Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 1 of 24
OT: Black Crowes stuff
Posted by: spikenyc ()
Date: October 12, 2019 00:05

Black Crowes 2020 reunion

Here we go!

[jambands.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2024-01-16 14:47 by bv.

Re: OT: Black Crowes 2020 reunion?
Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: October 12, 2019 00:10

I'll wait for the Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd and Oasis reunions.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: October 12, 2019 00:16

….probably better ta just wait for the next Stones reunion ….

ROCKMAN

Posted by: rattler2004 ()
Date: October 12, 2019 01:04

Sad...cuz they were one Hell of a good band back in the day, but a Chris & Rich Robinson show with a back-up band of unknowns? No thanks

the shoot 'em dead, brainbell jangler!

Posted by: mariano ()
Date: October 12, 2019 04:17

GREAT !!!!!

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: October 12, 2019 05:05

This is good... if it happens.

Posted by: Strike ()
Date: October 12, 2019 06:09

Saw Chris Robinsons Brotherhood two month ago, it was fantastic. No need to see the reunited crows for Live nation ticket prices.

Date: October 12, 2019 15:24

I don't think the Crowes, as the Crowes will re-unite. The brothers probably, yes.
As good as a band as they became, they created a lot of bad blood among their band members.

Posted by: MelBelli ()
Date: October 12, 2019 19:19

Kind of surprised that Rich, having taken a stand in part on behalf of Gorman, would budge. He had the high ground, so to speak. I’ll wait to see what the arrangement looks like before I judge too harshly. And, who I am kidding, of course I’ll go see whatever product they end up putting out.

Date: October 13, 2019 14:57

MelBelli
Kind of surprised that Rich, having taken a stand in part on behalf of Gorman, would budge. He had the high ground, so to speak. I’ll wait to see what the arrangement looks like before I judge too harshly. And, who I am kidding, of course I’ll go see whatever product they end up putting out.

if gormans book it looks like rich did something too that steve was not a fan of

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: October 13, 2019 15:23

keefriffhard4life
MelBelli

if gormans book it looks like rich did something too that steve was not a fan of

when jimmy page offered to help write some material rich told him that they had plenty of songs already. page left. i had tickets to see them with page & it was cancelled. the tour was in tandem with the who, with the bands doing 2 day stands with the crowes/page playing one day, the who the other. fortunately, the who were the best i ever saw them. this was at the gorge in washington. last time i saw john entwistle. they were totally amazing that day.

Date: October 13, 2019 16:07

crholmstrom
keefriffhard4life
MelBelli

when jimmy page offered to help write some material rich told him that they had plenty of songs already. page left. i had tickets to see them with page & it was cancelled. the tour was in tandem with the who, with the bands doing 2 day stands with the crowes/page playing one day, the who the other. fortunately, the who were the best i ever saw them. this was at the gorge in washington. last time i saw john entwistle. they were totally amazing that day.

I'm going to look and find the passage but it was discussed at the steve Hoffman forums. something about rich also trying to get over with money on steve

Date: October 13, 2019 16:18

keefriffhard4life
crholmstrom
keefriffhard4life
MelBelli

I'm going to look and find the passage but it was discussed at the steve Hoffman forums. something about rich also trying to get over with money on steve

there was a recent article in rolling stone with a few things from the book. the story was steve was going to be made a paid employee rather than full member of band. maybe rich also although i read that somewhere else. who knows whats the truth of it. regardless sounds pretty dysfunctional whatever is to blame.

Date: October 13, 2019 17:46

crholmstrom
keefriffhard4life
MelBelli

Declining Jimmy Page’s offer to co-write material does not seem like a plausible reason for Page to quit a tour.

Date: October 13, 2019 18:21

MelBelli
crholmstrom
keefriffhard4life
MelBelli

Declining Jimmy Page’s offer to co-write material does not seem like a plausible reason for Page to quit a tour.

