albums are my 3rd and 4th favorite Crowes albums behind the first two. Saw the Crowes 4 times between 2007 and the break up...they weren't exactly selling a lot of tix. I saw Chris last year and really enjoyed the show.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2019-12-15 04:45 by TumblinDice76.

Posted by: rattler2004 ()
Date: December 15, 2019 06:35

I like Amorica & Three. Snakes way more than Shake Your Money Maker. Southern Harmony is their best

What are you referring to as the last two Crowes albums...Before the Frost and Warpaint or Croweology & Wiser for the Time?

the shoot 'em dead, brainbell jangler!

Posted by: TumblinDice76 ()
Date: December 15, 2019 06:42

BTF and War. Crowes started out as a cross between The Band and the Stones which are two of my favorite bands. Somewhere around Amorica they drifted from that. I think Warpaint is a return to the original idea and BTF builds on it and almost plays like their version of Sticky Fingers. Love the Crowes version of Silver Train.

Posted by: john lomax ()
Date: December 15, 2019 13:54

Warpaint is a great album. Playing it right now actually. I'd put it in my top 3 Crowes albums after the first 2. I also really like "By Yor Side " - I think it's a really underrated album

Date: December 15, 2019 17:12

john lomax
Warpaint is a great album. Playing it right now actually. I'd put it in my top 3 Crowes albums after the first 2. I also really like "By Yor Side " - I think it's a really underrated album

For me the Crowes were pretty hit or miss since BYS and Lions...Warpaint was better...although I wish it had Mark & Eddie on it...BTF is good, but mostly forgettable...once again this is my opinion.

And excellent debut eclipsed by The Southern Harmony, Amorica & Three Snakes...

Seen them live since ‘92 to ‘97...then again in 2006 till 2009. I never went to a bad Crowes show. I’d heard the the middle period was pretty bad...and that last tour was pretty bad. However I do enjoy the Wiser for the Time release as well as the Filmore shows from iTunes.

Posted by: OpenG ()
Date: December 15, 2019 18:10

I love all their records - The last three Warpaint, Before The Frost and Untill The Frost are really great with great songs and lyrics.

I listen a lot to By your Side and Amorica and the Lost Crowes album which was a disaster to make in the studio with Rick Rubin as producer has a lot of great stuff and material.

Posted by: J-J-Flash ()
Date: December 15, 2019 18:52

Red Rocks def doesn't see out unless its a big act, if anything smaller acts play there just for the sake a playing there and don't see out. I saw George Thorogood there for a performance that was recorded for a live dvd and the whole upper section was empty. You can even see it on the concert film.

As for the Crowes, or whatever the Robinsons want to call it. I know that both brothers toured solo out here. CRB would do 12 shows in Colorado every Feb. So they def have a lot of fans out here, even though they were small venues a lot of these shows were packed.

Date: December 17, 2019 20:54

On the song By Your Side - the guitar's are like Tumbling Dice meeting up with Crazy Mama -I think Rich was left all alone with Marc really gone by the record.

Posted by: jasona93 ()
Date: December 18, 2019 16:41

By Your Side was their Faces album, so good.

Posted by: liddas ()
Date: December 18, 2019 16:55

Seeing how many praise By Your Side, I think I should give it another listen.

Never liked it, save 2/3 songs.

My personal BC list

1. Frost/Freeze 10/10
2. Amorica 9/10
3. Snakes 8/10
4. Lions 8/10
5. Southern 8/10
6. Shake 7/10
7. Warpaint 6/10
8. By Your Side 5/10

C

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: December 18, 2019 19:54

I'd go with...

1.) THE SOUTHERN HARMONY AND MUSICAL COMPANION
2.) SHAKE YOUR MONEY MAKER
3.) LIONS
4.) AMORICA and THREE SNAKES AND ONE CHARM (tie)
6.) BY YOUR SIDE
7.) WARPAINT and BEFORE THE FROST / UNTIL THE FREEZE (three-way tie)

Date: December 18, 2019 21:20

Frost/Freeze
Southern Harmony
Warpaint
Shake Your Moneymaker
Amorica
Lions
By Your Side
Three Snakes

Posted by: roryfaninva ()
Date: December 19, 2019 21:50

Always thought the Crowes were trying for something like this- an overlooked b-side that almost defines the ouvre..RIP Steve Marriott

[www.youtube.com]

Date: December 19, 2019 23:02

I think the blue print for their first two records was heavy exile on mainstreet influence. I just noticed after all these years that on She Talks To Angels the acoustic version( just piano) on SYMM(the two extra bonus cuts), that once the song ends and plays out Chris starts to sing Lord Have Mercy sort of in the Just Wanna See His Face kind of way.

