Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345678910Next
Current Page: 6 of 10
Re: Ronnie Wood Live At Shepherds Bush Empire November 21
Posted by: Ronnierocks ()
Date: September 14, 2019 15:22

There is no seating in the stalls standing area.
Only a couple of places either side of the bar for wheelchairs and careers.
There are three levels of seating...with Level 1 having the best view.

Posted by: exhpart ()
Date: September 14, 2019 15:59

I'm sure many of us know the venue. Stalls standing is great but if you can't/don't want to then level 1 is fine. Get there early as it's unreserved seating

Posted by: steffiestones ()
Date: September 15, 2019 10:22

No second concert coming up

Posted by: JumpinJeppeFlash ()
Date: September 15, 2019 10:57

steffiestones

"One Night Only".

Posted by: peoplewitheyes ()
Date: September 15, 2019 11:24

Should I bite the golden bullet and get a pair of tix at Stubhub for 80sih quid? Is there some other strategy I should pursue? I have set up an alert on Twickets.

Posted by: flairville ()
Date: September 15, 2019 11:45

peoplewitheyes
Should I bite the golden bullet and get a pair of tix at Stubhub for 80sih quid? Is there some other strategy I should pursue? I have set up an alert on Twickets.

I’d give it a while yet and keep an eye on the Trading section on here.

Date: September 15, 2019 12:02

thanks Flairville
thumbs up

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: September 15, 2019 14:42

JumpinJeppeFlash
steffiestones

"One Night Only".

well, maybe they are surprises that it sold out so quickly. At least I was surprised. IT was so much easier to get tickets for the show at the much small Ambassadors in 2010 (altough I didn't go). And in those days the Stones were far away from touring

Posted by: Lien ()
Date: September 15, 2019 15:09

JumpinJeppeFlash
steffiestones

"One Night Only".

At the Ambassadors Ronnie did two gigs at "one night " ... winking smiley

Posted by: JumpinJeppeFlash ()
Date: September 15, 2019 15:14

Lien
JumpinJeppeFlash
steffiestones

"One Night Only".

At the Ambassadors Ronnie did two gigs at "one night " ... winking smiley

Yes i know that since i attended both gigs.

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: September 15, 2019 17:14

flairville
peoplewitheyes

I’d give it a while yet and keep an eye on the Trading section on here.

Yep. I'll buy on the Day or close to. I invariably do for gigs in London nowadays. Are you going to this one?

Tix now going for £75 on viagogo. That will fall as showday approaches. While at 2,000 capacity the venue is small, it's not tiny. There will always be ticket holders who suddenly can't go at the last minute.

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: September 15, 2019 17:23

Rockman
bet he rides a psychedelic camel ….

.... w/Mushrooms it could get ugly!

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: September 16, 2019 01:06

…. A camel on mushrooms ….. what a thought... the mind boggles ….

ROCKMAN

Date: September 16, 2019 01:39

Thanks, grzegorz67.

I'll probably be in London at this time, so I'd definitely like to go. I shall keep an eye on all the channels, including (obviously) here, and send out some optimistic vibes..

Posted by: satisfaction2 ()
Date: September 18, 2019 18:35

Are there concert posters for this gig to see in London?

Posted by: bisonvodka ()
Date: September 19, 2019 09:56

satisfaction2
Are there concert posters for this gig to see in London?
Last days I spent in London and my hotel was located near Shepard Bush Empire. So a few times I passed beside the building and there was no sign of upcoming Ronnie's show.

Posted by: flairville ()
Date: September 19, 2019 10:21

No need to advertise a show that sold out within minutes.

Posted by: bisonvodka ()
Date: September 19, 2019 10:31

flairville
This is ecactely what I thought winking smiley

Posted by: satisfaction2 ()
Date: September 19, 2019 11:32

bisonvodka
flairville
This is ecactely what I thought winking smiley

It's always marketing. For example example "Kraftwerk" was sold out in a few minutes but after the sale there were many concert posters to see in Düsseldorf.
The posters got a "sold out" sign a few days later. One of this Kraftwerk concert poster is hanging in my rooms.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-09-19 17:34 by satisfaction2.

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: September 19, 2019 14:35

Rockman
…. A camel on mushrooms ….. what a thought... the mind boggles ….

Posted by: Sici ()
Date: September 23, 2019 14:55

Someone have received the ticket?

Posted by: AshtrayGirl ()
Date: September 23, 2019 14:59

Sici

Not yet sad smiley
We have to be patient with the UK vendors. As far as I know, we should expect them 2 weeks before the event sad smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-09-23 15:00 by AshtrayGirl.

Date: September 23, 2019 15:17

AshtrayGirl
Sici

Not yet sad smiley
We have to be patient with the UK vendors. As far as I know, we should expect them 2 weeks before the event sad smiley

You do indeed. I saw 2 concerts in Poland last year - the Stones in Wawa and Paul McCartney in Krakow. I'm fairly sure it was eventim.pl both times. IIRC bought both in presales and my ticket was sent to the UK promptly both times, months before the event thumbs up.

Stones in Hyde Park 2013 Show 1 was the biggest ticket screw up ever. I only live 80 miles from London and collected mine at 930pm the night before the show and ended up waiting all night outside the park along with several others. It was a laugh though grinning smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-09-23 15:19 by grzegorz67.

