Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: Earl Scruggs, the banjo and bluegrass music
Posted by: dmay ()
Date: October 5, 2019 17:32

If you're into bluegrass music, you might wanna check this book out. I got into Scruggs when he put out albums under his own name. His first album has Arlo Guthrie, Linda Ronstadt and, if I remember right, Michael Nesmith, among others, guesting on it. His albums with his sons, the early ones, are very good, with original and cover tunes. He's also on the Nitty Gritty Dirt Band's "Will The Circle Be Unbroken" album from the early 1970s, if I'm remembering the release time right. This album also presented fiddler Vassar Clements to a wider audience. You can find Scrugg's music on utoob.

[www.musicfestnews.com]

Re: OT: Earl Scruggs, the banjo and bluegrass music
Posted by: tomcasagranda ()
Date: October 5, 2019 20:15

Vassar also pops up on Richard (Dickey) Bett's amazing first solo album, Highway Call, and on the progressive bluegrass album, Old & In The Way.

I like Earl Scruggs

Posted by: coloradocanyons ()
Date: October 5, 2019 23:09

For bluegrass and similar music this is a good one, in San Francisco in Golden Gate Park and FREE!

[www.hardlystrictlybluegrass.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-10-05 23:09 by coloradocanyons.

Posted by: dmay ()
Date: October 9, 2019 19:18

Here's Scruggs with The Byrds doing some Dylan. Used to love The Byrds, but after Sweetheart Of The Radio I kinda lost interest in them except for a song or two.

[www.youtube.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1395
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home