Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12345678Next
Current Page: 1 of 8
Keith and Mick chime in on Climate Strike
Posted by: LazarusSmith ()
Date: September 20, 2019 20:31

Today on Twitter, the Glimmers each posted a "form" tweet in support of today's Climate Strike:

Keith Richards
@officialKeef
1h
I stand in support of the global #climatestrike today. We need to do everything we can to protect our planet and humanity. Find out more at [globalclimatestrike.net]

Mick Jagger
@MickJagger
7h
I stand in support of the global #climatestrike today. We need to do everything we can to protect our planet and humanity. Find out more at [globalclimatestrike.net]

Re: Keith and Mick chime in on Climate Strike
Posted by: Nate ()
Date: September 20, 2019 20:34

Haven’t read Keith’s comments but Mick has been getting hammered online today for this.

Nate

Date: September 20, 2019 20:35

Nate
Haven’t read Keith’s comments but Mick has been getting hammered online today for this.

Nate

Neither of them really made "comments;" they each just took a template that is going around and sent it out to their followers.

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: September 20, 2019 20:44

Sorry I don’t use Twitter but I was referring to Micks statement on Facebook about supporting the strikes.

Nate

Date: September 20, 2019 20:47

Nate
Sorry I don’t use Twitter but I was referring to Micks statement on Facebook about supporting the strikes.

Nate

Ahh, gotcha. If you look at their Twitter feeds right now, they are both getting LIT UP by people who are either bemused or angry about being "lectured to" by "pampered jet setting rock stars." For example, one guy on Keith's feed wrote: "Your carbon footprint is an ultrasaurus to my dilophosaurus, boomer."

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: September 20, 2019 20:48

Keith's weed and cigarette smoke alone is enough to alter the climate - who does he think he is?!!!

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: September 20, 2019 21:35

LazarusSmith

Today on Twitter, the Glimmers each posted a "form" tweet in support of today's Climate Strike:

Mick / Keith / Ronnie: [Twitter.com] · [Twitter.com] · [Twitter.com] · [www.Facebook.com] · [www.Facebook.com] · [www.Facebook.com] · [www.Instagram.com] · [www.Instagram.com] · [www.Instagram.com] .

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: September 20, 2019 21:43

LazarusSmith

Keith Richards
@officialKeef
1h

What Keef really thought before Jane Rose wrote a consensual message in his name... :

"Bunch of pampered little turds! They skip school so they go jerking around in the streets! In my time school was a luxury and a valuable good, so you'd think twice before you'd mess with it! Buggers!" >grinning smiley<

Date: September 20, 2019 21:49

dcba
LazarusSmith

Keith Richards
@officialKeef
1h

What Keef really thought before Jane Rose wrote a consensual message in his name... :

"Bunch of pampered little turds! They skip school so they go jerking around in the streets! In my time school was a luxury and a valuable good, so you'd think twice before you'd mess with it! Buggers!" >grinning smiley<

"And while they're at it, they need to stay the f*ck off my lawn!"

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: September 20, 2019 21:58

I acknowledge that the Glimmer Twins gather nervous sarcasm on here for something that, i must assume, is something that, before approving a tweet being made, must correspond to their feelings and believes.

Date: September 20, 2019 22:09

They can give a good example by stop touring which makes millions of fans stop traveling etc. Just joking, forget it. We are caught in a global economical trap. Reducing pollution won't save us either. Too many people wanting too much. We'll see what the globe looks like after another 30 years. By that time I'm gone anyway. Thank God.

A day in the house. Jeff Beck.

Posted by: SomeGuy ()
Date: September 20, 2019 22:14

I thought rockstars were supposed to be morons.

Posted by: wonderboy ()
Date: September 20, 2019 22:20

I like that young people are rallying. They're the future and if they learn how to make changes, great. I hate that fear (implanted by their teachers/media) seems to be a motivator.
Mick and Keith, whatever. If their kids are encouraging them, that's cool. But if you're going to espouse a cause, at least do something to live out your beliefs.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: September 20, 2019 22:26

Keef part deux :
"And who do you take your cue from, kids? That young chick with the eyes of a dead rotten cod! Her eyes look deader than Brian's early 1969! Huh huh!
What's her name already? Greta Thunberg? No!? That's the name of a WWII German Stuka pilot! Huh huh!"

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: September 20, 2019 22:37

I won't take any attacks on Greta Thunberg's looks. I think she is a very brave girl. I admire her. She is only 16. She has Asperger's which she is very open with.
People making fun of her looks is in the lowest moral category in my book. We recently had a high ranking CEO here in Sweden making fun of her.
He lost his job the other day. Rightfully so.

