Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Alexandra Richards gets married
Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: September 10, 2019 19:00

Javadave
Congratulations to all.

The "A" (along with her sister Theodora) in "Little T & A". How fast they grow up.

Is this correct? The song is older than the girls, no?

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: September 10, 2019 19:16

Rokyfan
Javadave
Congratulations to all.

The "A" (along with her sister Theodora) in "Little T & A". How fast they grow up.

Song is from 81, the girls 85/86

Posted by: Javadave ()
Date: September 10, 2019 19:34

Ah, my bad. I recall hearing that it was his daughter's favorite song.

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: September 13, 2019 00:11

Bashlets
Congrats to couple. I’m actually shocked that Charlie was there. The tour ended a week ago and I would have thought he’d fly home immediately.

I wonder if Shirley Watts was there?

Date: September 13, 2019 00:47

I´m late then....

you did not give me a chance Alexandra...

Posted by: buttons67 ()
Date: September 13, 2019 02:05

mick was invited, but only to the evening buffet.

so he declined.

sausage rolls and chicken wings didnt appeal.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: September 13, 2019 02:08

Bourbon marinated chicken wings too ….

ROCKMAN

Posted by: rogerriffin ()
Date: September 13, 2019 18:34

mtaylor
Rokyfan
Javadave
Congratulations to all.

In the LIFE book, he said his childred were Little T & A without thinking on it.

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: September 14, 2019 11:00

rogerriffin
mtaylor
Rokyfan
Javadave
Congratulations to all.

In the LIFE book, he said his childred were Little T & A without thinking on it.

Once the girls came along, then they became Little T & A - but the song existed first. An interesting question is whether the names were chosen to fit the song?

Posted by: chatoyancy ()
Date: September 15, 2019 06:58

Alexandra sent him an invitation and he politely declined He was scheduled for film promotions.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-09-15 07:53 by chatoyancy.

Posted by: chatoyancy ()
Date: September 15, 2019 07:38

My initials were L.T A. They recorded the song a few months after I was at his house. Other songs too. I've always assumed it was secretly about me because I'd told him it was time for me to return to California, to UC Berkeley, which he associated with feminists who years before protested their Black and Blue album on billboards.I thought that by putting my initials in a T&A song he'd think he'd rile me up so much I'd return to NY and say something like,"How dare you?!" which is kind of what happened.

At his house the first time were characters that could be in the song. Anita was yelling at Keith. I don't blame her, she heard him tell me they were sort of separated. Fred introduced himself by saying, "I've been in the cocaine business 20 years!" Keith got mad and told Freddy I wasn't interested in cocaine. Then we all went back to listening to Elvis Presley's Sun Sessions.

Date: September 15, 2019 10:12

Very interesting, chatoyancy thumbs up

BTW, do you know why the song was nicknamed "Bulldog" in 1979, before the lyrics were fully developed?

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: September 16, 2019 15:00

chatoyancy
Fred introduced himself by saying, "I've been in the cocaine business 20 years!" Keith got mad and told Freddy I wasn't interested in cocaine.

I would have guessed Spanish Tony or even Cathy Smith for "the dealer's squealing" rather than Freddie. I honestly thought it was a reference to UP AND DOWN WITH THE ROLLING STONES. If Cathy has a Keith song, it's "Robbed Blind."

Just educated guesses, of course. I wasn't there.

Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: September 18, 2019 14:43

chatoyancy
My initials were L.T A. They recorded the song a few months after I was at his house. Other songs too. I've always assumed it was secretly about me because I'd told him it was time for me to return to California, to UC Berkeley, which he associated with feminists who years before protested their Black and Blue album on billboards.I thought that by putting my initials in a T&A song he'd think he'd rile me up so much I'd return to NY and say something like,"How dare you?!" which is kind of what happened.

At his house the first time were characters that could be in the song. Anita was yelling at Keith. I don't blame her, she heard him tell me they were sort of separated. Fred introduced himself by saying, "I've been in the cocaine business 20 years!" Keith got mad and told Freddy I wasn't interested in cocaine. Then we all went back to listening to Elvis Presley's Sun Sessions.

Chatoyancy, your posts are amazing. Do you have any pics from all these years of hanging out with the Stones? We'd love to see!

Posted by: tumbled ()
Date: September 18, 2019 16:22

What a beautiful photo:

Beautiful !

Posted by: CindyC ()
Date: September 18, 2019 22:40

tumbled
What a beautiful photo:

Beautiful !

She looked beautiful and so happy! She looks exactly like her mother in the pic where they are walking together down the aisle after the ceremony.

Wasn't looking too good, but I was feeling real well.

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: September 19, 2019 15:13

Agreed. I thought she was the spitting image of her Mom on her wedding day in 1983.

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: September 19, 2019 23:02

chatoyancy

Yeah, and you were also present when they wrote Start Me Up eye popping smiley [iorr.org]

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: September 20, 2019 00:47

…. I wanna know who was sittin'
across the room when Mick penned CS Blues …...

ROCKMAN

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2174
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home