Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4
Re: Keith and Patti - bff?
Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: September 26, 2019 04:32

Years from now we'll look back and think of this as IORR's Salad Days.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: September 26, 2019 04:36

… you mean like Poke salad

ROCKMAN

Date: September 26, 2019 04:38

…. I've met Cindy C ….
She tried ta lick me … but nobody will believe it …

ROCKMAN

Posted by: CindyC ()
Date: September 26, 2019 04:40

Rockman
…. I've met Cindy C ….
She tried ta lick me … but nobody will believe it …

I WANT PROOF!!

Date: September 26, 2019 04:41

Rockman
… you mean like Poke salad

Remember when Rooster thought it was "Pork Salad Annie"?
I think of him everytime I hear that song now.

Date: September 26, 2019 05:20

I WANT PROOF!!

Meeting CindyC ……….Sheffield 2006 ….

ROCKMAN

Date: September 26, 2019 07:13

Rockman
I WANT PROOF!!

HA!!! Totally forgot about that! Not my most attractive moment, but I was feeling real well.... lol

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2019-09-26 07:14 by CindyC.

Date: September 26, 2019 07:17

…. I think it's cute and ya hair looks beautiful …..

I don't want no girl with hair like drops of rain
Don't want no baby with hair like drops a rain
I want a real fine baby with hair like a horse's mane

……………………..……….. My Gal's A Jockey -- Big Joe Turner

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Swayed1967 ()
Date: September 26, 2019 11:53

Bliss
As I said, Rockman, she isn't a big fan.The RS are just another band to her whose heyday was before her time. To her, Keith had all the physical appeal of Alice Cooper. She said several unflattering things about his looks which I won't repeat here. I can hardly ask her to come here to defend her story to diehard fans who will undoubtedly trash her.

So she specifically mentioned Alice Cooper? Earlier you said Ozzy Osbourne and Meatloaf. Which one was it? All three. Two out of three? (Actually Meatloaf ain’t bad unless obesity is a turn-off.) You see, this is why I’d like to hear her describe the time Keith mistook her for a groupie in her own words.

And she wouldn’t be ‘defending’ her story she’d merely be telling it. Make it happen, Bliss! It’s not necessary for her to join IORR – she can send you her account of the incident by email and you can post it here. I think it might be amusing…

Bliss

What has credibility is the account from the groupie forum.

The groupie forum has credibility? Are you the tiniest bit serious? It reads like a trashier version of the National Enquirer or other such gossip rags.

Posted by: Swayed1967 ()
Date: September 26, 2019 11:56

Rockman
I WANT PROOF!!

I think this pic should be included in a sticky regarding the proper way to greet fellow IORRians.

Date: September 26, 2019 15:09

I enjoy historical re-creations like the above photo with Cindy as Mick and Terry as Susie Davis.

Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: September 26, 2019 16:53

Ok, Sway...no mention was made of the three unattractive rockers I cited...I just used them to illustrate how she saw Keith, who was 25 years older than her at the time, and she was at an age when that mattered.

Groupie Central is not a tabloid, it is a user forum like IORR. The members are experts on their chosen topic, in their case befriending and having sexual r'ships with rock musicians. There are books and films as well. Surely they all can't be lying...

I must say, you're taking this awfully personally. Why is it so important to you that Keith remained sexually faithful to his wife 25 years ago? How do you know they didn't have an open marriage? Patti herself was known to be pretty wild during her modeling days. Whatever! As I said earlier, they seem to have a stable, happy marriage and have done a great job raising their children. They've been together nearly 40 years. Their girls adore them and choose to spend their time with them. Isn't that what counts?

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: September 26, 2019 17:29

I never thought of Keith as a horndog, but it would not be surprising to me in the least to find out if he strayed, either in the context of an open marriage or not.

Now lem seems to think that ALL the Stones are dirtbags...Charlie included? THAT would be surprising.

Posted by: angee ()
Date: September 26, 2019 19:10

deleted

~"Love is Strong"~

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-09-26 19:11 by angee.

Date: September 26, 2019 19:10

I think it's safe to say they've broken all or most of the Ten Commandments numerous times. Whether that makes them scum or simply wealthy, talented people who live a different life than most of the public is up to the individual to decide.

The morality piece of normalizing an idol like Keith Richards so he's "one of us" is part of being an aging fan. When you're young, the outlaw rocker image has rebellious appeal - particularly if you were young in decades past. The same dynamic is at work with gangsta rap or indeed with making folk heroes of real gangsters as occurred during the Roaring 20's and during the Great Depression. That's natural.

Since rock 'n' roll is a relatively young form, we're seeing the first few generations of fans growing old with the performers. Unlike the first wave from the 1950s, many of the second wave from the 1960s maintained their fame and position in the marketplace the same way the Rat Pack had done for the generation ahead of theirs.

This created a new dynamic among many of their fans. If you continue to live and breathe the same music you did as a teen, you really have two basic choices: fall apart with substance abuse and a series of short-lived jobs and relationships relying on public assistance in your ill-advised desire to emulate your heroes without having their talent, good fortune, or minders to support you or grow up and settle down with a family and career path like a responsible adult while holding on to the reminder of your youth via music or some other touchstone of your teen years as an escape valve that allows you to deceive yourself that you never really changed.

