Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Re: Mick in Venice this night ‘The Burnt Orange Heresy’ premier
Date: September 10, 2019 11:30

Redhotcarpet
TheflyingDutchman
Redhotcarpet

Alex Jones is a nut. The criticism of the climate doomsday hysteria is a lot more common than the fanatics seem to grasp. Not just in the US. Science is not static Nor should it be controlled and paid by a panel of UN-politicians.

”Mother nature” is a hostile force that mankind has to tame. We live in houses because cold temperatures kill people. Humans develop new ways to communicate and travel. But somehow the left is only positive if people from non-European countries travel to Sweden. Asking for a straw when your dying from cancer and only eat liquid food is wrong. In Sweden. https://www.svd.se/en-doende-kvinna-ber-om-ett-sugror--och-ifragasatts

I'm not referring on a personal level on this subject. Never.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-09-10 12:13 by TheflyingDutchman.

Date: September 10, 2019 12:32

Redhotcarpet
TheflyingDutchman
Redhotcarpet

Alex Jones is a nut. The criticism of the climate doomsday hysteria is a lot more common than the fanatics seem to grasp. Not just in the US. Science is not static Nor should it be controlled and paid by a panel of UN-politicians.

There was a German professor who said in a very relaxed way: "Eventually mother nature throws the human species out, simple as that. In the end we are an insignificant, superfluous and merciless tribe of apes in the evolutionary chain" Keep that in mind spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

”Mother nature” is a hostile force that mankind has to tame. We live in houses because cold temperatures kill people. Humans develop new ways to communicate and travel. But somehow the left is only positive if people from non-European countries travel to Sweden. Asking for a straw when your dying from cancer and only eat liquid food is wrong. In Sweden. https://www.svd.se/en-doende-kvinna-ber-om-ett-sugror--och-ifragasatts

LOL, like this wouldn't have happened with the stop watch-health politics of the right smiling smiley

Posted by: dead.flowers ()
Date: September 10, 2019 12:55

"Order" I'd like to shout. Please let me come back to topic.

Seeing these pics, it is most amazing how young Mick can look. What's he doing or what's he having done with him to look as young as that? What a contrast are these photographs against the facial landscapes he shows in concert pics.

d.f

Posted by: ryanpow ()
Date: September 10, 2019 13:23

It's the ray-bans. He should stick with these when putting sunglasses on.

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: September 10, 2019 13:27

Ah yeah since we don't know the film let's discuss his face xD well you said the word yourself, it's all about contrast. Stage lighting from different directions creates sharp lines and shadows that are smooted over in daylight. Surely he has a cream for his face thats probably expensive but just for the sake of it. Most of all Mick can appear young because after years of training on camera, he can effortlessly pull his trademark expression.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: September 10, 2019 16:24

Date: September 10, 2019 16:29

The climate changes will not go away, just because you close your eyes, or call it global warming. There is world-wide scientific evident documentation about climate changes. Mick is simply talking about something that is a fact.

I am surprise that so many people still hold their breath and hope the climate changes "go over". It will get more extreme, simple as that. Still, this thread is about the movie premiere, not about debating scientific evident happenings.

Bjornulf

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: September 10, 2019 16:36

Haven't seen this one. I guess it hasn't premiered yet. But I wish Sir Michael were more lucky with his films. They often tend to be quite mediocre and forgettable over time.
Why doesn't he star in those mega block buster super hero movies. Like Batman or Spider Man. He can't go wrong there. He could play Batmans grandpa or something...

Posted by: drewmaster ()
Date: September 10, 2019 17:09

Stoneage
Haven't seen this one. I guess it hasn't premiered yet. But I wish Sir Michael were more lucky with his films. They often tend to be quite mediocre and forgettable over time.
Why doesn't he star in those mega block buster super hero movies. Like Batman or Spider Man. He can't go wrong there. He could play Batmans grandpa or something...

I personally admire Mick's choice of films. Offbeat, intelligent, often artsy stuff. Not the juvenile crap that the megaplex shows.

Drew

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: September 10, 2019 20:22

drewmaster
Stoneage

I personally admire Mick's choice of films. Offbeat, intelligent, often artsy stuff. Not the juvenile crap that the megaplex shows.

Drew

Sure Drew, I agree. I was going for maximum attention. I can see how he chooses films from a script level. The aber is that not every film turns out as good as the script promises.
Many of his movies have been sort of middle of the road. Even if a movie is "artsy" the end product must be good. Does someone understand what I'm talking about?

Date: September 10, 2019 20:30

drewmaster
Stoneage

Drew

With Freejack as the exception, of course.

