Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 3 of 4
Re: My/Your 1st Stones Concert..Setlist and Where was it? How much was a Ticket?
Date: September 24, 2019 15:44

Setlist was the Some Girls album, and they did "Satisfaction" which was a rarity in those days.
Price was - we won half the tickets , although looking back I think the game was rigged, and we paid in illegal product for the other half.
All in all it was a good deal.

Came back to NYC, and immediately heard about the unscheduled Palladium show. Traded two Springsteen tickets, and most of my rent dollars for the Stones, and Patti show.

Re: My/Your 1st Stones Concert..Setlist and Where was it? How much was a Ticket?
Posted by: Send It To me ()
Date: September 24, 2019 16:58

Columbia, MO 1994 - $50

Everyone knows the VL setlist, they played "Memory Motel" as the variable song.

Posted by: HalfNanker ()
Date: September 24, 2019 17:28

MSG
November '81
standard set list for that tour

I was 14 and won the "tattoo Me" post card raffle; the ticket was about 33 bucks. My mom was shocked I'd pay that much for a concert!

who'd a thunk that 38 years later at my last show I'd pay LESS than that for LDs (in the pit!) in NJ (though a whole lot more was spent on the 20 shows in between those over the years, but for the Beacon, i got those off of TM and they were only 25 or 50, i forget).

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: September 24, 2019 17:30

Kings Hall, Belle Vue, Manchester , Sept 1973.

Can't recall the set list...but they opened with with BS [then I think GS] and I suspect we'd kill to get the same set list today !

Can't remember ticket price either ...but it woiulkds have been about two quid .

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-09-24 17:37 by Spud.

Posted by: Paddy ()
Date: September 24, 2019 17:48

Wembley Stadium 1999 my first Stones gig. I was 19.

Posted by: ShaTurd ()
Date: September 24, 2019 19:40

Landover Md.(Capital Centre), Dec. 7, 1981...Tix were $35/pair

Posted by: itsallovernow ()
Date: September 24, 2019 23:00

Syracuse, NY, July 6,1966. This was the show that BJ got in trouble for “dragging” the American f

Posted by: itsallovernow ()
Date: September 24, 2019 23:02

Syracuse War Memorial, July 6,1966. This was the show that BJ got in trouble for “dragging” the American flag across the floor backstage. They didn’t play Syracuse again until ‘81.

Posted by: spikenyc ()
Date: September 24, 2019 23:21

1978 Capitol Theater Passaic New Jersey was my first Stones show.
I was a naive 16 yr old.
My friend won tickets on the radio (WNEW I think?).
It was hot, raw and nasty and we loved it!
Probably the best show out of the over 50 Stones shows I have seen in my life.

Let It Rock
All Down the Line
Honky Tonk Women
Star Star
When the Whip Comes Down
Miss You
Just My Imagination (Running Away With Me)
Lies
Beast of Burden
Respectable
Far Away Eyes
Love in Vain
Shattered
Sweet Little Sixteen
Tumbling Dice
Happy
Brown Sugar
Jumpin' Jack Flash
Encore:
Street Fighting Man

Here is a nice article about the show -

[www.nj.com]

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: September 24, 2019 23:26

I saw them during the fabled 1792 tour!
[iorr.org]

It cost me 2 ducks and one fat goose but it was worth every feather... I mean penny!

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: September 24, 2019 23:30

dcba
I saw them during the fabled 1792 tour!
[iorr.org]

It cost me 2 ducks and one fat goose but it was worth every feather... I mean penny!

Jeeez, you could have got a Lucky Dippe for a chicken!

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: September 25, 2019 00:02

spikenyc
I was a naive 16 yr old.

Let It Rock
All Down the Line
Honky Tonk Women
Star Star
When the Whip Comes Down
Miss You
Lies
Beast of Burden
Respectable
Far Away Eyes
Love in Vain
Shattered
Sweet Little Sixteen
Tumbling Dice
Happy
Brown Sugar
Jumpin' Jack Flash
Encore:
Street Fighting Man

[www.nj.com]

Wow! I count 8 songs from then current album Some Girls. Arguably the last time they toured
as a very current recording and performing band (Tattoo You was mostly polished up old outtakes). A pity there wasn't a follow up European leg.

On their 1989-2007 tours, we were lucky to get 3 or 4 songs from the latest album.

It says a lot for the strength of their 1st 15 years that they are still able to tour playing almost entirely music from this period and command the audiences and fees they do. Long may they continue, though a new album would be nice! But there's no real financial incentive to release one.

Posted by: floodonthepage ()
Date: September 25, 2019 00:20

grzegorz67
spikenyc
I was a naive 16 yr old.

