Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Kenney Jones ,Ronnie Wood & Rod Stewart charity gig , Sept 14th
Posted by: Lien ()
Date: September 11, 2019 00:17

The three remaining Faces are reuniting to raise money for Prostate Cancer Awareness Charity

On September 14th - 'An Evening with Kenney Jones & Friends' Charity Ball will be held at the prestigious Wentworth Club. A star filled night with Kenney Jones, Sir Rod Stewart and Ronnie Wood Raising funds for the Prostate Project and European Tour Foundation

[www.rodstewartfanclub.com]

Re: Kenney Jones ,Ronnie Wood & Rod Stewart charity gig , Sept 14th
Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: September 11, 2019 00:38

A mere £750 a seat... I hope they raise plenty of dosh for the Prostate Cancer charity, but that's out of my league.

Posted by: caschimann ()
Date: September 11, 2019 07:14

Green Lady
A mere £750 a seat... I hope they raise plenty of dosh for the Prostate Cancer charity, but that's out of my league.

But GL, you are ion that league cause you are in the Stones League.

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: September 11, 2019 09:17

caschimann
Green Lady

But GL, you are ion that league cause you are in the Stones League.

If being in the Stones league means being always willing to spend whatever it takes to attend anything Stones-related, then no, I'm not in it. I'd hand in my True Fan's card if I'd ever had one.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: September 11, 2019 19:50

Makes me think of a Lennon quote: “For those of you in the cheap seats I'd like ya to clap your hands to this one; the rest of you can just rattle your jewelry!"

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: September 11, 2019 20:39

I know the Wentworth club very well I do some work for them several times a year and was there for a few days just last week.It is one of the worlds top golf courses with extremely expensive real estate also on the grounds.
Membership of the golf club is a one off fee of one hundred thousand pounds and then an annual fee of sixteen thousand so for the kind of people who frequent this place £750 is pocket change.

Nate

Posted by: CBII ()
Date: September 11, 2019 20:52

Lien
The three remaining Faces are reuniting to raise money for Prostate Cancer Awareness Charity

On September 14th - 'An Evening with Kenney Jones & Friends' Charity Ball will be held at the prestigious Wentworth Club. A star filled night with Kenney Jones, Sir Rod Stewart and Ronnie Wood Raising funds for the Prostate Project and European Tour Foundation

How cool, I wish I'd known about it sooner.

[www.rodstewartfanclub.com]

CBII

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: September 11, 2019 20:53

I miss the option 'I am unable to the ticket price but would like to attend the show' sad smiley

Re: Kenney Jones, Ronnie Wood & Rod Stewart charity gig , Sept 14th
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: September 15, 2019 23:35

Photo and video clips from Sally Wood:

Fabulous night for @theprostateproject ~ Mega #Faces reunion with @sirrodstewart @ronniewood @kenneyjonesdrums ~ big love to @penny.lancaster & #JayneJones too
Loads of money raised for an amazing cause so close to everyone xx

[www.instagram.com]

Videos:

[www.instagram.com]

[www.instagram.com]

[www.instagram.com]

[www.instagram.com]

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: September 16, 2019 00:02

Since the proceeds are being donated to charity, I see nothing wrong with the high ticket prices.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: September 16, 2019 00:22

GREAT SHOT ………… and Ronnie looks the healthiest …..

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: September 16, 2019 01:15

Thanks to bye bye johnny (as always) for the pic and clips.

These are such classic songs. Takes me and some other usual suspects on here back to the time we saw them in 2015 at Kenney Jones's polo club, with Rod Stewart singing with them for the first time in decades (instead of Mick Hucknall, who in fact made the most fantastic job of it).

Date: September 16, 2019 10:41

The 74-year-old pop legend told how he was diagnosed with the disease in February 2016 during a routine checkup and secretly fought it for three years.

Sir Rod opened up about his prostate cancer during a fundraising evening with former Faces bandmates Kenney Jones and Ronnie Wood.

