Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4
Keith and Patti - bff?
Posted by: Anthony80 ()
Date: September 18, 2019 10:41

Theo surprised me on instagram when she admitted she'd felt like best friends marrying was a myth until her sister exchanged wedding vows recently. Keith and Patti appear as close to being soulmates as I've witnessed. I've read Keef certainly used to write love letters to Patti using his own blood. Maybe I'm reading too much into what Teddy declared?

Re: Keith and Patti - bff?
Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: September 18, 2019 11:00

What a first post. I won't rule it out, but I'd rather not believe Keith wrote with blood. They could also be each others bpd (best possible deal)

Date: September 18, 2019 11:32

On the one hand keith and patty seem a conventional couple. On the other hand Keith has not been a saint. So she allegedly accepted from the first not to be the only one. That is to say they are not so conventional. But they seem, from this point of view, as traditional as George&Mildred...a bit confusing.

Date: September 18, 2019 11:42

Keith has not been a saint, but infidelity is absolutely not his thing.

Date: September 18, 2019 11:56

I guess in english language there may be an equivalent expression. In my country we call "open couples" those who accept having relations outside. If that would be the case there wouldnt exist infidelity. I know we shouldnt care about it...but...It is the busybody, gossip, nosy in me....

Posted by: Plink ()
Date: September 18, 2019 12:15

emotionalbarbecue
On the one hand keith and patty seem a conventional couple. On the other hand Keith has not been a saint. So she allegedly accepted from the first not to be the only one. That is to say they are not so conventional. But they seem, from this point of view, as traditional as George&Mildred...a bit confusing.

Just curious - what is your source?
I've never read or heard anything to suggest that they have an open relationship - and I've read just about everything pertaining to the Stones, incl. Keith & Patti, since the late 70s. As far as I know, there hasn't been a single pic of nor story about Keith stepping out w/ another woman since he & Patti married.

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: September 18, 2019 13:30

I think that Keith and Patti are doing something right in there relationship as they have stood the test of time and that truly is the benchmark or gold standard for longevity in this day and age of anything goes and for this God Bless there Marriage !

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: September 18, 2019 14:37

emotionalbarbecue

Do you have a source for this? Otherwise it's just gossip. The thread is a bit slippery anyway.

Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: September 18, 2019 14:47

I really hate to shatter anyone's illusions...this is a true story.

At the 94 tour of South Africa, my friend, aged about 25 at the time, was in the first few rows. Two staff members up came to her and told her she was invited backstage and Keith Richards wanted to meet her.She went and met Keith and he invited her to a party. SHE ACTUALLY TURNED HIM DOWN.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: September 18, 2019 14:54

….. she touched Keith's amp ?

ROCKMAN

Date: September 18, 2019 14:59

Too bad, Bliss. If that is true. I really thought Keith was a one woman man. Like Charlie.

Date: September 18, 2019 15:08

Rockman

She broke the crust...

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: September 18, 2019 15:19

She married Keith knowing he was a raging alcoholic and coke fiend, and he remained that for 23 years.

I would have found that much harder to deal with than him occasionally fooling around on tour.

Posted by: angee ()
Date: September 18, 2019 19:57

Would all be hard to deal with.

I still Keith is a one-woman kind of man, even if he did invite another woman to a party.

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: steffialicia ()
Date: September 18, 2019 20:03

angee
Would all be hard to deal with.

I still Keith is a one-woman kind of man, even if he did invite another woman to a party.

I agree. Similar situation with McCartney and Linda...never a moments scandal in that marriage either. It can happen if you're both very committed/lucky.

Date: September 18, 2019 20:15

You don't instruct members of your staff to invite a random woman (half your age) in the audience to meet you backstage without intention. (If that story is true...).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-09-18 20:28 by Stoneage.

Date: September 18, 2019 20:38

After the concert, the Stones put on bathrobes and are shuttled back to the hotel. There might be a party there, but they don't hang around backstage to meet people.

Date: September 18, 2019 20:44

Okay, he probably gave her the address to his hotel suit then. Or the address to where the party was held. Does it matter? If...this story is true.

Date: September 18, 2019 21:10

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-07-23 08:09 by Plink.

Date: September 18, 2019 21:10

C'mon now...this is one random anecdote. I'm not calling Bliss a liar, but it's far from conclusive.

Mick is a private man and he couldn't keep his peccadilloes secret. Let's not go overboard with the handwringing here.