Let It Rock
All Down the Line
Honky Tonk Women
Star Star
When the Whip Comes Down
Miss You
Lies
Beast of Burden
Respectable
Far Away Eyes
Love in Vain
Shattered
Sweet Little Sixteen
Tumbling Dice
Happy
Brown Sugar
Jumpin' Jack Flash
Encore:
Street Fighting Man

[www.nj.com]

Wow! I count 8 songs from then current album Some Girls. Arguably the last time they toured
as a very current recording and performing band (Tattoo You was mostly polished up old outtakes). A pity there wasn't a follow up European leg.

On their 1989-2007 tours, we were lucky to get 3 or 4 songs from the latest album.

It says a lot for the strength of their 1st 15 years that they are still able to tour playing almost entirely music from this period and command the audiences and fees they do. Long may they continue, though a new album would be nice! But there's no real financial incentive to release one.

Had 5 songs from Steel Wheels in my '89 show, 6 songs from Voodoo Lounge in my '94 show.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: September 25, 2019 00:30

Seems to me that the 2002/2003 tour was the first one where the ticket prices skyrocketed? Or was it the 1997-1999 tour?

Date: September 25, 2019 00:33

floodonthepage
grzegorz67
spikenyc
I was a naive 16 yr old.

Let It Rock
All Down the Line
Honky Tonk Women
Star Star
When the Whip Comes Down
Miss You
Lies
Beast of Burden
Respectable
Far Away Eyes
Love in Vain
Shattered
Sweet Little Sixteen
Tumbling Dice
Happy
Brown Sugar
Jumpin' Jack Flash
Encore:
Street Fighting Man

[www.nj.com]

Had 5 songs from Steel Wheels in my '89 show, 6 songs from Voodoo Lounge in my '94 show.

I’m presuming that was in the US? At my Urban Jungle show with the Steel Wheels set at Wembley, it was 3 or 4 and VL & BtB similar.

But the point being that by that stage of their career, they were very definitely a retro act (which they definitely weren’t yet in 1978) with the accompanying albums not big sellers really. I always thought that even though these late career albums achieved only modest sales, they always helped to freshen up the older classic material, something that’s missing from the 2012+ era. Nonetheless they’re still performing the old songs very well and I’ve actually seen 23 of my lifetime 38 shows in this era!

Date: September 25, 2019 00:40

Stoneage
Seems to me that the 2002/2003 tour was the first one where the ticket prices skyrocketed? Or was it the 1997-1999 tour?

I believe the Arena only No Security Tour of the US & Canada in early 1999 was when they began experimenting with crazy prices. It was definitely 2002-3 for stadia.

That said, the 10 outdoor BtB shows in Europe in May/June 1999 were still around £30 GA with front of stage for wristbanded early arrivals and no special tickets. They even cut the prices for the final night in Cologne! Edinburgh was Argentina style whole floor GA and it was chaos but still well worth £30. Well short of sold out too!

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: September 25, 2019 00:52

Stadium (seated) was about 80 Euros and arena (floor) about 60 Euro back in 2003 (Stockholm) as far as I remember. About twice the price of the 94/95 tour but still not really skyrocket prices.

Posted by: Midnight Toker ()
Date: September 25, 2019 00:56

July 9 1975 LA Forum Los Angeles CA. Ticket cost -$12.50 Colonade Row 5
My 1st Concert Age 15

Fanfare for the Common Man
HTW
ADTL
If You Cant Rock Me/Get off of My Cloud
Star Star
Gimme Shelter
Ain't Too Proud To Beg
You Gotta Move
YCAGWYW
Happy
TD
IORR
Fingerprint File
Angie
Wild Horses
That's Life-Billy P.
Outta Space-Billy P
Brown Sugar
Midnight Rambler
Rip This Joint
SFM
JJ Flash

Encore-
SFD

Date: September 25, 2019 01:09

Stoneage
Stadium (seated) was about 80 Euros and arena (floor) about 60 Euro back in 2003 (Stockholm) as far as I remember. About twice the price of the 94/95 tour but still not really skyrocket prices.

It wasn’t Skyrocket prices yet but it was the 1st big jump. Previous jumps between tours has been modest really. I was Front of Stage Ronnie’s Side in Berlin & Hamburg for about 90 Euro each. GA was only about 10EUR less! The U.K. stadium shows were seats on the floor for the 1st time ever so I didn’t go to any. Top Price floor seats were £160+ I did get cheap but good side seats for the 1st of 2 indoor Shows at the Glasgow SECC, to date the smallest venue I’ve seen them in.

ABB 2006/7 was higher again, before things went off the scale from 2012, with those eye watering £400+ tickets at the London O2! Lucky Dips only for me from now on thumbs up.

