Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 4 of 6
Re: Ronnie Wood All Saints Church 20th November
Posted by: johnnythunders ()
Date: November 15, 2019 13:12

What a relief. Ticket just arrived - having been sent standard Royal Mail 2nd class post..

The high tech security verification seems to involve my name written on the back in pencil!

However I will be bringing ID with me just in case...

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: November 18, 2019 00:17

Any recommendations on a place to meet before the gig?

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: November 18, 2019 14:03

SomeTorontoGirl

There's a Wetherspoons Pub nearby, wittily called the King's Tun. UK Wide pub chain serving food and drinks. I'll be there thumbs up.

Posted by: Eintracht ()
Date: November 18, 2019 16:29

I will come from Munich wednesday to see this show. Have to pick up my ticket at the church. The show will start at 7.30pm. Do you know when they will open the doors? 6.30pm? Thanks.

Would love to come to this pub but I am not that mobile as I have to use crutches. How far is it from the church for walking?

Posted by: Ket ()
Date: November 18, 2019 18:29

Eintracht
I will come from Munich wednesday to see this show. Have to pick up my ticket at the church. The show will start at 7.30pm. Do you know when they will open the doors? 6.30pm? Thanks.

Would love to come to this pub but I am not that mobile as I have to use crutches. How far is it from the church for walking?

I thought the doors open at 7:30, is that when the show starts?

Posted by: Lien ()
Date: November 18, 2019 18:42

Doors are expected at 7:45pm

Info correct at 18/11

[www.banquetrecords.com]

Posted by: satisfaction2 ()
Date: November 19, 2019 15:56

grzegorz67
SomeTorontoGirl

There's a Wetherspoons Pub nearby, wittily called the King's Tun. UK Wide pub chain serving food and drinks. I'll be there thumbs up.

I think we will be there, too. Two "Düsseldorfer fans"!

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: November 19, 2019 16:07

satisfaction2
grzegorz67
SomeTorontoGirl

I'm not a Düsseldorfer but I'll fly in from Düsseldorf tomorrow morning with BA to LCY

Posted by: satisfaction2 ()
Date: November 19, 2019 17:01

slewan
satisfaction2
grzegorz67
SomeTorontoGirl

I'm not a Düsseldorfer but I'll fly in from Düsseldorf tomorrow morning with BA to LCY

We fly in tomorrow morning with EW (DUS to LHR). I think we see you in Kingston.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-11-19 17:05 by satisfaction2.

Date: November 19, 2019 17:09

Eintracht

It's around 200m from the rail station. Google map it. It's quite a big pub too. I'm aiming to be there for 4. Travelling in from Swindon, Wiltshire.

Posted by: Eintracht ()
Date: November 19, 2019 17:18

grzegorz67
Eintracht

It's around 200m from the rail station. Google map it. It's quite a big pub too. I'm aiming to be there for 4. Travelling in from Swindon, Wiltshire.

Thanks!

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: November 19, 2019 20:50

Not sure I’ll recognise some of you. If you hear someone calling ‘Marco’ kindly ‘Polo’ back. smiling smiley

Date: November 20, 2019 15:00

This just in

"Hiya,

Thanks for ordering tickets for our RONNIE WOOD show at All Saints Church tonight, we can't wait!

Doors are at 7:45pm and the band will be on as soon as everyone's in - don't be late!

If you specifically selected Collect In-store as the delivery method for your order, your tickets need to be collected from our shop, not from the venue. This ONLY applies if you chose Collect In-store when checking out. Our shop is open until 6pm this evening - if you have a query about this, please email us with your order number no later than 5pm.

This show is not BYOB, the bar will be open. If you could help the church out by taking care of your own empties / rubbish, they (and we) would really appreciate it. Thanks!

