Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Barbarian Twins
Date: September 23, 2019 15:15

I did not add OT to the thread since it's inconceivable that the Powderman could be off topic here in these pages.
I had heard Bard's (Dandy) album in various stages of production, and the final master is fantastic. Excellent song writing, performances and production.
There are a few nods to the Stones that the folks here will spot, and they're clever. Definitely some Woodsy/Keithian overtones in the overall Fender attack but with pride.

It's a guitar album all the way. There are touches of piano and keys, I think some Mellotron if I recall, some female backing/ co vocals. But it's always done with the kind of restraint that I only wish I could show myself on recordings.
The album is not too long, the way it happens often in the age of the 72 minute CD, not one weak-ass cut on there.
I would have told Dandy it was great either way, just for friendship's sake, but that is not the case here at all. No need, it stands on its own. Matter of fact - the reason I am writing this very post is because one of the songs popped up on a playlist of mine a few minutes ago. I have been digging the album since Bard sent it over. And I had to ask the Powderman if I could go ahead and post about it. I;m doing the advance promo blitz.
So, across the ocean to Oslo - Rock on Dandy! Great album. Let it drop asap.

On a personal note: you also kicked that C. back into submission! Come to think of it - maybe you should give the old kidneys a thumbs-up in the album's liner notes LOL. " On lead guitar and kidneys: Bard Andersson"

Edit - Apologies to the BAND! Solid drumming and Bass work by all involved. Also the female singer did great. Don't want Dandy to get a big head winking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-09-23 15:23 by Palace Revolution 2000.

Re: Barbarian Twins
Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: September 23, 2019 15:38

I also heard the album as Dandy was pulling it all together. I was very impressed. The Stones could do worse than having them support the next time they play Sweden or Norway.

And for kicking the blood big C into remission you have a lion heart.

In fact blow away Dandy Lion!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-09-24 18:25 by Silver Dagger.

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: September 23, 2019 16:34

great songs, fantastic musicianship on this.

Posted by: micawber ()
Date: September 23, 2019 17:05

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2019-09-23 20:26 by micawber.

Posted by: OpenG ()
Date: September 23, 2019 18:03

Album - End Of The Line

The standout track for me is King of Kings Its awesome the vocals are up front with the back up singer.

Clout - awesome at 5.55 minutes its a powerhouse song love the tempo changes and love that you used time waits for no one as a lyric.
Going Rouge - great intro and vocals are awesome
King of Kings awesome
You Said I Ruled. Your vocals are awesome.

Locked To The Guillotine - great piece of music
Filthy Game
Leaving To Soon

the live performance of Locked To The Guillotine is terrific and nailed that progressive groove throughout the song and it was not overkill and was easy for the listener to groove on. The intro was melodic and killer for me and like a soundscape. I love at 5.05 you go into that groove(sort of like Black Magic Woman by Santana and that killer guitar note you guys hit at 7.59( reminded me of what MT did on stage from time to time LOL). This is as good as the studio track and like I said the playing and production with the studio cuts are first rate and hopefully you can go on tour and play the songs with your band.

Posted by: ErwinH ()
Date: September 23, 2019 18:57

Silver Dagger
I also heard the album as Dandy was pulling it all together. I was very impressed. The Stones could do worse than having them support the next time they play Sweden.

And what about their home-country Norway? :-)

I haven't heard the final master, but a previous stage... I love the songs!
Great job Bard, and the other bandmembers!!
thumbs up

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: September 23, 2019 20:03

micawber
I listened to all snippets available on amazon.

Sorry, but this is nothing just near the Stones.
Weird amateur garage band sound with really bad songwriting,
Waste of time, not worth listening.

It's certainly true that anyone who has the stamina to complete a creative work and bring it to public attention must have the courage to withstand harsh criticism of their work whether justified or not.

That said, one imagines on a message board that when someone is kind enough to call attention to one of the regulars' creative efforts, anyone not appreciating it would have the common courtesy to simply stay silent. Doing otherwise would appear thoughtless or mean-spirited.

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: September 23, 2019 20:19

Rocky Dijon
micawber

It's certainly true that anyone who has the stamina to complete a creative work and bring it to public attention must have the courage to withstand harsh criticism of their work whether justified or not.

That said, one imagines on a message board that when someone is kind enough to call attention to one of the regulars' creative efforts, anyone not appreciating it would have the common courtesy to simply stay silent. Doing otherwise would appear thoughtless or mean-spirited.

so true, Rocky..

micawber, your screen name would indicate some awareness of Keith Richards.

Keith once said about all the punk bands who were then dissing the Stones: " hey don't put me down.. just do me one better"..

so I have kept that in mind, about others' creative efforts..

your comments, micawber, are your opinion. if you happen to be a musician, I wish success for you..

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-09-23 20:21 by duke richardson.

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: September 23, 2019 20:25

I tracked some tunes down on Spotify and am having a very enjoyable listen! Would love to get my grubby little paws on the new offerings. As someone with next to no artistic talent in any field, I am awed by people who can create something beautiful out of nothing. (The IORR band is still the sentimental favourite though.winking smiley)

Date: September 30, 2019 08:38

Haha, went through some tough shit lately and didn't get to say anything here.