Posted by: sundevil ()
Date: September 25, 2019 04:00

Send It To me
Columbia, MO 1994 - $50

Everyone knows the VL setlist, they played "Memory Motel" as the variable song.

this was an excellent show. keith smoked 'you got me rocking', absolutely blistering. voodoo had some great shows.

Posted by: HalfNanker ()
Date: September 25, 2019 18:04

if you read the stories, the '69 tour was the skyrocket tour, as they were asking for 8.50 for some seats!! Ralph Gleason really went after then that tour.

That was 12 years before my first show, but i still cant picture a time when that was considered price gauging!

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: September 25, 2019 18:47

Stoneage

I paid 90 Euros for the Paris Bercy arena gig. At that time I thought it was a lot of money about 3 times a regular gig.

The gig was great though... the Stones at their best. Not because it was great from the start but because the audience was initially very cold (tired?). And you could see these old professionals noticing it and slowly, song after song, working very hard towin the crowd.

And boy they did!
After a few track Jagger had 16 000 ppl in the palm of his hand and by the time the B-stage bit happened Jagger could have told the crowd "it's over, go home we won't play no more", and people would have cheered him anyway.

Posted by: Gangster-of-love ()
Date: September 25, 2019 20:38

Frankfurt - Germany
May 26th 1990
Ticket was around 65 German Marks which was in those days more or less 25 US$

Posted by: Gangster-of-love ()
Date: September 25, 2019 20:43

So her comes the set list for Frankfurt:

Start Me Up
Play Video
Bitch
Play Video
Sad Sad Sad
Play Video
Tumbling Dice
Play Video
Miss You
Play Video
Almost Hear You Sigh
Play Video
Ruby Tuesday
Play Video
Factory Girl
Play Video
Rock and a Hard Place
Play Video
Mixed Emotions
Play Video
Honky Tonk Women
Play Video
Midnight Rambler
Play Video
You Can't Always Get What You Want
Play Video
Can't Be Seen
(Keith Richards on lead vocals)
Play Video
Happy
(Keith Richards on lead vocals)
Play Video
Paint It Black
Play Video
2000 Light Years From Home
Play Video
Sympathy for the Devil
Play Video
Street Fighting Man
Play Video
Gimme Shelter
Play Video
It's Only Rock 'n' Roll (But I Like It)
Play Video
Brown Sugar
Play Video
(I Can't Get No) Satisfaction
Play Video
Encore:
Jumpin' Jack Flash

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: September 25, 2019 20:51

Play Video was a popular song on that tour .......drinking smiley

Posted by: Ladykiller ()
Date: September 25, 2019 21:16

2nd June 1990 - Munich Olympiastadium

Tix Price was 59,00 German Marks

Setlist, I do not remember.

Posted by: northof49 ()
Date: September 26, 2019 04:28

This is going back a ways but...

Oct.29,1965, Montreal Forum, Mtl.Quebec

Ticket price: Probably around $3.00.

Set List: Only two songs were played due to fact that both cops and security couldn't control the extremely enthusiastic stage-storming teenage crowd. The songs performed were most likely Everybody Needs Somebody to Love and Mercy Mercy.
I had just turned 15 and didn't mind in the least that the show had been stopped even though each song played had each cost me the huge sum of $1.50/piece.
It was an eye opener for me - made me feel proud that the band i'd grown to love over the previous year were capable of causing riots. Rock On!

Posted by: MGetzner ()
Date: September 26, 2019 19:12

31 July 1990, Vienna
Me outside the stadium, so a free concert, however sound was not too good ;-)
Can't remember the setlist...

Posted by: reg thorpe ()
Date: September 26, 2019 21:02

July 26 1972 MSG NY Micks birthday
opening act Stevie Wonder
tickets $6.50

Brown Sugar
Bitch
Rocks Off
Gimme Shelter
Happy
Tumbling Dice
Love in Vain
Sweet Virginia
All Down The Line
Midnight Rambler
Bye Bye Johnny
Rip This Joint
Jumpin' Jack Flash
Street Fighting Man

Uptight (Everything's Alright) with Stevie Wonder
(I Can't Get No) Satisfaction with Stevie Wonder

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: September 26, 2019 21:38

reg thorpe
July 26 1972 MSG NY Micks birthday
opening act Stevie Wonder
tickets $6.50

Brown Sugar
Bitch
Rocks Off
Gimme Shelter
Happy
Tumbling Dice
Love in Vain
Sweet Virginia
All Down The Line
Midnight Rambler
Bye Bye Johnny
Rip This Joint
Jumpin' Jack Flash
Street Fighting Man

Uptight (Everything's Alright) with Stevie Wonder
(I Can't Get No) Satisfaction with Stevie Wonder

Wow! Other than JJF and Satisfaction, all of the originals were post-JJF.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 3 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2046
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home