[www.rollingstone.com]

6. Rich Robinson’s snub of Jimmy Page derailed the Black Crowes’ 55-date tour with the Led Zeppelin guitarist after just 11 shows.
The pairing of Page with the Crowes gave the dysfunctional band a shot in the arm in 2000 and set them up for a successful year of touring. But following an appearance on The Tonight Show, Page, who was battling back problems, mysteriously disappeared, and the tour was canceled. Gorman learned the real reason why Page left from the man himself a year and a half later. According to the drummer’s recollection, Page told him that he offered to write songs with the Robinson brothers for their next record, but Rich blew him off with a “No thanks! … We don’t need more songs.” “I was insulted,” Page said to Gorman, who furiously called the Crowes’ manager and told him, “I’m driving to Connecticut, and I’m going to kill Rich in his home.”

Date: October 13, 2019 18:28

I saw that.

I don’t necessarily doubt Gorman’s account. I’m doubting Page’s.

Date: October 13, 2019 18:31

MelBelli
I saw that.

that wasn't what caused an issue between rich and steve either. this was something I think happened around 2013

Date: October 13, 2019 18:40

keefriffhard4life
MelBelli
I saw that.

that wasn't what caused an issue between rich and steve either. this was something I think happened around 2013

think that was when chris wanted to own the name & make everyone else employees. i don't think it would be smart artistically for rich to reunite. he's doing good stuff with magpie salute. don't know if how much money he's making off of it though. the first tour they had a huge band that shrunk later. really like the magpie records a lot.

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: October 13, 2019 19:12

Who woulda thunk. Not just a terrible band but they are all total @#$%& too.

Posted by: bigmac7895 ()
Date: October 14, 2019 00:26

Terrible band? I think the best band to come out in the last 30 years. If Mick ever did a solo tour, he should hire the Crowes- they do the Stones as good as they were back in the 70s.

Posted by: TKinOH ()
Date: October 14, 2019 01:05

Love The Crowes, and apparently I was lucky to see them with Jimmy Page in Auburn Hills, MI in 2000... Kenny Wayne Shepherd opened.

Helluva show!

Posted by: strat72 ()
Date: October 14, 2019 01:09

Chris, Rich, Gorman, Ford or I'm not going.

Posted by: TKinOH ()
Date: October 14, 2019 01:13

Audley Freed is badass, too.

Date: October 14, 2019 02:47

strat72
Chris, Rich, Gorman, Ford or I'm not going.

I can’t imagine Marc Ford would risk getting in the middle of that maelstrom again. Sobriety has been too hard-fought for him.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: October 14, 2019 18:03

Bring back Jeff Cease!
Back in 90 they were a mean tight little outfit. After Cease was sacked the music really started to meander. confused smiley

Date: October 14, 2019 19:02

Cease has a great thing going with Eric Church. He has no need for the Crowes anymore.

Posted by: OpenG ()
Date: October 14, 2019 19:20

I hope Marc Ford is part of the reunion his guitar is perfect counter punch to Rich and that was the best lineup. He is a great player.

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: October 14, 2019 19:35

bigmac7895
Terrible band? I think the best band to come out in the last 30 years. If Mick ever did a solo tour, he should hire the Crowes- they do the Stones as good as they were back in the 70s.

I guess a halfway decent Stones cover band would generate some excitement around here.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: October 15, 2019 04:43

crholmstrom
keefriffhard4life
MelBelli
I saw that.

think that was when chris wanted to own the name & make everyone else employees. i don't think it would be smart artistically for rich to reunite. he's doing good stuff with magpie salute. don't know if how much money he's making off of it though. the first tour they had a huge band that shrunk later. really like the magpie records a lot.

Huh. Where have I heard such a thing before.

Oh yeah.

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: October 15, 2019 18:16

This reunion is looking like it is a very big lost opportunity. I’m a big black crowes fan, they are fantastic. Yes they are a bit of a retro band. And where they are incenses firmly on their rock ‘n’ roll hearts. Stones, faces, Zepplin, the Grateful Dead, the band. However they do it with the flare and determination that is thrilling. From all accounts it’s going to be just Chris and Rich and then some hired guns. Ford will not be in the band. Neither will Steve. There are rumors that they’re going to work on new material. However, This whole thing is very Taudrey and a bit depressing. It looks like it’s purely a quick cash grab.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-10-16 05:13 by whitem8.

Goto Page: 1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 1 of 24

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1583
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home