Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 2 of 4
OT: Metallica
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: November 29, 2022 16:49

New album "72 Seasons" and tour announced

Lux Æterna

[metallica.com]

--

[metallica.com]

Re: OT: Metallica talks
Posted by: FrogSugar ()
Date: November 29, 2022 22:20

Ugh, Paris show is nearby, but those opening bands SUCK!

I'll see how I feel about going on the week or day of one of the shows...

If "Pantera" were opening I would be first in line to get a ticket!

New song isn't bad at all, very good for a bunch of aging millionaires. But their new album will be around 77 minutes for 12 songs, I wish they would trim down their songs a bit...

Posted by: Cooltoplady ()
Date: November 29, 2022 22:54

FrogSugar
Ugh, Paris show is nearby, but those opening bands SUCK!

I'll see how I feel about going on the week or day of one of the shows...

If "Pantera" were opening I would be first in line to get a ticket!

New song isn't bad at all, very good for a bunch of aging millionaires. But their new album will be around 77 minutes for 12 songs, I wish they would trim down their songs a bit...

Nobody goes to Mettallica to see the warm up bands. Nobody cares.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: November 29, 2022 23:01

Cooltoplady

Nobody goes to Metallica to see the warm up bands. Nobody cares.

Well in 1999 I was presented with Monster Magnet and Ministry (who btw played louder than the Mets). grinning smiley
3 great acts for what? 45 Euros?

Posted by: Cooltoplady ()
Date: November 29, 2022 23:19

dcba
Cooltoplady

Nobody goes to Metallica to see the warm up bands. Nobody cares.

Well in 1999 I was presented with Monster Magnet and Ministry (who btw played louder than the Mets). grinning smiley
3 great acts for what? 45 Euros?

This is 24 years later

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: November 30, 2022 00:32

I'm a bit surprised they're playing Edmonton and not Toronto/Vancouver. I guess there's still time to add shows in July/Sept/Oct 2023.

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: November 30, 2022 00:53

DGA35
I'm a bit surprised they're playing Edmonton and not Toronto/Vancouver. I guess there's still time to add shows in July/Sept/Oct 2023.

They probably figure Vancouver & Portland covered by the Seattle show. Lot of seats to fill @ Lumen Field. Incidentally, Lumen Field actually has great sound for a stadium as it was designed for it. Unlike the baseball stadium down the street. I don't think I've seen a bad sounding show @ Lumen Field. Unusual for a football stadium. Probably same thinking for Toronto being covered by Detroit.

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: November 30, 2022 02:58

Its an interesting tour, in many ways. I'm excited, but a lot of strange, but I'm sure well thought out choices.

The new Pantera is the most obvious one in terms of openers. All the others are kinda on the same level-ish, but Pantera is just too big to be one of their openers. Not that it overshadows Metallica, but it does feel unfair to other places that don't get them. OR, because its not really Pantera, its a slap in the face to them that they're being compared with these other people. The tour announcement IMO should read "Metallica, at some shows with special guests Pantera, and then also all these other openers."

The locations are interesting too. I know what they're trying to do, and I think it works, but only 10 locations in the US total and they aren't even all the obvious ones. I know it won't work out for everyone obviously but I'm genuinely surprised for example that the DC area's closest show is NY. Thats not super close and I'd have thought they'd get chosen over some others there. I'm in NY so no issue to me but just saying.

Also, in terms of the tour, its a fun idea that its "no repeats" and two totally different shows (and again I'm excited for this tour so I'm not trashing, just more putting a perspective on it), but also Metallica only usually play like 16 songs a show. Basically take their 16 most played songs live (they usually play a very similar setlist unless they're doing a specific residency), spread out half to one show and half the other. Thats half the show. Then throw in 4 songs a night from their obligatory new album, and you're left with only 4 spots. And they have a pretty easy pull of 30 songs that are fairly well known that I still doubt you'll hear many rarities or anything. I know the production and show will be top notch as Metallica always is, but I do feel the "two entirely different shows" sounds like they're putting more effort into this than they actually are. Maybe I'll be wrong about that.

Again, having said all of that, I'm stoked lol. Its a cool concept, I'm glad they're still big enough where they can just do what they want and make these events. Their limited touring allows them to still play at such a high level which is cool. Props to them for still putting out new music, and I just hope ticket prices aren't insane, which I'm sure they will be.

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: November 30, 2022 03:01

crholmstrom
DGA35

They probably figure Vancouver & Portland covered by the Seattle show. Lot of seats to fill @ Lumen Field. Incidentally, Lumen Field actually has great sound for a stadium as it was designed for it. Unlike the baseball stadium down the street. I don't think I've seen a bad sounding show @ Lumen Field. Unusual for a football stadium. Probably same thinking for Toronto being covered by Detroit.

