Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4
Re: My/Your 1st Stones Concert..Setlist and Where was it? How much was a Ticket?
Posted by: Meise ()
Date: September 27, 2019 14:14

Frankfurt/Germany, May 27th 1990. Ticket about 50 DM (approx. 25 € / 27 USD).

Setlist: [www.setlist.fm]

Re: My/Your 1st Stones Concert..Setlist and Where was it? How much was a Ticket?
Posted by: buttons67 ()
Date: September 27, 2019 17:06

There are stats, not sure from what site, but the most represented album from a single tour is voodoo lounge, which contradicts many peoples opinion that the stones were last relevant as a a band touring a new album way back in the 80,s.

for steel wheels tour we got 5 steel wheels songs on many concerts, not quite as relevant as the 1981-82 tours when over half the set, around 13 songs would be taken from some girls, emotional rescue and tattoo you.

i know stats can be skewed and comparisons not always equal as the voodoo liunge tours may have had more gigs representing it than others.

Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: September 27, 2019 19:41

Stockholm 1995.
Ticket price was 350 SEK, which was about 50 USD or so.
Setlist: [iorr.org]

Posted by: mikey C ()
Date: October 2, 2019 04:48

I did this just for fun.....And to everyone Thank You...Loved it!!!!

Posted by: novica ()
Date: October 2, 2019 09:33

Licks Tour
Palais Omnisports Bercy
Paris, France
July 7, 2003

Setlist :
Street Fighting Man
It's Only Rock'n Roll
If You Can't Rock Me
Don't Stop
Rocks Off
Love In Vain
Live With Me
Monkey Man
Midnight Rambler
Tumbling Dice
Thru And Thru
Happy
Start Me Up
Can't You Hear Me Knocking
Jumping Jack Flash
Mannish Boy (B-stage)
You Got Me Rocking (B-stage)
Brown Sugar (B-stage)
Satisfaction (encore)

Ticket price, I can't remember, but I think it was ~150 €

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-10-02 09:33 by novica.

Posted by: justeillusion ()
Date: October 2, 2019 09:51

June 13 1976 Nice 40 francs = 6 euros!!!
Set liste:
setlist.fm/setlist/the-rolling-stones/1976/stade-de-louest-nice-france-3d6ede3.html

Posted by: Mick2014 ()
Date: October 2, 2019 12:20

Munich 17.06.1976 in Olympic Hall the new LP Black and Blue

Mick Jagger on Piano to play Fool to cry

we have no tix.

on Black Market 20 Mark = 9 $ 10 Euros

great concert i was 16 years old.

Posted by: ROLLINGSTONE ()
Date: October 3, 2019 18:13

Glasgow Apollo May 1982. Warm-up gig for Euro Tour. Tickets only released about a week before, just had 'The Concert' printed on ticket to prevent it leaking out. Cost £6. Can't remember exact setlist but pretty much what we got on the European Tour. Very intimate 3,500 crowd in a legendary venue.thumbs up

"I'll be in my basement room with a needle and a spoon."

Posted by: hickorywind ()
Date: October 3, 2019 18:37

Odeon Theatre Glasgow June 15th 1965 (First Show)
Ticket 6/6d
Set list included most of Got Live If You Want It songs

Posted by: georgie48 ()
Date: October 3, 2019 22:22

In 1967 (had just started a tough and very intens study) I totally missed out on an announcement that the Stones were doing one show in March. I was very, very pi*sed with myself.
Two years later I had arranged a boat trip to Harwich to go and see the Rolling Stones in Hyde park in 1969. When I woke up on the morning of July 3rd the media came with the news that Brian Jones had died in his swimming pool during the night. Even though Brian had left the band only weeks before, I was devastated. I could't find any excuse to go to London anymore, so I didn't (!).
So finally when the band came to Amsterdam on October 9 1970 I experienced my first live concert with the band.
Great setlist:
Jumping Jack Flash
Roll over Beethoven (!)
Sympathy for the Devil
Stray Cat Blues (!)
Love in Vain
Dead Flowers
Midnight Rambler (!)
Live with Me
Let it Rock
Little Queenie (!)
Brown Sugar (!!!)
Honky Tonk Woman
Street Fighting Man (my favourite at the time)

smileys with beer

Posted by: rattler2004 ()
Date: October 4, 2019 03:58

1st Stones Show...1st Concert

Cleveland Muni Stadium

July 1, 1978

Ticket $12.50...I had to look that up

Let It Rock

All Down the Line

Honky Tonk Women

Star Star

When the Whip Comes Down

Miss You

Lies

Beast of Burden

Shattered

Just My Imagination (Running Away With Me)

Respectable

Far Away Eyes

Love in Vain

Tumbling Dice

Happy

Sweet Little Sixteen

Brown Sugar

Jumpin' Jack Flash

the shoot 'em dead, brainbell jangler!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-10-04 03:59 by rattler2004.

Posted by: ab ()
Date: October 4, 2019 15:06

JFK Stadium, Philadelphia, June 17, 1978, $12.50. Setlist was almost the same as Cleveland, but they didn't play Lies and did Satisfaction after Shattered. The Some Girls songs were in a different order from Cleveland.

Not a very good show. Jagger had a cold. Tried to make like any other band plugging a new album and didn't pay enough attention to the back catalog. 90 minutes, no encore, angry mob threw things at stage afterwards. 1978 regarded more highly in hindsight.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2019-10-04 15:23 by ab.

Goto Page: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1832
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home