Sir Rod, famed for his sense of humour, even cracked a joke about going public.

He said he warned wife Penny Lancaster he was going to use the evening to “come out”.
The singer said: “No, it’s not what you think. Two years ago I was ­diagnosed with prostate cancer.”

Ronnie, who has battled lung cancer, put his hand on his pal’s shoulder as the audience of 500 reacted in shock.

Sir Rod added: “No one knows this, but I thought this was about time I told everybody. I’m in the clear, now, simply because I caught it early. I have so many tests.”

Addressing men, he pleaded: “Guys, you’ve got to really go to the doctor.”

And he had the crowd in stitches when he said: “Finger up the bum, no harm done.”
[www.msn.com]

Video of Rod's coming out ; [www.prostate-project.org.uk]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-09-16 22:33 by Lien.

Posted by: ukcal ()
Date: September 16, 2019 10:58

i cant load the videos Who is on Bass and keyboards...Bill used to stand in but I think he has retired without telling anyone

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: September 16, 2019 13:43

swimtothemoon
Since the proceeds are being donated to charity, I see nothing wrong with the high ticket prices.

Quite so ... in fact they should have charged the few privileged buggers who attended 7 thousand rather than 7 hundred !

Either that or make even more money by playing a much bigger venue.. with ticket prices that "ordinary fans" can afford .

Date: September 16, 2019 22:22

Sweet little R & R

[www.instagram.com]

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: September 16, 2019 23:16

Not a big fan of Rod since The Faces days ,and his solo stuff does not live up to those songs and that band (in my opinion).
He could have performed in The Faces (without Ronnie Lane I know), a long time ago but chose not to, I guess. That is a big shame.
However, getting these people to pay a lot of money to charity ,to see this band with four cancer survivors perform is great to see from him and the band.
I would like to think that at some time this year we may have another gig with this same band in a larger theatre venue at reasonable prices for us all. smiling smiley

Video is now on youtube. thumbs up

[youtu.be]

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: September 17, 2019 00:08

It appears that Rod's latest album was recorded mainly on tour. He wanted a change from 'spending long hours in a studio'.
Could you imagine The Stones ever doing that now?

Re: Kenney Jones, Ronnie Wood & Rod Stewart charity gig , Sept 14th
Posted by: triceratops ()
Date: September 17, 2019 05:25

bye bye johnny
Photo and video clips from Sally Wood:

[www.instagram.com]

Videos:

[www.instagram.com]

[www.instagram.com]

[www.instagram.com]

[www.instagram.com]

Love them video clips....Thanks!

Posted by: triceratops ()
Date: September 17, 2019 05:36

Rockman
GREAT SHOT ………… and Ronnie looks the healthiest …..

The real iron man of the Stones is Ronnie. He has amazing genes. Look how tremendously he bounced back from his alcohol phase of what? Seven years ago? When he was running around with that 22 yr old Russian waitress and making an ass of himself. Then he gets a cancer carved out of his lung. No big deal for him, he refused radiation and had it cut out instead. So no ciggies and no alcohol for him these days/ Sally should get 60% or more credit.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-09-17 05:44 by triceratops.

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: September 17, 2019 19:25

Excellent cause.
I wonder if Bill (another prostate cancer survivor) will lend his support?
Would be great to see him on stage even if only for a couple of songs.
As long as he doesnt sing 'Je Suis...'though.

Date: September 22, 2019 12:59

Sweet Little Rock 'n Roller [youtu.be]

Date: September 22, 2019 15:32

And kind of "FACES" reunion, at this late date, has been ruined for me, by Rod's attitude back when there was a chance of it actually being for real.
In addition, Rod's output has been strikingly bad for the last...many years. That whole American Songbook crap might have have chopped of his balls. Because I really wanted to support his last few original albums. The ones that were all about "Rod is writing again" etc. But they are embarrassing. Awful.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2013
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home