Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Rain Fall Down mystery guitar
Posted by: stuart ()
Date: October 17, 2005 02:44

First of all a snippet from Ed Beaver's review of the Atlanta concert last night.

"Rain Fall Down" was great and funky. Kind of "Miss You" touch to it. The singing guitar riff running through the song looked like it was coming from Mick's guitar but some times it was being played even if Mick did not play the guitar. There were three other guitars on stage including Blondie but I don't think any of them were doing it. A mystery I will soon find out next time they play it.

I don't know Ed but during "Rain Fall Down" i too was trying to determine who was playing the riff. It did appear at first to be Mick but then as he watched him it looked to me that Mick was not playing it. I looked at Ronnie, Keith and also Blondie and though i could VERY WELL be wrong it did not appear to me that any of them were playing it. Again I could be totally wrong but I experienced the same thing as Ed, I could not determine who was playing that part. Maybe one of the aforementioned were but it did not appear that way to me. I'm curious if anyone knows. Thanks in advance for any info.

Stuart

Re: Rain Fall Down mystery guitar
Posted by: stonestom ()
Date: October 17, 2005 03:07

I dont know but I have from my buddy who has to been to shows that he thinks there is someone under the stage harmonizing and maybe he played that part. I for one find that @#$%& ridiculous the stones dont do that stuff. I would be happy to learn the answer. Tom

Posted by: Jazzman5 ()
Date: October 17, 2005 03:16

They certainly don't need to be considering loops for this song, like the intros to Sympathy...It would only take one technical screwup for Charlie to get pissed and drop that!

Posted by: backstreetboy ()
Date: October 17, 2005 03:22

someone under the stage,come on,do you really believe that crap.

john scialfa

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: October 17, 2005 11:03

backstreetboy Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> someone under the stage,come on,do you really
> believe that crap.
>
> john scialfa

My words exactly.

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: rknuth ()
Date: October 17, 2005 12:24

Just look at the setlist. For the very first songs (no backing vocals on stage) the setlist says "bv off stage"!!!
And it's an open secret that Pierre even sometimes overdubs for Keith, wrote a song for Keith (BTB, remember when he was alowed to play with them on stage at MSG 98). So he also might play guitar in the backline!

Date: October 17, 2005 12:32

Come on - why? A 3 year old can play that one note-riff! There's no reason, but if it's certain that none of the three guitars do not play it, there's only one option; loops.

Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: October 17, 2005 12:37

Pierre played keyboards on Thief In The Night.
Blondie plays guitar on Rain Fall Down.
There's no mystery musician under the stage.

Posted by: Milo Yammbag ()
Date: October 17, 2005 16:27

This thread is nonsense. I have no intent to insult any of the posters, but if the band did not want people to know that other people were playing on some live songs you would NOT see Blondie with a guitar ON STAGE.

Nonsense. Conversely.....so many people here have bashed KR & RW for supposedly being unable to play anymore and were unhappy with what they were hearing, if there were "ghost" players.......wouldn't KR and RW sound great all the time?

Nonsense.

Milo NYC
Boy your nails were sharp

Posted by: nmaillot ()
Date: October 17, 2005 16:47

So if blondie plays the main rythm guitar.
What KR, RW, and MJ do on stage with their guitar? Posing maybe?

If it's true that's a shame.

Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: October 17, 2005 16:49

Listen to the Philadelphia boot!

Posted by: stonestom ()
Date: October 17, 2005 20:15

Still havent heard from bv or stonesdoug...somebody who knows for sure, whether there is someone down there. Come on people. Lets get some facts not assupmtion. Again like most people my assumption is that they dont have anybody down there but it seems like rain fall down has some people in confusion. Tom

Posted by: CSD ()
Date: October 17, 2005 22:24

After listening to the Philly show, I think the guitar is a loop. The sound is too close to the recorded version for it not to be IMO.

Posted by: T&A ()
Date: October 17, 2005 22:36

from the philly video that was circulating, it sure didn't appear as those any our three heroes was playing the part...loop is in contention, I'd say

Posted by: Leonard Keringer ()
Date: October 17, 2005 22:41

there's a midget inside of Charlie's kick-drum....his mini-guitar is plugged into a 20 watt amp with one 2" speaker.....i know this for a fact

Posted by: stuart ()
Date: October 17, 2005 22:52

"there's a midget inside of Charlie's kick-drum....his mini-guitar is plugged into a 20 watt amp with one 2" speaker.....i know this for a fact"

hahaaaaaaaa. I knew it I knew it I knew it!!!!!
Stuart

Posted by: Leonard Keringer ()
Date: October 17, 2005 22:53

the cat's outta the bag!!

Posted by: mickijaggeroo ()
Date: October 17, 2005 22:58

Leonard Keringer Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> the cat's outta the bag!!
Yeah, and look what the cat dragged in!

Vilhelm
Nordic Stones Vikings

Posted by: uz2bstoned ()
Date: October 17, 2005 23:59

Sad post about a sad song. My question is... What in the hell is left to play in this song without the 2 note riff jagger looped on a computer. truely a low point in stones onstage.

Posted by: Ket ()
Date: October 18, 2005 01:24

I bet it was Blondie, I doubt they would loop it, no need too with a third guitarist. and as said before it is so simple ??? I have no proof but it just makes no sense to me.

Posted by: Markdog ()
Date: October 18, 2005 01:42

Mick: Ronnie will you play the RFD riff I wrote once the song gets going so I can work some sexy moves without having to concentrate on guitar?

Ronnie: I would, but you've been jabbing me all tour with you introductions... and besides I'm throwing in a surprise lead on it.......

Mick: Keith will you play the RFD riff for me?

Keith: I've got my own action on that one, get Ronnie to do it....

Mick: I asked Ronnie and he said no!

Keith: I've got it will get Blondie to do it.

Keith: Blondie you're playing the RFD riff or your off the tour.

Blondie: Done.

Blondie: Charlie where do we keep that old loop machine?

Posted by: Jazzman5 ()
Date: October 18, 2005 02:06

Where was that article from, Guitar Hero magazine? Nice job smiling smiley

Posted by: Whale ()
Date: October 18, 2005 08:36

According to the new review, it's a loop made out of Wood.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2229
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home