Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

The Rolling Stones 1971-2016 Digipack
Posted by: mick64 ()
Date: September 24, 2019 18:27

It is planned to reissue cd-digipack as ABKCO did in 2002 now from 1971-2016 the UNIVERSAL and the Rolling Stones records do you know something or are not going to edit I am missing in digipack.

Re: The Rolling Stones 1971-2016 Digipack
Posted by: rogerriffin ()
Date: September 24, 2019 18:33

a friend of mine helped to me to get Le Mounde collection (digipack) last year...

if this new release has no any bonus/outtakes is not interested to me.

Posted by: midimannz ()
Date: September 24, 2019 22:40

The digital download is NOT the same remaster as the vinyl album boxset

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: December 19, 2023 03:53

Calling all stamp collectors...did this every happen?

BTW, I was looking for the Vinyl Boxset of the same era and came up with this thread...interesting. I don't believe it ever panned out.

I was thinking that now that they have a new album, they're going to have to release a brand new boxset, 1971-2023. I'm praying they take pity on us, and only release it after they release whatever the next album is, so I don't have to buy the 1971-2025, after just having bought the 1971-2023 box.

Or maybe...I'll just throw in the towel on it!

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: December 19, 2023 10:41

I wouldn't mind a Miles Showell remastered HD .

That said, the need isn't great. The regular version of HD on vinyl doesn't sound too bad as it is . I was quite pleasantly surprised.

For a lot of folks the original box set was a godsend because, for for those without the original analogue LPs, they were the best sounding vinyl re-issues for many many years.

[I haven't heard the later individual releases of the stuff in the box but would hope that they are similarly good sounding.]

Posted by: ironbelly ()
Date: December 19, 2023 11:27

The set rogerriffin mentioned was issued multiple times in Europe. Those were mail-in orders from local newspapers. The set in that form appeared in Greece, Italy, France, Spain and Portugal for sure. But those were not digipaks but paper sleeves (I know, I am picky). There was nothing new regarding those releases - Decca/London era CDs were presented as 2002 remaster, RSR era as brickwalled 2009 remasters. Overall quality of sleeves and CDs were averagely good but not impressive.

I have doubts regarding new release/reissue of the material.
Not long ago we got Japanese SHM-CDs in mini vinyl replica sleeves for 12 Decca/London era albums in mono + Hot Rocks and More Hot Rocks (debut album and No.2 were missing for EU, but available via cdjapan). Also, there was a reissue of 10 studio albums in the similar packaging for RSR era (from Sticky Fingers up to Dirty Work), 2009 brickwalled remaster. Both these series are still in print and widely available throughout the world.

So there is little to no reason for the band (and record company) to start anew with re-release of the same material. Well, unless they will come out with some really new and fresh idea of repacking winking smiley. And even if they will reissue albums from RSR era again (1971-2023) we'll end up (with 99.9% probability) with that brickwall remaster that is used since 2009.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2023-12-19 11:37 by ironbelly.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: December 19, 2023 11:50

ironbelly

Also, there was a reissue of 10 studio albums in the similar packaging for RSR era (from Sticky Fingers up to Dirty Work), 2009 brickwalled remaster.

Limited Japanese SHM-CDs (faithfully reproduced miniature replica with cardboard sleeve) :

SF - [www.jpc.de] , [www.Amazon.fr]

EOMS - [www.jpc.de] , [www.Amazon.fr]

GHS - [www.jpc.de] , [www.Bravado.de]

IORR - [www.jpc.de] , [www.Amazon.fr]

BAB - [www.jpc.de] , [www.Amazon.fr]

SG - [www.jpc.de] , [www.Amazon.fr]

ER - [www.jpc.de] , [www.Bravado.de]

TY - [www.jpc.de] , [www.Amazon.fr]

UC - [www.jpc.de] , [www.Bravado.de]

DW - [www.jpc.de] , [www.Bravado.de]

Japanese SHM-CDs with cardboard sleeve:

SW - [www.jpc.de]

VL - [www.jpc.de]

B2B - [www.jpc.de]

ABB - [www.jpc.de]

B&L - [www.jpc.de]

HD - [www.jpc.de]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2023-12-19 12:40 by Irix.

Date: December 21, 2023 16:40

Irix
ironbelly

Also, there was a reissue of 10 studio albums in the similar packaging for RSR era (from Sticky Fingers up to Dirty Work), 2009 brickwalled remaster.

Limited Japanese SHM-CDs (faithfully reproduced miniature replica with cardboard sleeve) :

SW - [www.jpc.de]

VL - [www.jpc.de]

B2B - [www.jpc.de]

ABB - [www.jpc.de]

B&L - [www.jpc.de]

HD - [www.jpc.de]

There's also the Spanish cover Sticky Fingers, UICY-78937K that was released during the same time. The price dropped to 6 euros or something so I bought 3 copies from amazon.fr.

Didn't they do Sucking In The 70s, and Time Waits For No One (anthology) as part of that (and maybe Rewind and Made In The Shade?)?