Posted by: ryanpow ()
Date: September 10, 2019 20:55

Freejack is not good, but wasn't it considered kind of an "indie" movie when it came out? Maybe I'm not remembering correctly.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-09-10 20:55 by ryanpow.

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: September 10, 2019 21:45

DandelionPowderman
drewmaster
Stoneage

Drew

I enjoyed Freejack, Mick was so camp in that, really funny.......................a sort of spoof...................

Date: September 10, 2019 22:01

EddieByword
DandelionPowderman
drewmaster
Stoneage

Drew

I enjoyed Freejack, Mick was so camp in that, really funny.......................a sort of spoof...................

It was funny Indeed! "Do him in" "Waste him". Classic smiling smiley

Date: September 10, 2019 22:02

ryanpow
Freejack is not good, but wasn't it considered kind of an "indie" movie when it came out? Maybe I'm not remembering correctly.

Pretty high budget, methinks. Emilio Estevez was pretty high profile back then.

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: September 12, 2019 23:19

I saw the movie this afternoon at the Toronto Film Festival and it’s worth seeing. Mick makes 3 appearances - once by phone, and longer scenes at the beginning and end - and he was very well cast, does a very good job. Donald Sutherland is wonderful as always. Too bad Mick passed us over in favour of the Venice Film Festival, but the Director was here and referred to him as a singer with some band when asked about the cast. grinning smiley

Date: September 13, 2019 11:12

grinning smiley

Posted by: SKILLS ()
Date: September 13, 2019 11:25

My Mom and Aunt are there, Mom's first time in Venice. She's loving it

Date: September 13, 2019 13:13

I will delete any posts trying to campaign political messages here. Please see the IORR policy as likned up on the top of the forum pages:

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies

Policy
The IORR forum pages are made for Stones fans to communicate. Normal manners are expected. Offending language, offending or personal posts are not accepted. Write as if you are talking to normal people. Write normal text, please do not write in UPPER CASE unless it is natural in the context. Please do not post or discuss other individual non-public persons without their approval. Political and religious posts are not accepted. Campaigns are not accepted.

If you are among those who still think climate changes are not happening, then feel free to join in with others who think the same as you, other places, not here on IORR.

Bjornulf

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-09-13 13:14 by bv.

Posted by: peoplewitheyes ()
Date: September 13, 2019 13:46

Yes, sorry BV, I know this isn't the place. Just hard to keep quiet when you read some of the head-in-the-sand nonsense that a few people post here.

Next time I shall bite my tongue.

Apologies again

Posted by: Marmalade ()
Date: September 14, 2019 19:28

Wanted to go see it, STG (would have been great to go with you) but I'm out of the country. Hopefully it will run post-TIFF. Glad you enjoyed it.

Posted by: Redhotcarpet ()
Date: September 14, 2019 20:14

video: [youtu.be]

Posted by: Redhotcarpet ()
Date: September 14, 2019 20:16

Posted by: nick ()
Date: September 14, 2019 21:23

bv
If you are among those who still think climate changes are not happening, then feel free to join in with others who think the same as you, other places, not here on IORR.

For clarification, posts related to views on climate change acknowledgement are cool?

Posted by: exhpart ()
Date: September 14, 2019 21:32

drewmaster
Stoneage

Drew

With you there Drew. And Performance is still a remarkable movie even after all these years.

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: September 14, 2019 22:50

Marmalade
Wanted to go see it, STG (would have been great to go with you) but I'm out of the country. Hopefully it will run post-TIFF. Glad you enjoyed it.

Sorry you missed it Marmalade but I’m sure it will hit the theatre soon! Enjoy your travels.

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: September 15, 2019 05:43

nick
bv

For clarification, posts related to views on climate change acknowledgement are cool?

Cool might be the wrong adjective here…

Date: September 15, 2019 07:02

original comment deleted in goodwill and respect of this community.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-09-15 08:02 by nick.

Re: Mick in Venice for the ‘The Burnt Orange Heresy’ premier
Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: September 15, 2019 07:17

For what it's worth, I think you're jumping to the wrong conclusion. Mick made the remarks so of course it's discussed here, but Bjornulf doesn't want arguments among us about the topic because it's not why iorr exists, there's other places to argue politics, religion, environment, etc. I don't think there's anything more to it than that.

While I understand you're upset, no one ever wins by accusing the moderator of unfair play on a public forum. You're better off emailing him and discussing privately.

No, you didn't ask for my two cents, but I'm just trying to help.

Re: Mick in Venice for the ‘The Burnt Orange Heresy’ premier
Date: September 15, 2019 07:58

Rocky, You are a well known and respected person here. I enjoy your posts as well as everyone's here. I'll take down my rant but my original question stays. I believe that would be fair.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-09-15 08:04 by nick.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1769
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home