Thanks for the plug, Tony smiling smiley

However, the album is not out yet, and there are no teasers on Amazon, Spotify or other streaming services.

The album, which is titled "End Of The Line", is mastered for vinyl and digital. This third album will be our first vinyl release.

NOTE:
What makes this release worthwhile mentioning here is the heavy involvement of many kind IORR members. I will elaborate on this when the album is out.

NOTE 2:
For those of you who know Barbarian Twins you will notice from the get-go that this album is different, with great ambitions. Let's see whether we succeed or fall flat with this smiling smiley

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2019-09-30 08:40 by DandelionPowderman.

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: September 30, 2019 09:16

I can't wait to hear this, please let us all be the first to know when we can hear it (other than the lucky people who already have)!

Posted by: Redhotcarpet ()
Date: September 30, 2019 10:54

Yeah keep us updated DP!

Date: December 6, 2019 11:11

Single out today. Lots of people on this site helped to pick "Going Rogue" as the single, btw. More about that when the album comes out.

[open.spotify.com]

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: December 6, 2019 11:28

Really a great tune! Nice job. thumbs up

Posted by: resotele ()
Date: December 6, 2019 12:03

Santa brought us a wonderful single !

Great songs, wonderful singing and guitar playing.

All the best to you, brother Dandy

Resotele

(edited for misspelling)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-12-06 14:31 by resotele.

Date: December 6, 2019 14:09

Go Dandy.

Posted by: ErwinH ()
Date: December 6, 2019 16:19

Sounds great DandelionPowderman !
thumbs up

Date: December 6, 2019 20:00

It does sound great and the video...is not at all what I expected. Darn CGI de-aging effects.

[www.youtube.com]

"King of Kings" (not the Dylan tune Woody cut as an instrumental) sounds great as well.

[www.youtube.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-12-06 20:02 by Rocky Dijon.

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: December 6, 2019 22:08

Cool stuff, Dandelion. Sure there won't be too many disappointed people in the audience, if you do a gig and faces don't match the video?

Date: December 6, 2019 22:35

Erik_Snow
Cool stuff, Dandelion. Sure there won't be too many disappointed people in the audience, if you do a gig and faces don't match the video?

They're a talented band called "Yellowroots". Check them out on Spotify.

We might bring them on tour, if the video takes off.. winking smiley

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: December 6, 2019 23:03

Oh the singer, he looks angry
At being thrown to the lions
And the bass player, she looks nervous
About the boys outside
And the drummer, he's so shattered
Trying to keep on time
And the guitar players look damaged
They've been outcasts all their lives ………………………….

Good work Dandeeeeeeeeeee ……. Keep at it …

ROCKMAN

Date: March 27, 2020 20:45

Two tracks will be played on English radio ARFM today ('The Colin Noble-Show, starts in 15 minutes).

Album out April 3.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-03-27 20:47 by DandelionPowderman.

Date: March 27, 2020 20:59

Congratulations, Bard! Much success to you. Most importantly, good health to you and to all iorrians and their loved ones.

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: March 29, 2020 09:46

Sounds pretty damn good. I figured that kid I’d been talking/ discussing/ arguing about music with all this time knew his stuff.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: March 29, 2020 10:17

Rocky Dijon
micawber

That is a bit weird.

However, partially because of that, I have remained silent... on my own regard. This is not an intention to put words into mouths but Elmo met me, years ago... Dandy knows of what I have done and maybe a couple other people, ha ha...

It's thin ice, regardless. If someone I didn't agree with, say, a DIRTY WORK lover, and they put out an album, it's not automatic that I wouldn't like it - it is a lot of work to record a record - but if I did listen to it or liked it not liked it, I may not say anything about it, and even if I haven't said anything, like I have not with the Barbarian Twins, it doesn't mean I don't like it, it may mean I have not 123 whatever.

If the Stones were to read what's said here and determine things based on it...

One thing though: what Dandy has done, what, why would anyone assume it's to be or sound like the Stones? Is that a strict criticism? Aside from just a few people that I am aware of, does anyone know what goes into making a record?

One could say 'Eh, it's not what I thought it might be, good work, but not for me' and just be done with it? It's no different than if some people got together, named themselves The Midnight Ramblers, and were asked by USAToday etc Why did you name the band that? and their response was, I was it on my dad's Stones album...

I guess part of the point is: it takes some chutzpah to do it so...

Date: March 8, 2021 12:22

Vinyl just arrived. Some of you have ordered already. Let me know if anyone would like a copy.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-03-08 12:30 by DandelionPowderman.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: March 9, 2021 16:24

Cool beans, Dande!

Posted by: djgab ()
Date: March 9, 2021 16:32

good stuff !!

Posted by: Per-Arne ()
Date: March 11, 2021 12:38

Recomended.
Got my copy delivered at the door 2 days ago (Thank's Bård!)
Just played it once so far and I think it's an album that will grow with more lisenings. Two favorites after just one listening are "Going Rouge" and "Off of my back" A good album.

Per Arne

Posted by: coffeepotman ()
Date: March 11, 2021 17:29

Very cool, great vibe.

Haters just gonna hate like micawber, don't pay them no mind.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1762
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home