Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Alexandra Richards gets married
Posted by: EJM ()
Date: September 9, 2019 13:45

Sounds as if it was a wonderful traditional wedding ( complete with Charlie and Ronnie and numerous extended family ) - what a lovely finale to the tour

Re: Alexandra Richards gets married
Posted by: dead.flowers ()
Date: September 9, 2019 14:34

[pagesix.com]

Keith Richards throws wild party for daughter Alexandra’s wedding

pagesix.com September 8, 2019 | 8:58pm

Keith Richards threw a wild bash this weekend as his daughter Alexandra tied the knot with Jacques Naude, Page Six has learned.
The Rolling Stones’ legendary, hard-partying, now sober guitarist and his wife, supermodel Patti Hansen, hired out lush Lachat Town Farm in Weston, Connecticut, on Saturday.
His fellow Stones Ronnie Wood and Charlie Watts were there to celebrate — although Mick Jagger wasn’t in attendance.
Model Alexandra posted a photo of her intricate lace gown on her Instagram account on Sunday, writing: “#AboutLastNight.Over the moon to announce I’m a Mrs today! #Sundaylove.”
She then posted a photo of Marilyn Monroe in a wedding dress and veil, writing: “#Mood #SundayLove.”
We’re told that golf carts shuttled guests, including Alexandra’s older sister Theodora, from Richards’ nearby home to the farm, where a large white marquee stood surrounded by fairy lights.
A source told Page Six: “Guests walked or took golf carts from Keith’s home where the wedding party kicked things off with loud music.”
Wood and his wife Sally Humphreys stayed at Spanx founder Sarah Blakely’s lake house in New Fairfield, Connecticut, while his daughter Leah Wood stayed at Jemima Kirke’s family home in Waccabuc, New York. Kirke’s dad is British rock drummer Simon Kirke, of Free and Bad Company.
Guests dined on lamb, and cheers were heard after speeches and toasts, according to local blog 06880.
Alexandra and filmmaker and visual artist Jacques got engaged in the Caribbean in January, as Page Six reported.
She was brought up in Connecticut and regularly escaped to the country with Naude.
She told us: “I loved growing up there. A lot of people think I was raised in LA, but I’m like, ‘Noooo. I’m a Northeastern kinda chick.’ We had this little house in the woods, and we were so disconnected from the hustle and bustle. Although I didn’t know what that meant until we were obviously a lot older. Now I’m running home every weekend to my parents, like, ‘We’ll cook for you!’ It’s cozy. I’m a family girl.”
The couple have been dating for over two years.
They were first photographed together in February 2017 at the Whitney Museum.
Naude’s first short film, “Overberg,” shot on his grandfather’s farm in South Africa, premiered at Anthology Film Archives in 2016.
Alexandra earlier this year told The Post about her upcoming nuptials, “In the beginning, I wanted to savor that engagement bubble … But since I’m back home and bumping into friends, that little girl in me is so excited, like, ‘I’m engaged!’ ”
And mom and dad approve: “She said yes!” Patti posted. “Mom and dad love Jacques and we could not be happier for our Alexandra.”

Date: September 9, 2019 14:41

"His fellow Stones Ronnie Wood and Charlie Watts were there to celebrate — although Mick Jagger wasn’t in attendance."

Looks like - apart from working together on stage - that there are no social contacts between the Glimmers. Sad. But so is life.

d.f

PS: So much to the recent thread "Mick & Keith more and more friends again?"

[iorr.org]

Date: September 9, 2019 14:43

But Mick had prior commitment in Venice - not sure he likes weddings anyway !

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: September 9, 2019 14:43

Congratulations to the bride and groom. May their love endure the way her parents has.

Date: September 9, 2019 15:03

EJM
But Mick had prior commitment in Venice - not sure he likes weddings anyway !

I see.

d.f

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: September 9, 2019 16:19

dead.flowers
"His fellow Stones Ronnie Wood and Charlie Watts were there to celebrate — although Mick Jagger wasn’t in attendance."

Looks like - apart from working together on stage - that there are no social contacts between the Glimmers. Sad. But so is life.

d.f

PS: So much to the recent thread "Mick & Keith more and more friends again?"

[iorr.org]
Look, they're cordial business partners now, but they're never going to be best buddies who hang out again. Let's leave well enough alone...their relationship is probably as good as it's ever going to be right now.