Date: December 21, 2023 22:03

treaclefingers
Irix
ironbelly

SW - [www.jpc.de]

VL - [www.jpc.de]

B2B - [www.jpc.de]

ABB - [www.jpc.de]

B&L - [www.jpc.de]

HD - [www.jpc.de]

There's also the Spanish cover Sticky Fingers, UICY-78937K that was released during the same time. The price dropped to 6 euros or something so I bought 3 copies from amazon.fr.

Didn't they do Sucking In The 70s, and Time Waits For No One (anthology) as part of that (and maybe Rewind and Made In The Shade?)?
Yes, all five you mentioned. They were on sale in FNAC France a few years ago for 6€.
- Sticky Fingers (Spanish version) [1971] [UICY-78937]
- Made in the Shade [1975] [UICY-78938]
- Time Waits for No One: Anthology 1971-1977 [1979] [UICY-78939]
- Sucking in the 70's [1981] [UICY-78940]
- Rewind 1971-1984 (European version) [1984] [UICY-78941]
All but Sucking in the 70's with brickwalled remaster. SITS - Virgin 2005 remaster, they did not bother to re-did that one.

And again, those were mini-vinyl replica sleeves but not digipaks. Digipak means there is a plastic holder for CD, like this.

If there is no holder like that the package is called paper sleeve.
This is important detail for a collector of the stamps winking smiley

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2023-12-21 22:11 by ironbelly.

Date: December 21, 2023 23:07

ironbelly
treaclefingers
Irix
ironbelly

SW - [www.jpc.de]

VL - [www.jpc.de]

B2B - [www.jpc.de]

ABB - [www.jpc.de]

B&L - [www.jpc.de]

HD - [www.jpc.de]

Yes, all five you mentioned. They were on sale in FNAC France a few years ago for 6€.
- Sticky Fingers (Spanish version) [1971] [UICY-78937]
- Made in the Shade [1975] [UICY-78938]
- Time Waits for No One: Anthology 1971-1977 [1979] [UICY-78939]
- Sucking in the 70's [1981] [UICY-78940]
- Rewind 1971-1984 (European version) [1984] [UICY-78941]
All but Sucking in the 70's with brickwalled remaster. SITS - Virgin 2005 remaster, they did not bother to re-did that one.

And again, those were mini-vinyl replica sleeves but not digipaks. Digipak means there is a plastic holder for CD, like this.

If there is no holder like that the package is called paper sleeve.
This is important detail for a collector of the stamps winking smiley

Thank you ironbelly! While I consider myself a stamp collector, I'm still learning the vernacular with respect to these small stamps. I'm more well-versed in the oversized vinyl stamps!

Date: December 22, 2023 15:07

treaclefingers
Thank you ironbelly! While I consider myself a stamp collector, I'm still learning the vernacular with respect to these small stamps. I'm more well-versed in the oversized vinyl stamps!
Actually, there is one set of CDs in 12" package (vinyl size box). That one is very thought of among collectors because it was issued in Japan in almost vanishing quantities. It is a box set A Bigger Bang World Tour (2005-2006) [TOCP-66541/49] that was issued on 2006 March 15. It contains 8 studio albums like Collector's Edition, i.e., from Sticky fingers to Tattoo You. Virgin mastering. Kind of cute one with tons of extras (if you will be lucky to get an unused set) but pricey as a hell.

Date: December 22, 2023 15:47

ironbelly
treaclefingers
Actually, there is one set of CDs in 12" package (vinyl size box). That one is very thought of among collectors because it was issued in Japan in almost vanishing quantities. It is a box set A Bigger Bang World Tour (2005-2006) [TOCP-66541/49] that was issued on 2006 March 15. It contains 8 studio albums like Collector's Edition, i.e., from Sticky fingers to Tattoo You. Virgin mastering. Kind of cute one with tons of extras (if you will be lucky to get an unused set) but pricey as a hell.

I feel sorry for the marketing people who are expected to continuously to come up with new and inventive ways to take our money. It sounds like a hard job!

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: December 22, 2023 16:07

Yahoo I have one of those Japan box sets. My Wife got it while visiting Tokyo back then. I rarely get this lucky.

Date: December 22, 2023 19:30

frankotero
Yahoo I have one of those Japan box sets. My Wife got it while visiting Tokyo back then. I rarely get this lucky.
Which one? There were two versions
2005 August 31 – box set A Bigger Bang World Tour (2005-2006) [TOCP-66451/58]. This was a numbered edition (10 000 copies) in mini vinyl replica sleeves (5" sleeves).
2006 March 15 - box set A Bigger Bang World Tour (2005-2006) [TOCP-66541/49]. This was in full size (12" LP) sleeves.
The later is more collectible, more rare and higher priced usually. But in the both cases they are very nice objects to collect dust on the shelve winking smiley

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: December 22, 2023 21:12

I’m feeling stupid, I don’t have the rare version, just the replicas in a small box. However, I just lucked out and got my favorite version of McCartney III today. It’s the splatter version. Didn’t expect that. So I’m very pleased.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2038
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home