Date: September 18, 2019 21:13

<They get out of Dodge ASAP after the last note of Satisfaction>

I would have felt cheated if that happened in 1994/95 winking smiley

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: September 18, 2019 21:15

Rockman
or one of his Tele's

Date: September 18, 2019 21:15

DandelionPowderman

I would have felt cheated if that happened in 1994/95 winking smiley
Even worse in 1997! One song??

Date: September 18, 2019 21:24

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-07-23 08:10 by Plink.

Date: September 18, 2019 21:39

grinning smiley

Posted by: Anthony80 ()
Date: September 18, 2019 22:08

Plink
emotionalbarbecue

Just curious - what is your source?
I've never read or heard anything to suggest that they have an open relationship - and I've read just about everything pertaining to the Stones, incl. Keith & Patti, since the late 70s. As far as I know, there hasn't been a single pic of nor story about Keith stepping out w/ another woman since he & Patti married.

Hey Plink,

Have you read a credible piece about Keith writing letters in his own blood? I don't know which magazine I saw this in. Admittedly, I fell for one about Keef having eyeliner tattoed on as he had become so bored of the amount of time he had to spend in make-up.

Hmm, this could turn out to be a case of:-"I'll get me coat"!

Posted by: CindyC ()
Date: September 18, 2019 22:32

As much as I think Keith adores Patti, I would not be shocked to hear that he has strayed on occasion, but that doesn't necessarily mean he loves her any less.

There's a video interview that I watched in the last year of Keith being interviewed for Main Offender (I believe). The interviewer was a gorgeous woman, Brazilian I think. At one point, Keith says, "you're a very beautiful woman, do you know that". I have never seen him that way.

The way he said it, and looked at her... he was confident and hungry for her. I think he may have tried that day.

Wasn't looking too good, but I was feeling real well.

Posted by: JordyLicks96 ()
Date: September 18, 2019 22:37

Just gonna leave these two quotes here...From "timeisonourside.com"

Patti Hansen Richards: Meeting Keith

"When I first met Keith all I could think was: This is a guy who really needs a friend. I gave him the keys to my apartment after only knowing him two weeks. There was no sexual thing going on. I knew he just needed a secret place where he could get far away from the madding crowd. It wasn't love at first sight, though it feels like that now. It just sort of mutually grew. But he is the most romantic man."

Patti Hansen Richards: New Year's Eve 1979

"I remember New Year's Eve '79 going into '80. I came back from Staten Island in my brother's Oldsmobile because I knew somehow I was going to see him. I just knew it. When I got to my apartment, there he was sitting on my stairs, waiting for me. Keith and I have never been apart on a New Year's Eve since."

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: September 18, 2019 22:38

In LIFE, Patti writes that Keith used to send her love letters with drawings in blood. Not quite the same thing as writing letters in blood. This was at the very start of their relationship during the endless mixing sessions for EMOTIONAL RESCUE.

As for the fidelity issue, does it matter? Unless fans are engaging in projection, how does it impact anything? There has been gossip that both have strayed over the years.

The thing with being famous is people literally throw themselves at you and want to please you. Life on the road as a famous celebrity only adds to the likelihood of straying. The other side of the coin is if a celebrity associates with the opposite sex (or even the same sex), speculation will be rife you're sleeping with the person.

Anyone could make up stories that Keith slept with Etta James, Sarah Dash, Patti Scialfa, Sheryl Crow, Lauren Bacall, and Norah Jones. Is there any proof? Well, he worked with them, had dinner with them, shared a taxi with them. Is that proof? No. Even Mick still has to deal with crap like that.

That's the other side of projection, both are based in vicarious fantasy whether the celebrity is painted a saint or a sinner.

As for the remark made by his daughter, how many kids would say the same never once thinking of their parents who are old and have been together quite literally all of their lives, but instead referring only to their peer group who, statistically speaking, are less likely to marry or be monogamous.

I know, it kinda takes the fun out of it to look at it that way.

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: September 18, 2019 22:49

Interesting that Bill has never, as far as I am aware, had any of his former 'girl friends'/one night stands indulge in tabloid tell tales.
His first wife Diana and long term girl friend Astrid have been silent. Wife no 2 Mandy had a ghost written book published shortly after their divorce but has been pretty silent on the matter since.
Now it seems unlikely that 1,000 (or is it 3,000 ?) have signed Non disclosure /Confidentiality agreements.
Anyway, I don't believe Randy Newman when he sings its 'Lonely at the top'!

Goto Page: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1966
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home