Date: September 23, 2019 15:27

grzegorz67
AshtrayGirl
Sici

Not yet sad smiley

You do indeed. I saw 2 concerts in Poland last year - the Stones in Wawa and Paul McCartney in Krakow. I'm fairly sure it was eventim.pl both times. IIRC bought both in presales and my ticket was sent to the UK promptly both times, months before the event thumbs up.

Stones in Hyde Park 2013 Show 1 was the biggest ticket screw up ever. I only live 80 miles from London and collected mine at 930pm the night before the show and ended up waiting all night outside the park along with several others. It was a laugh though grinning smiley

Wow, I didn't have a problem with Hyde Park 2013... however, tix from ticketmaster UK is an experience from hell! AXS just sent me my mobile ticket for Ghost. I always suffer from severe panic attacks when I have to wait for tickets for gigs in the UK. Why do they have everything so complicated and why do they send tickets literally last minute. Eventim is amazing, I have never had any problems, the same with other foreign ticketmaster service.

Let's keep our fingers crossed that everything will be sent on time.

Date: September 23, 2019 15:42

AshtrayGirl
grzegorz67
AshtrayGirl
Sici

Not yet sad smiley

Wow, I didn't have a problem with Hyde Park 2013... however, tix from ticketmaster UK is an experience from hell! AXS just sent me my mobile ticket for Ghost. I always suffer from severe panic attacks when I have to wait for tickets for gigs in the UK. Why do they have everything so complicated and why do they send tickets literally last minute. Eventim is amazing, I have never had any problems, the same with other foreign ticketmaster service.

I had no probs with Hyde Park 2 either. We spoke on here before and that's the show I met you and your mum at while waiting to get in. I remember it well because next thing I saw was you in the front row and on the big screen!. HP1 was the problem show - shambles. I have no ticket for this show as yet but I'll nab a last gasp spare - any section. Getting to London at short notice is easy for me thumbs up.

Date: September 23, 2019 16:11

grzegorz67
AshtrayGirl
grzegorz67
AshtrayGirl
Sici

Not yet sad smiley

I had no probs with Hyde Park 2 either. We spoke on here before and that's the show I met you and your mum at while waiting to get in. I remember it well because next thing I saw was you in the front row and on the big screen!. HP1 was the problem show - shambles. I have no ticket for this show as yet but I'll nab a last gasp spare - any section. Getting to London at short notice is easy for me thumbs up.

Yes, on "Street Fighting Man" grinning smiley There is a video from the DVD and I took a screenshot of it grinning smiley Would be nice to greet each other again.

A message to anyone who is also going to see Ronnie in November, LET US KNOW, IF YOU RECEIVE YOUR TICKETS, PLEASE.

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: September 23, 2019 16:41

having ordered through AXS I don't expect that I'll receive my ticket any time soon (the already fu*k up the Rolling Stones' ticket sale last year). Anyway I'm going to ask them to send the ticket as soon as possible to avoid any complications during Brexit time (who ever can tell how the Brexit transition period might affect international mail?)

Date: September 23, 2019 16:49

slewan
having ordered through AXS I don't expect that I'll receive my ticket any time soon (the already fu*k up the Rolling Stones' ticket sale last year). Anyway I'm going to ask them to send the ticket as soon as possible to avoid any complications during Brexit time (who ever can tell how the Brexit transition period might affect international mail?)

There's been loads of ridiculous scaremongering around Brexit for this. I personally voted against it but life here has barely changed here since the vote. Sure the pound is weaker. But we've had no recession and unemployment is still falling. The World has not caved in.

International Mail will not grind to a halt. Nor will passport control. I doubt we'll even leave on 31st Oct. Relax and look forward to the show. I believe AXS offered e-tickets.

Date: September 23, 2019 16:56

AshtrayGirl
grzegorz67
AshtrayGirl
grzegorz67
AshtrayGirl
Sici

Not yet sad smiley

Yes, on "Street Fighting Man" grinning smiley There is a video from the DVD and I took a screenshot of it grinning smiley Would be nice to greet each other again.

A message to anyone who is also going to see Ronnie in November, LET US KNOW, IF YOU RECEIVE YOUR TICKETS, PLEASE.

You were on the big screen shortly after the big entrance too thumbs up. I remember you telling us some stories of scoring front row for other shows so maybe we shouldn't have been so surprised grinning smiley I've had a few front rows in my time but not a huge number.

I personally would prefer a seat for this show because I'm told the floor can be a bit of a squash at this venue for sold out shows. I think about half of IORR is planning to be there so might see you there thumbs up.

Posted by: Ket ()
Date: September 23, 2019 18:32

grzegorz67
slewan

There's been loads of ridiculous scaremongering around Brexit for this. I personally voted against it but life here has barely changed here since the vote. Sure the pound is weaker. But we've had no recession and unemployment is still falling. The World has not caved in.
The world has not caved in but the weaker pound has caused allot of problems (see Thomas Cook for an example) and investment in the UK has slowed considerably not to mention the UK GDP growth is now one of the lowest in the G7 (before the referendum it was one of the highest). and all this is happening before we have even left the EU.

Goto Page: Previous12345678910Next
Current Page: 6 of 10

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1832
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home