Enjoy the show,

Ben"

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: November 20, 2019 16:22

Other than his wedding, has Ronnie ever been in a church before? confused smiley

Date: November 20, 2019 20:11

I'm here. I got to the church just after 4 and there were already 20 people there (me included - I have No 20 written on my hand winking smiley ). Several familiar faces there, some traveling a very long way indeed! I'm off back to the church shortly.

Looking forward to this.

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: November 20, 2019 20:25

grzegorz67
I'm here. I got to the church just after 4 and there were already 20 people there (me included - I have No 20 written on my hand winking smiley ). Several familiar faces there, some traveling a very long way indeed! I'm off back to the church shortly.

Looking forward to this.

I bought a ticket to this - but I won't be there unfortunately, am stuck in bloody Albania till Saturday 23rd !! Mutter mutter !! Gave my ticket to a friend of mine who lives in Kingston, about a ten minute walk from the church. BUT … I also bought a ticket to the Birmingham show, so I'll get to see SIR Ron Wood and young Imelda yet !!

To everyone that's going … have a blast !!

In the "wee wee hours" ………… etc etc !!

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: ErwinH ()
Date: November 20, 2019 21:30

Have fun y'all at the Church !
See some of you tomorrow at SBE :-)

Posted by: Sici ()
Date: November 20, 2019 21:36

i'm outside the church door from 3 hours......very cold but nice company. Go ronnie go, now there is the soundcheck. Sici

Date: November 20, 2019 21:55

Hmmm...think I am number 298 in the queue(so much for “we’ll have you in at 1945”). Band still soundchecking and it’s bloody cold.

Posted by: BowieStone ()
Date: November 20, 2019 22:04

Sici
i'm outside the church door from 3 hours......very cold but nice company. Go ronnie go, now there is the soundcheck. Sici

Ronnie arrived late, so still soumdchecking. Freakin cold!

Posted by: Ket ()
Date: November 20, 2019 22:09

Longest soundcheck ever!

Date: November 20, 2019 22:15

They gotta letcha in soon ... surely !?

Date: November 20, 2019 22:18

Hello Paul
Think I am a long way behind you (Kevin also ahead of me)
Simon

Date: November 20, 2019 22:22

johnnythunders
Hello Paul
Simon

I am not in the queue, not even in the UK !! Following this from my current location (southern Albania) !! I will be at the Birmingham show however ....

Date: November 20, 2019 22:27

paulywaul
johnnythunders
Hello Paul
Simon

I am not in the queue, not even in the UK !! Following this from my current location (southern Albania) !! I will be at the Birmingham show however ....

The wonders of technology! You need freeze-o-vision to get the full picture. However the queue is now moving...

Date: November 20, 2019 22:30

johnnythunders
paulywaul
johnnythunders
Hello Paul
Simon

The wonders of technology! You need freeze-o-vision to get the full picture. However the queue is now moving...

ENJOY !!!

Date: November 20, 2019 22:40

And we’re in
This is such a weird place to have a gig
Many different languages being spoken in the crowd
Low stage, rudimentary lights

Posted by: bjornkasm ()
Date: November 20, 2019 23:01

Have fun!I will arrive tomorrow for Shepard B E

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: November 20, 2019 23:10

A few pics on this FB page if you scroll down to Gallery,with a few familiar faces .

All Saints Church

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: November 20, 2019 23:19

Elmo Lewis
Other than his wedding, has Ronnie ever been in a church before? confused smiley

He's also been to other people's weddings and to christenings. Like most people. Pretty sure I recall something about him being at Christmas services at some point, but can't remember precisely when. Again, most people do those things at various times. I don't imagine any of them attend regularly, but I also don't pretend they're aghast at the thought. It's part of the normal experience when you have friends and family and belong to a community. Some people go at holidays for the music or to appreciate the architecture when traveling. Speaking of, didn't Ronnie make a sizable contribution a few years ago to restore a historical church. I think he and Charlie might have done so together. There are lots of reasons for an artist to care about churches from architecture to sculpture to paintings to stained glass windows.

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 4 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1961
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home