Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Would you like a new blog strictly dedicated to RS vinyl collecting?
Posted by: GiorgioGomelsky ()
Date: October 26, 2019 15:39

Great ideahot smiley

Posted by: Jan Richards ()
Date: October 26, 2019 16:11

Deltics
tioms
Detics, You wrote:
Yep, works for me. That's the link to his new website. Jan had problems with his old one.,
Can you tell me what's the webside?
Greetings,

That's really odd, it appears to be down at the moment.
I've messaged Jan about it.

Hi guys. yes, my page is down and has been for a few days. I did not notice it myself until today. There are some data base issues and the content is being migrated to a new data base. It will be up and running shortly. Thanks for caring

Jan Richards

[www.stonesondecca.com]

Posted by: tioms ()
Date: October 27, 2019 02:40

Hi Jan, I was at the point to write you a mail about your Decca pages. At the moment it's OK. Yesterday evening it was open for +/- 1 hour.

Greets, aka "kapel" vikings site,

Posted by: stonesstein ()
Date: October 27, 2019 15:03

Luca, count me in when you get it open for business

stonesstein

Kick me like you did before
I can't even feel the pain no more
Rocks Off, 1972

Posted by: Jan Richards ()
Date: October 28, 2019 19:33

The problem with blogs or fb groups or net pages dedicated to a very narrow part of any hobby will struggle to stay alive in the long run. There are just not enough of people who cares and are willing to participate actively in discussions and contribute with data.

Take this IORR site for example. Can’t remember how many individual visitors BV has on a yearly basis, he told me once but can’t remember. It is over one million anyhow. Out of this one million we have a few thousands who are actively collecting Stones music in different formats. Out of these few thousands only a few hundreds are registered users here and out of them, less than 100 are actively posting here on collecting related topics. Majority of these posters are also active on many other forums and fb pages.
We tried to run a forum on collecting any Stone stuff within the Stones Vikings about 10 years or so ago. We managed to attract about 50 active posters, many of them high-profile collectors such as StoneRelics. But it only lasted for two or three years and then interest faded away. New similar pages were opened, and people moved on.

In the end of the day, there are not that many collectors in the world today who get into the groves and are interesting to actively participate. Then there are so many fb pages and forums around, so we are not enough collectors to fill the pages with data. We also live in a world where the massive amount of data and information is flowing through our brains daily and we are used to it. This means that the moderator of a collector pages needs to post new interesting information at least once a week. If not, then the page is considered dead and people will not visit anymore.

Having said all that positive thinking, yes Luca. If you start up a collectors forum, I will participate. At least during the Finnish winter from October to March. April to September is dedicated for my other obsession, old US vintage cars.

A bit too long post, sorry

Ahh, forgot. The one million visitors less the few thousand collectors, they are only interested in setlist discussions and what Mick Taylor is doing today smiling smiley

Jan Richards

[www.stonesondecca.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-10-28 19:36 by Jan Richards.

Date: October 28, 2019 23:56

Hi Jan,
Thank you for your good explanation about your old webside. But I've to say that the Vikings side is last year overrun by someone with messages which has nothing to do with LP's, cd's or what so ever (credit cards, passports and so on. I don't understand why the Vikings President it not did put out from the side. And therefore I had not any conclusion to read it anymore.
Luc, aka kapel, vikings

Posted by: downagain ()
Date: October 30, 2019 14:28

georgemcdonnell314
This would be great I am in.

I have some bootlegs that have no label just a white sticker.

Maybe someone can help me identify some of them.

Thanks.

If there's a matrix number or anything written on the ring of "empty" wax closest to the middle you can punch that into discogs.com and likely identify some of them. I just did this recently.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-10-30 14:29 by downagain.

Posted by: 1963luca0 ()
Date: October 30, 2019 14:52

Jan,
you're right and I partially agree with you. Still, I'm not trying to start a ground breaking blog with massive registration by hundreds of collectors. I'm just willing to let those few who still care about high-end record collecting have a place where they can post questions, have answers and follow the threads they like. Nothing more, nothing less.
On top of that, the books I publish do sell quite well even when facing topics (like the latest dedicated to side activities) that one could suppose of lesser interest. To me, this means that there's some demand left, even in the age of download.
Maybe the blog will be a fiasco, maybe not and I guess it will depend on the bloggers, rather than on me. Let's see what happens...
Bye, Luca

Posted by: bv ()
Date: October 30, 2019 17:34

There are more than one million unique visitors to IORR.org every year. Just for the info. It is a massive full time work and expense to run and maintain a web site with forum pages over time. Doing this for a year or so is easy, but for decades is hard. IORR has been online for 24 years since 1995, and as a fan club since 1980, 40th anniversary next year. I am just adding this as info in the process.

Bjornulf

Posted by: mariano ()
Date: October 30, 2019 17:44

you're the man bv
thank you

Date: November 3, 2019 12:50

Most of the time Jan Richards new webside: www.stonesondecca.com doesn't work. And if I call some friends their answer is just thesame: ERROR.
aka kapel (vikings)

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2254
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home