This is why it's important the band never stop, remain "boys" though they're nearing 80, and allow us to speak of STEEL WHEELS as if it happened two years ago. The clock stops or else we have to realize the miserable old fart in the mirror is really us and the old men onstage are ancient.

So we normalize them and believe PR speak and sound bites. We call Mick "Brenda" disparagingly. We pretend that somehow his songwriting for the Stones is light years different from his contemporaneous solo work. We believe in bands rather than four incredibly wealthy co-workers who continue to celebrate their collective past. The Legend Continues, the band lives. If the press release said Mick, Keith, Charlie, and Ronnie agreed to pretend to be The Rolling Stones again for the enormous pay day, the dream is dead. Same thing if they cut their hair, stopped dying it, took off the eyeliner, and walked around in public with a cane. They must be superhuman characters so long as they are The Stones.

Part of that is they must survive everything and yet be likable and approachable in our fantasy. That's where the idealization of Keith as the regular guy just like us comes in. That's why a segment of fans find Mick, Keith, and Ronnie speaking out on politics or the environment irreconcilable to their fantasy of them as Just Like Us (Only Superhuman). They are our fantasy mirror. If we're monogamous and responsible than somehow Keith must be because Mick is the womanizer. When Keith messes up a riff, he's attacked and no one says, that's what we get for worshiping a junkie and drunk. They're never that because that is what happens to us. They are our Superhuman reflections. That's why hearing someone call them scum or dirt bag hurts because it suggests something is wrong with us because it's about more than just the music. If it's just the music and nothing more than they're all too mortal and fallible and we have to accept the dream is almost over and the boys or the lads (if Ronnie's talking) won't be doing it again next year.

And no, that doesn't mean 2020. I'm just talking harsh reality and the sort of arrested fantasy life all fans engage in with their idols.

If it didn't exist, you couldn't sell limited edition cloth-bound books of magic marker doodles with the same songs on every page.

Not picking on Ronnie, it's just an easy example of what I'm talking about. It's the same with Dylan's endless Bootleg Series or From the Vaults. We're consumers not just because we're fans, but because the fantasy relationship with our idols must be maintained. The cost to us keeps them wealthy. The benefit for us is the cherished dream that we dread waking from though morning (and mourning) are coming soon for all of us.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2019-09-26 19:15 by Rocky Dijon.

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: September 26, 2019 19:52

Rocky Dijon , very well said and so true !

Date: September 26, 2019 19:57

Thank you kindly.

Posted by: wonderboy ()
Date: September 26, 2019 19:59

I find the reality more interesting than the fantasy.
I am interested and moved by these five men (or six, seven, eight, etc., considering the contributions of others) of different temperments getting together to make incredible music.
I find bands more intersting than individuals, in the same way I find sports teams more interesting than the solitary golfer or tennis player.
In some ways, they didn't 'grow up.' In other ways, they did.
They worked very hard. They generally lived up to their contracts. They got married and raised children. They compromised.
I realize that Keith lives in a different world than me. And while I recognize his faults, I see a lot of things to admire. He's good at leading the band, in that his fellow musicians generally seem to enjoy playing with him. He got caught up in a toxic relationship with Anita, took him forever to move on, but did so and still manages to have a good relationship with his ex. His marriage has lasted a long time. He swallowed his pride, mostly, and has let Mick dictate how the bond operates for 30-plus years, probably because he realizes the band setting is good for him. The ongoing addictions are a problem, unlike Clapton and a few others he hasn't been able to shake them. But I know many regular people with similar historys.
I don't think any of them are scrum or dirtbags, and I find even the term junkie to be unnecessarily derogatory. I don't care for 'Keef' and view that as a character he created to give his real self privacy.
I remember my brother one dismissing Keith's pirate/knife carrying.gutter dwelling image by saying, 'He's really a man who lives in fine houses, reads good books and looks up to his mum.'

Posted by: Anthony80 ()
Date: October 1, 2019 08:18

Maybe I'm only just beginning to really appreciate generational gaps..

I'm not as think as you stoned I am.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: October 1, 2019 09:26

Stoneage
Watched some minutes. A blunt interview in poor English. Her looks saved her. Probably the reason she got the job in the first place. That's the reason Keith gave her 37 minutes I can't blame him...

Ps. Maybe Keith spread the word to Sir Michael? His interview with a Brazilian journalist ended with a child. Ds.

She owned the company which produced the interview and sold the rights of its transmission to a TV station. It was her choice to interview Keith as well as a lot of other musicians, actors and some other famous people (Tom Waits, Aerosmith, Harrison Ford, among many others).

Posted by: Redhotcarpet ()
Date: October 1, 2019 10:45

When youre young you cannot believe their luck. Living a carefree life with money, fame, drugs and girls and how on earth can they just be so talented! And you believe every word they say. As you get older you want them to be human and live boring lives and i think some fans who express concern about their health secretely wish their rock gods just a little bad luck now and then. Maybe some fans like the idea of the tamed rocker with a wife who’s more or less the opposite of Anita Pallenberg.

Goto Page: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1723
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home