Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: OT: Rod Stewart
Posted by: CindyC ()
Date: December 16, 2019 19:34

Cut the guy some slack, he had throat cancer 20 years ago.
We're lucky he can sing at all.

Wasn't looking too good, but I was feeling real well.

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: December 16, 2019 22:42

Rod still puts on a great live show, just saw him last year. Sure his voice isn't what it used to be but who's is?

Posted by: colonial ()
Date: December 24, 2019 12:44

Rod's new album "You're In My Heart With The Royal Philharmonic Orchestra" is my favourite for 2019

--------------
ColonialstoneNZ
--------------

Posted by: Toru A ()
Date: December 26, 2019 01:21

Rod Stewart always carries photographs of former bandmates Ian McLagan and Ronnie Lane around with him.

The "Sailing" star enjoyed success with Ian and Ronnie in the 70s with their faces, and Rod, 74, revealed in a conversation with BBC2 "Reel Stories"he always feels that his late friends are close.

"Every time I do a concert, I have pictures of them on stage because I owe them to them," he said.
"They were my dear companions, they helped me get started because the beginning of my career was a bit difficult to start: join one band and then join another, then join another, but with the Faces, it really took off."

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: December 26, 2019 03:24

Toru A
Rod Stewart always carries photographs of former bandmates Ian McLagan and Ronnie Lane around with him.

The "Sailing" star enjoyed success with Ian and Ronnie in the 70s with their faces, and Rod, 74, revealed in a conversation with BBC2 "Reel Stories"he always feels that his late friends are close.

"Every time I do a concert, I have pictures of them on stage because I owe them to them," he said.
"They were my dear companions, they helped me get started because the beginning of my career was a bit difficult to start: join one band and then join another, then join another, but with the Faces, it really took off."

He does show old Faces pics during his concerts. As far as Ronnie Lane goes, I don't think Rod did much to help him out during his final years. I remember when the ARMS concerts were put on back in the early 80s which Bill and I believe Charlie participated in, along with alot of other musicians like Clapton, Page, Beck, etc. Don't remember who, but one musician said If Rod Stewart shows his face I'm leaving.

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: December 26, 2019 05:04

DGA35

I remember when the ARMS concerts were put on back in the early 80s which Bill and I believe Charlie participated in, along with alot of other musicians like Clapton, Page, Beck, etc.

Bill and Charlie were part of the ARMS shows in London and the subsequent American tour. Ronnie Wood joined in towards the end of the tour. The WILLIE AND THE POORBOYS album was part of the ARMS project. Charlie and Ronnie Wood also participated on that project under Mr. Wyman's watch. The Rhythm Kings were an outgrowth of Willie and the Poorboys.

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: January 7, 2020 22:25

JUST ANNOUNCED: 2020 Summer North American Tour with special guests @cheaptrick

- Tickets on sale this Friday

- Fan Club presale begins TOMORROW

For tickets and information go to:
[www.livenation.com]

[twitter.com]

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: January 7, 2020 22:27

Interesting tour package...they're coming to CT. Think I'll skip it though.

Posted by: colonial ()
Date: January 7, 2020 22:42

bye bye johnny

JUST ANNOUNCED: 2020 Summer North American Tour with special guests @cheaptrick

- Tickets on sale this Friday

- Fan Club presale begins TOMORROW

For tickets and information go to:
[www.livenation.com]

[twitter.com]

bye bye johnny..Looking forward to Rod coming down to do the Aust/NZ rock circuit, be great if Cheap Trick toured with him

--------------
ColonialstoneNZ
--------------

Date: January 7, 2020 22:56

Rod Stewart Faces Battery Count After Scuffle With Security Guard on New Year’s Eve

Singer and eldest son considered “primary aggressors” in incident at Florida resort

[www.rollingstone.com]

Date: January 7, 2020 23:06

DandelionPowderman
Rod Stewart Faces Battery Count After Scuffle With Security Guard on New Year’s Eve

Singer and eldest son considered “primary aggressors” in incident at Florida resort

[www.rollingstone.com]
Wow, very similar to what happened to Alex Lifeson of RUSH and his son back on NYE 2003.

[www.rushisaband.com]

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: January 8, 2020 00:52

keefriff99
DandelionPowderman

[www.rollingstone.com]
Wow, very similar to what happened to Alex Lifeson of RUSH and his son back on NYE 2003.

[www.rushisaband.com]

Yes, if true the incident certainly doesn’t reflect well on Rod’s behavior and judgement. This surprises me he would treat a security guard so poorly - so
maybe there is more to the story...

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: January 8, 2020 04:27

Go to YouTube and watch Jeff Beck's five song set with Rod at the Hollywood Bowl last summer. In-f'ing credible.

Re: Rod Stewart
Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: January 8, 2020 04:28

slewan
Stoneage
They are both nostalgia acts by now playing mostly 40-55 year old hits.

very unlike the Stones, of course, who are mainly focused on fresh songs from their latest albums spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Naughty, naughty.

Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: January 8, 2020 06:06

Palace Revolution 2000
IMO Rod Stewart has become embarrassing. I will always consider him, because there was a time he was beautiful. Those early albums, and the the Faces are some of the best music I know. And great singing.
At my job I hang with a bunch of young guns, and I have to educate them on music LOL. Rod comes on, and I try to explain that he was a great one in his time. But his 'current' music is like Sweet'n Low: saccharine, passe`, trite.

OMG, yes! Listening to Rod now (and past 20+ years) is as embarrassing as being caught riding a mo-ped!

Posted by: jbwelda ()
Date: January 8, 2020 08:41

I like mopeds, but it is strange Rodney would be fronting pics of his old bandmates when back in the day he insisted on separate airplanes and limousines.

rip Ian and Ronnie

jb

Date: January 8, 2020 09:29

swimtothemoon
keefriff99
DandelionPowderman

[www.rollingstone.com]

[www.rushisaband.com]

Yes, if true the incident certainly doesn’t reflect well on Rod’s behavior and judgement. This surprises me he would treat a security guard so poorly - so

The doorman refused to let him (and his son) in to his daughter's (or some other family member's) party...

Posted by: saltoftheearth ()
Date: January 8, 2020 10:21

RollingFreak

Its one of the saddest stories in rock. For 10 years, he was basically perfect. Then in like 1976 he never did another good thing again. Its absurd. And its amazing that first 10 years was SO good that it can overshadow 40 bad ones. He's as lite and Vegas as you can get now, with songs that were SO good.

I saw Rod Stewart in concert back in 1986 and he and his band were great! Perhaps he did not make good records anymore - that's debatable - but still this concert was flawless und 'heart-felt'.

Posted by: Valeswood ()
Date: January 8, 2020 14:19

DGA35
Toru A
Don't remember who, but one musician said If Rod Stewart shows his face I'm leaving.

Might have been Kenney Jones?

Date: January 8, 2020 15:26

DandelionPowderman
swimtothemoon
keefriff99
DandelionPowderman

[www.rollingstone.com]

[www.rushisaband.com]

The doorman refused to let him (and his son) in to his daughter's (or some other family member's) party...
Yes, I wouldn't be too quick to blame Rod. In Alex's case, it was the police who were overly aggressive, although his son started the incident by drunkenly going up on stage.

Wait for all the details to come out before condemning Rod.

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: January 8, 2020 15:32

I will be going to the Rod Stewart/Cheap Trick show.

For what it's worth, I'm not as good as I was in 1975 either - at anything.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: January 9, 2020 05:39

ROCKMAN

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1697
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home