Maybe, although you're looking at around 8 million people in the Pac NW vs a little over a million for Edmonton or 2.5 for Alberta.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: November 30, 2022 07:05

The single... JESUS - poor Lars!

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: November 30, 2022 10:27

Prices for TWO shows in Helsinki:

Snake Pit 562€
Standing 212€
Seats 129€-260€

For two shows this is a real good price! Hope to catch some for Munich!

Posted by: erad ()
Date: November 30, 2022 10:32

GasLightStreet
There's no way he played the song the whole way through - it will be parts spliced together. He has recorded this way for years.

I'd like to be proven wrong but I don't think he'll manage that double bass the whole way through live.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-11-30 10:32 by erad.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: November 30, 2022 11:02

hockenheim95
Prices for TWO shows in Helsinki:

Snake Pit 562€
Standing 212€
Seats 129€-260€

For two shows this is a real good price! Hope to catch some for Munich!

Yeah, really fair price for two shows. Take note, S....

Posted by: yorkshirestone ()
Date: November 30, 2022 13:40

Read over on PJ forum there is a ‘season ticket’ type thing for Metallica fans with cash and time on their hands - with single and multi continent and year versions - quotes as staring at around 1000 usd for ten shows GA

[www.universe.com]

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: November 30, 2022 14:32

erad
GasLightStreet
There's no way he played the song the whole way through - it will be parts spliced together. He has recorded this way for years.

I'd like to be proven wrong but I don't think he'll manage that double bass the whole way through live.

He’ll have to manage it live. He’s always managed before and he’ll do so again. It’s a blistering song.

Posted by: Father Ted ()
Date: November 30, 2022 20:06

The new single is great, a totally unexpected surprise.

Re: OT: Metallica stuff
Date: November 30, 2022 20:13

Got tix for my boys and me for Foxborough August 2024!!!

Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: November 30, 2022 20:17

Father Ted

Yes it is. Love the solo in the middle.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: November 30, 2022 20:24

My social media feed was full of Metallica ticket scores today!

Myself, I'll wait. All kinds of time until 2024.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-11-30 21:28 by Topi.

Date: November 30, 2022 20:50

Tix are going fast!!! I had two other sets in my cart and both times part of them went before I checked out!!! Large portions of the pre sale are gone. For Boston anyway.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: November 30, 2022 23:29

NashvilleBlues
Father Ted

grinning smiley

Kirk Hammett’s “Lux Æterna” Solo Kinda Sucks, So This YouTuber Decided to Fix It
[www.metalsucks.net]

Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: December 1, 2022 00:19

dcba
NashvilleBlues
Father Ted

grinning smiley

Kirk Hammett’s “Lux Æterna” Solo Kinda Sucks, So This YouTuber Decided to Fix It
[www.metalsucks.net]

Sorry, I think that guy’s solo doesn’t compare. Stick by my comment.

Posted by: TKinOH ()
Date: December 1, 2022 05:07

Any Montreal natives on here?

Very interesting to see Stade Olympique on the tour, not sure when the last big gig woulda been in there?

Been hoping The Stones would make a return for a show there, so this could be a good sign!

I will definitely have this Metallica gig on my radar come 1-20-23 when the single show tickets go on sale... The Big O is on my bucket list... it'd be nice to know The Stones' plans before that, but we shall see.

Date: December 1, 2022 06:00

erad
GasLightStreet

A while ago, I forget exactly how long, "recently", whatever that means these days, he was saying he couldn't do 'that' anymore.

Maybe he's one those that says things about not but... .still does anyway.

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: December 1, 2022 06:20

How do you upload a video to the page to watch here in the comments without having to click the link to youtube or facebook?

Date: December 1, 2022 06:30

The Sicilian
How do you upload a video to the page to watch here in the comments without having to click the link to youtube or facebook?

You mean just watch it "in" iorr.org?

No idea.

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: December 1, 2022 06:33

GasLightStreet
The Sicilian

No idea.

I figured it out. Thanks.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-12-01 06:46 by The Sicilian.

Date: December 1, 2022 13:38

The Sicilian
GasLightStreet
The Sicilian

No idea.

I figured it out. Thanks.
Are you going to share? smileys with beer

Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: December 1, 2022 18:02

I will go and buy tickets the day of the show.

Date: December 1, 2022 20:33

I just realized that the Seattle date isn't until Labor Day weekend 2024! Almost 2 years ahead of the show. I love Metallica but that's ridiculous!

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 2 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1502
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home