Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12345678910Next
Current Page: 1 of 10
Stones In The Studio Pics
Posted by: JordyLicks96 ()
Date: September 22, 2019 22:52

Not sure if there's a thread on this already but I'd love to see pics of the Stones recording in the studio over the years. Post up any pics you can find...much appreciated!! smileys with beer

Here's a set of pics taken by Eric Hayes. He claims that he took these at Olympic Studios during the BEGGARS BANQUET sessions in the fall of 1968, but they had finished recording BB in July.

These pics are from March/April 1969 at Olympic Studios.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-10-04 23:24 by JordyLicks96.

Re: Stones In The Studio Pics
Posted by: Redhotcarpet ()
Date: September 22, 2019 23:19

Veeeeeery cool. And sad. Thank you

Posted by: letitloose ()
Date: September 22, 2019 23:27

that photo of Keith sitting back. The hair that launched a thousand wannabees. And so unselfconscious , and effortless.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: September 23, 2019 00:42

De Lane Lee Studio London -- 1963 …………………………………………………. Gus Coral

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: September 23, 2019 00:46

Great idea for a thread JordyLicks96. thumbs up

Date: September 23, 2019 19:25

Here's a cool studio pic of Brian Jones overdubbing the recorder onto "Ruby Tuesday" at Olympic Studios in November 1966. POST UP SOME COOL STUDIO PICS YOU CAN FIND!! smiling smiley

Posted by: Monsoon Ragoon ()
Date: September 23, 2019 19:32

JordyLicks96
Not sure if there's a thread on this already but I'd love to see pics of the Stones recording in the studio over the years. Post up any pics you can find...much appreciated!! smileys with beer

Here's a set of pics taken by Eric Hayes. He claims that he took these at Olympic Studios during the BEGGARS BANQUET sessions in the fall of 1968, but they had finished recording BB in July. This would make these pics from November of 1968, the earliest sessions for LET IT BLEED, where they were recording the basic track for "You Can't Always Get What You Want."

I think I know most of the published pictures of Brian Jones 1968/69. But this last one is new to me. The entire band (1963-1969 line-up) in the studio on one picture for the last time. I'd say February or March 1969. Brian was 27 and looked like an much older alcoholic. Really sad.
(At least the picture of Brian alone is definitely 1969, not fall 1968. I don't think that/know if Eric Hayes turned up twice.)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2019-09-26 10:24 by Monsoon Ragoon.

Date: September 23, 2019 23:09

Monsoon Ragoon
JordyLicks96

Here's a set of pics taken by Eric Hayes. He claims that he took these at Olympic Studios during the BEGGARS BANQUET sessions in the fall of 1968, but they had finished recording BB in July. This would make these pics from November of 1968, the earliest sessions for LET IT BLEED, where they were recording the basic track for "You Can't Always Get What You Want."

I think I know most of the published pictures of Brian Jones 1968/69. But this last one is new to me. The entire band (1963-1969 line-up) in the studio on one picture for the last time. I'd say February or March 1969. Almost the entire band, okay. Brian was 27 and looked like an much older alcoholic. Really sad.
(At least the picture of Brian alone is definitely 1969, not fall 1968. I don't think that/know if Eric Hayes turned up twice.)

Here's where I found the pics from his website...[www.erichayes.ca]

There are also rare pics he took during the Rock and Roll Circus, Hyde Park and the Keith Richards benefit show in Canada 1979. Keith's hair is definitely longer in the studio pics compared to the RARC pics from December 1968. So you're most likely correct that these would be from February/March 1969.

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: September 23, 2019 23:28

cant read whatever that is on the piece of paper stuck under the strings on the Les Paul..
but great photos

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: September 23, 2019 23:52

letitloose
that photo of Keith sitting back. The hair that launched a thousand wannabees. And so unselfconscious , and effortless.

Funny I got another impression... like "it's only 1969 and keef looks already quite damaged by smack". confused smiley

It's all in the eye of the beholder I guess... Otoh it's just that he had a tough day cause on the Nellcote pictures taken 2 years later he looks better.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-09-23 23:53 by dcba.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: September 24, 2019 03:40

Great photos, thanks for sharing JordyLicks96! smileys with beer

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: September 24, 2019 09:47

duke richardson
cant read whatever that is on the piece of paper stuck under the strings on the Les Paul..