Posted by: snorton ()
Date: December 20, 2019 04:38

I like rock and roll, so when the Crows hit the scene I said yea, these got some nice grooves.
I always thought she talked to angels was a modern version of Ruby Tuesday, a nice melody about "some girl, who attracted the wisdom of some song writers.
I also thought Remedy was a blueprint copy of CYHMK, open with catchy riff and loud megnetic vocals, followed by a jam session.
Im not a musician, hell, I can barely tune a radio, but those are my thoughts on the comparison between the stones and crows

Date: December 20, 2019 15:18

snorton
I like rock and roll, so when the Crows hit the scene I said yea, these got some nice grooves.
I always thought she talked to angels was a modern version of Ruby Tuesday, a nice melody about "some girl, who attracted the wisdom of some song writers.
I also thought Remedy was a blueprint copy of CYHMK, open with catchy riff and loud megnetic vocals, followed by a jam session.
Im not a musician, hell, I can barely tune a radio, but those are my thoughts on the comparison between the stones and crows

the songs you mentioned do sound like other songs. not sure you got the songs right though. remedy sounds like a humble pie tune but I forgot the name lol.

the me she talks to angels was more like a mix of wild horses and angie

Date: December 20, 2019 15:56

For me, "She Talks to Angels" was "Shine a Light" all over again.

Date: December 20, 2019 18:49

OT: Black Crowes 2020 reunion new
Date: December 20, 2019 15:56

For me, "She Talks to Angels" was "Shine a Light" all over again.

Noel Gallagher of Oasis at that time said Shine A Light was his inspiration to write Live Forever.

Date: December 20, 2019 19:05

Chris mentioned in an interview on YT that Rick Rubin suggested that since they were from Kalb County Georgia that there name be Kalb Kounty Krowes and that was shot down real fast by Chris for obvious reason.

OT: Black Crowes
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: January 30, 2020 19:57

Chris Robinson's Green Leaf Rustlers cover of "No Expectations" - [youtu.be]

Thanks to: [ultimateclassicrock.com]

Posted by: mosthigh ()
Date: January 30, 2020 20:08

OpenG
Chris mentioned in an interview on YT that Rick Rubin suggested that since they were from Kalb County Georgia that there name be Kalb Kounty Krowes and that was shot down real fast by Chris for obvious reason.

Calb County Ravens was also struck down.

Re: OT: Black Crowes
Posted by: spikenyc ()
Date: January 31, 2020 01:28

bye bye johnny

Live from 2018

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: January 31, 2020 22:55

These guys have so much tie-dye could be a country slasher film. But this is a pretty good version. I really like how the Black Crowes did it as well.

Date: January 31, 2020 23:41

bye bye johnny

To each their own, but that sounds like an audio cruxifixction of Stones track.

OT. The Black Crowes European tour 2020
Posted by: carlitosbaez ()
Date: January 30, 2020 01:29

I believe it's done. Poster in Paris today. The Black Crowes will announce European Tour 2020 next week. Source Dirty Rock Magazine: [www.dirtyrock.info]

Carlitos
Tenerife

Re: OT. The Black Crowes European tour 2020
Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: January 30, 2020 10:48

To me the biggest disappointment in years. Just about the only band I really wanted to see live again, and it turns out to be the brothers with a band of lame session musicians pretending to be a RnR band.

Man what a disappointment.

Mathijs

Posted by: spikenyc ()
Date: February 3, 2020 18:30

European Tour Announced

[www.jambase.com]

Date: February 3, 2020 19:00

I agree if Chris and Rich wanted to play again together without all BC's then maybe just do it like on the Feathers tour with just Chris and Rich.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7891011121314151617...LastNext
Current Page: 12 of 24

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2450
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home