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: September 20, 2019 22:43

All great people were 16 once...............Her name translates as 'Great Thunder Mountain'...............(Volcano.............she's rumbling and there were tremors in cities all round the world today........

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-09-20 22:50 by EddieByword.

Date: September 20, 2019 22:46

It's a complex construction that dcba used. The form of the post is that s/he put imagined words in the mouth of "Keef." It's conceivable that dcba is a great fan of Greta and just believes Keith is ignorant or out of touch enough to say such things about Greta. Or it could be that dcba dislikes Greta and is using the character of "Keef" to mouth viewpoints he is reluctant to share him/herself.

Posted by: peoplewitheyes ()
Date: September 20, 2019 22:52

erudite analysis, LazarusSmith

Posted by: Testify ()
Date: September 20, 2019 23:02

If a person believes we don't have to defend our planet, it means he has serious problems! For this reason I believe that Mick, Keith and Ronnie have only said what we should all say. If to say this it is necessary to have had a life as a friar, otherwise you are accused of everything, it means not having understood anything.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: September 20, 2019 23:13

Sure, L Smith. I'll give dcba a pass of course. I just wanted to nip it in the bud.

Posted by: Redhotcarpet ()
Date: September 21, 2019 00:53

What are they selling?

Date: September 21, 2019 01:58

Why Keith?

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: September 21, 2019 02:10

….. there was a Keith interview
from about a decade back where he
said he was worried about the climate
and what sort of a planet we were leaving for future generations ….

ROCKMAN

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: September 21, 2019 02:36

The Stones & the Natural Resources Defense Council - 2003.........[iorr.org]

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: September 21, 2019 02:37

Rockman
….. there was a Keith interview
from about a decade back where he
said he was worried about the climate
and what sort of a planet we were leaving for future generations ….

Saw a similar interview..
Only the kids were worried about what sort of planet we were leaving for future Keith cool smiley

Posted by: stone66 ()
Date: September 21, 2019 02:38

It's always something.

40 years ago it was "No Nukes".

Well, we still have "nukes" but now nobody cares.

Ironically, sending tweets and responding to tweets just adds to the perceived problem.

Humankind makes up 20% of CO2 emissions, and the Internet represents a continually growing percentage of that 20%:

"Sending an email, Using search engines, storing data pollute: the web generates today 2% of the CO2 emissions of the planet. And this is just the beginning of this new form of pollution. Indeed, within four years, digital pollution will represent 3 to 4% of carbon dioxide emissions … A situation that becomes alarming!"

More: [cleanfox.io]

Posted by: tumbled ()
Date: September 21, 2019 04:09

Yea and ROnnie did too. Common sense. Quit cutting down the trees. that filter our air. They are our lungs. Stop It. Its got to get down to the local level. Stop DEVELOPMENT of commercial and suburban crap we do not need!!!! The air we breath and the sanity we need is at stake here.. stop development. NOW
vote accordingly. suburban sprawl in the last 200 years has turned the US Into CONCRETE

Posted by: MileHigh ()
Date: September 21, 2019 04:15

stone66
It's always something.

Ironically, sending tweets and responding to tweets just adds to the perceived problem.

Humankind makes up 20% of CO2 emissions, and the Internet represents a continually growing percentage of that 20%:

"Sending an email, Using search engines, storing data pollute: the web generates today 2% of the CO2 emissions of the planet. And this is just the beginning of this new form of pollution. Indeed, within four years, digital pollution will represent 3 to 4% of carbon dioxide emissions … A situation that becomes alarming!"

How true. We live in an era of so much propaganda and dumbing-down. Yes, the Internet and all of those servers have a CO2 footprint. But what is the elephant in the room that "they" are forgetting? The efficiencies of using the Internet give us is a net-positive for the CO2 footprint. Fewer people have to drive to work, the can work from home. Doh! Likewise you can order goods and services without having to drive to and fro to get them. No more diving back and forth to the video club. Doh!

Posted by: tumbled ()
Date: September 21, 2019 04:18

MileHigh
stone66
It's always something.

How true. We live in an era of so much propaganda and dumbing-down. Yes, the Internet and all of those servers have a CO2 footprint. But what is the elephant in the room that "they" are forgetting? The efficiencies of using the Internet give us is a net-positive for the CO2 footprint. Fewer people have to drive to work, the can work from home. Doh! Likewise you can order goods and services without having to drive to and fro to get them. No more diving back and forth to the video club. Doh!

I suggest you get your head out of the clouds and see the changes that are going around you.

Posted by: MileHigh ()
Date: September 21, 2019 04:18

Any nerds out there know what an "RC time constant" is? smiling smiley

Goto Page: 12345678Next
Current Page: 1 of 8

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1614
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home