Yeah, very intriguing ...wonder if the original picks are clear enough to make it out smiling smiley

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: September 24, 2019 10:33

I'd LOVE to see some from 2019 - hell, 2018 would do

Rod

Posted by: Kingbeebuzz ()
Date: September 24, 2019 11:03

The paper, could it read :

The Nun
I (bled England?)
But my heart
Wasn’t in it

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: September 24, 2019 11:15

Monsoon Ragoon

I think I know most of the published pictures of Brian Jones 1968/69. But this last one is new to me. The entire band (1963-1969 line-up) in the studio on one picture for the last time. I'd say February or March 1969. Almost the entire band, okay. Brian was 27 and looked like an much older alcoholic. Really sad.
(At least the picture of Brian alone is definitely 1969, not fall 1968. I don't think that/know if Eric Hayes turned up twice.)[/quote]

Its most defintively early 1969, and could very well be Gimme Shelter or Midnight Rambler.

Mathijs

Date: September 24, 2019 14:46

So what's the obscure instrument Brian's playing in that picture ?

Looks a bit like on of those canopopopaphones.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-09-25 09:40 by Spud.

Date: September 24, 2019 15:33

I have never seen those Eric Hayes shots. Very cool!

Jordy, what are you sing to post pics? I got some.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: September 24, 2019 20:26

Spud

Looks a bit like on of those canopopopohones.

I thought it was a can of beer, but it looks a bit small - maybe some type of shaker/rattling device?.
Whatever the case, interesting photo as the rest of band seem intent on jamming while Brian's standing there with one hand in his pocket seemingly isolated in his own world.

Date: September 25, 2019 00:05

Palace Revolution 2000
I have never seen those Eric Hayes shots. Very cool!

Jordy, what are you sing to post pics? I got some.

Thanks Palace!! I open the pic I find in a new tab. I than copy the URL and paste onto the "Insert Image URL" link above (the one to the right that looks like Earth).
smileys with beer

Date: September 25, 2019 02:22

.................... Villa Nellcôte 1971 ....... Dominique Tarle

ROCKMAN

Date: September 25, 2019 02:34

Awesome Rockman!! Look at the article on the wall about Angela Davis, the inspiration for the song "Sweet Black Angel." cool smiley

Date: September 25, 2019 02:39

.... yeah Jordy .... and the cardboard Sticky Mick .... ..

ROCKMAN

Date: September 25, 2019 02:44

Keef .... Mick .... and Jimmy Miller with big melons ............... .Villa Nellcôte 1971 ....... Dominique Tarle

ROCKMAN

Date: September 25, 2019 03:20

Chess Studios, June 1964

Date: September 25, 2019 09:45

Hairball
Spud

Looks a bit like on of those canopopopohones.

I thought it was a can of beer, but it looks a bit small - maybe some type of shaker/rattling device?.
Whatever the case, interesting photo as the rest of band seem intent on jamming while Brian's standing there with one hand in his pocket seemingly isolated in his own world.

Probably beer rather than pop....a canobeeraphone... but I was too young to drink in those day...so I don't recognise the brand grinning smiley

Date: September 25, 2019 09:51

Rockman
.... yeah Jordy .... and the cardboard Sticky Mick .... ..

Wonder if anyone ever turned and started talking to him...

Posted by: exilestones ()
Date: September 25, 2019 13:13

Put together by Stones’ pianist and road manager Ian Stewart, the Mobile allowed the Stones to set up and play in any building they wanted.

[rollingstonesvaults.blogspot.com]

[www.deep-purple.am]

Posted by: exilestones ()
Date: September 25, 2019 13:17

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: September 25, 2019 16:41

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2019-09-26 21:10 by Edison.

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: September 25, 2019 19:22

The Database which most people think is pretty accurate, doesnt mention Brian being at any recording sessions late 1968.
Obviously involved in the other projects (RRC, David Frost show) but that seems to be about it.
So Spring 1969 seems a fair bet. In which case the photos do have a certain intensity about them.

Goto Page: 12345678910Next
Current Page: 1 of 10

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1891
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home