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: September 9, 2019 18:50

cant imagine how it would be to have Keith as a father-in-law..cool smiley

but congrats to the newlyweds!

Posted by: ukcal ()
Date: September 9, 2019 19:02

what!! no don was, Matt and chuck..bet steve jordan was in town...hopefully it was the bride and grooms guests not Mum and dad settling old scores as is normal...all star jam to end the evening?

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: September 9, 2019 23:07

Mick didnot attend as he does not like cigarette smoke.... smileys with beer

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: September 10, 2019 01:04

Conrats to Alex and Jacques ……

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: September 10, 2019 01:07

Congrats to the newlyweds.
Hats off the Charlie and Ronnie for attending.
A shame Mick didn't show up.

Posted by: Ruediger ()
Date: September 10, 2019 01:11

I think that this was not the reason why Mick did not attend.
The reall reason was that in this case he would not be in the center of the attention like he was in Venice, but only under "... also we could see...", something he does not like...

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: September 10, 2019 01:13

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-09-10 01:48 by Koen.

Posted by: harlem shuffle ()
Date: September 10, 2019 02:22

Ruediger
I think that this was not the reason why Mick did not attend.
The reall reason was that in this case he would not be in the center of the attention like he was in Venice, but only under "... also we could see...", something he does not like...
Maybee he wasn,t invited at all

Posted by: StonedAsiaExile ()
Date: September 10, 2019 03:47

Congrats!

Posted by: Bashlets ()
Date: September 10, 2019 03:55

Congrats to couple. I’m actually shocked that Charlie was there. The tour ended a week ago and I would have thought he’d fly home immediately.

Posted by: tomcasagranda ()
Date: September 10, 2019 10:31

There's lots of people that don't like weddings. Maybe, Mick doesn't. I know I don't, and would rather have root canal than attend a wedding.

Date: September 10, 2019 13:01

tomcasagranda
There's lots of people that don't like weddings. Maybe, Mick doesn't. I know I don't, and would rather have root canal than attend a wedding.

Lot of unanswered questions.

Was he not invited at all? Good point.

Had he rather preferred the red carpet and spot lights of Venice to being one attendant among many others at a big wedding party?

d.f

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: September 10, 2019 13:22

Congrats

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: September 10, 2019 13:53

Therr aren't really any unanswered questions. They do not socialize. They have not for many years, down to after tour parties arrended by only the three. Micks life does not include going to Keith's family event, which you can hardly blame him for given all keith has said about Mick.

Date: September 10, 2019 13:59

It’s really none of our business- work is work and private life is private life but it’s jolly hard not to be curious !
So I wonder if any of the Jagger clan there ? I do hope so.

Date: September 10, 2019 14:05

dead.flowers
tomcasagranda

Had he rather preferred the red carpet and spot lights of Venice to being one attendant among many others at a big wedding party?

d.f

I'm pretty sure Keith invited his best man to the wedding smiling smiley

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: September 10, 2019 15:03

Mick gets nervous around confetti …. simple as that

ROCKMAN

Posted by: strat72 ()
Date: September 10, 2019 17:07

Firstly, congrats to the happy couple.

Secondly, the fact that Jagger was not there is hardly a surprise. You can't expect Mick n Keef to stay as best friends after everything that Keith has said and done.

However, as long as they are able to work together, all is good for Stones fans.

Posted by: angee ()
Date: September 10, 2019 17:59

Since Mick had another commitment, I wonder if he might have sent a gift? Just a thought...cool smiley

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: harlem shuffle ()
Date: September 10, 2019 18:08

DandelionPowderman
dead.flowers
tomcasagranda

d.f
Mick Keith,s best man?When?1974?

Date: September 10, 2019 18:19

harlem shuffle
DandelionPowderman
dead.flowers
tomcasagranda

d.f
Mick Keith,s best man?When?1974?

The one and only time Keith got married.

Posted by: Javadave ()
Date: September 10, 2019 18:21

Congratulations to all.

The "A" (along with her sister Theodora) in "Little T & A". How fast they grow up.

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: September 10, 2019 18:35

angee
Since Mick had another commitment, I wonder if he might have sent a gift? Just a thought...cool smiley

Maybe a tiny-todger sculpture to the couple.smileys with beer

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1738
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home