Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 4 of 7
Re: Mick in Venice this night ‘The Burnt Orange Heresy’ premier
Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: September 8, 2019 19:48

peoplewitheyes
Kurt, are you being serious about the 'adult in charge'? It's hard to infer irony/sarcasm in the typed word sometimes.

How about that Sharpie, though?
He's too far gone...a deluded member of Cult45.

I wouldn't give this guy the time of day...you might as well try reasoning with a bedpan.

Date: September 8, 2019 20:07

Kurt
DandelionPowderman
God and Trump will lead us out of the climate crisis.

DP, I thought you and I agreed to disagree.

Trump is not trying to lead us out of the climate crisis because there isn’t a climate crisis.

As far as God...
The world best keep the faith.
I do.

I'm trying hard, but you're really making it difficult for me, mate.

Posted by: nick ()
Date: September 8, 2019 20:17

keefriff99
peoplewitheyes
Kurt, are you being serious about the 'adult in charge'? It's hard to infer irony/sarcasm in the typed word sometimes.

How about that Sharpie, though?
He's too far gone...a deluded member of Cult45.

I wouldn't give this guy the time of day...you might as well try reasoning with a bedpan.
Reasoning with you is like reasoning with what's in the bedpan, lib.

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: September 8, 2019 21:05

whoa this thread has really lift off.
mick has stated an opinion, and most of his words in the venice meeting with press has been on "manners" and "polarization" in todays politics and he was speaking of trump and boris, maybe alluding also to italian populists given the context. he was nothing close to roger waters campaigning against israel, imo. yet he still is the man who wrote dangerous beauty or sweet neo con. so, noyhing much new from him.
also, in the mid 2000 i think they played for the al gore foundation, and clinton himself i think aknowledges the "band commitment" to the climate change/environment consciousness raising in the ny 2006 ny concert that is on shine a light movie. dont think this has prevented the selling of a single ticket. thank god the majority of republicans and rightwing people in the us seems smarter than that.
if you kurt are right, i am glad he did not stop to speak his opinion thinking about how many tickets he would not have sold next time in the us.......
oh my

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2019-09-08 21:20 by maumau.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: September 8, 2019 21:19

Discussing Mick's acting skills (or lack thereof) have taken a back seat to debating his "controversial" climate quotes.
Gotta give him credit for that slick manuever.

Looking forward to his appearance in The Burnt Orange Heresy...not really.

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: September 8, 2019 21:24

Hairball
Discussing Mick's acting skills (or lack thereof) have taken a back seat to debating his "controversial" climate quotes.
Gotta give him credit for that slick manuever.

Looking forward to his appearance in The Burnt Orange Heresy...not really.

ahahhahahah neither I Hairball, also the movie seems to me is going to be another forgettable one
he should have stick with his debut with great nic roeg.. but hey movie things moved another way with mick

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: September 8, 2019 21:28

What on earth is a “burnt orange heresy” ?

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: September 8, 2019 21:33

Kurt
There are 10’s of MILLIONS of us in the USA that got pushed too far and too fast by the hypocrisy of the elitist globalists preaching down to us. We love the earth. We love clean air and clean water and animals and the stars and the wonder of Mother Nature. We don’t litter and we don’t pollute the rivers or the lakes or the oceans. We also love God. And yes it’s true...we do NOT BELIEVE IN MAN-MADE GLOBAL WARMING OR CLIMATE CHANGE OR WHATEVER ITS CALLED AT THE MOMENT.

Yes I agree that everyone is entitled to their own opinions but when a celebrity openly criticizes a sitting president of the United States of America then they better be prepared for backlash.

You can kiss the box office receipts for this movie goodbye here in the USA.

I stand by my comments above. I refuse to be brainwashed and I’m not alone.
And as far as a future east coast tour without the fly-over states...what the @#$%& do you think they just completed?!

Bono and Springsteen and Ted Nugent and now Mick Jagger.
It’s a sad day for me because I thought The Rolling Stones were smarter than this. I thank God every day that an adult is in charge of our government here and I only hope and pray that some of you take a good look at what has been happening in the world.

Who's "we"?

Not people in Miami.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: September 8, 2019 21:38

Kurt
DandelionPowderman
God and Trump will lead us out of the climate crisis.

DP, I thought you and I agreed to disagree.

Trump is not trying to lead us out of the climate crisis because there isn’t a climate crisis.

As far as God...
The world best keep the faith.
I do.

The beauty of opinions like that in bold is that they don't matter, because deniers still have to live with the changes that have been happening and will continue to happen.

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: September 8, 2019 21:48

It's real simple. There are house rules here. You follow them because otherwise it turns ugly and insulting since very few people anywhere know how to respect different points of view. Delete your irrelevant political comments before Bjornulf or his son deletes them for you and removes you from the board. The world is bigger than one country or one political party or one administration.

Posted by: wonderboy ()
Date: September 8, 2019 22:56

Shade
What kind of carbon footprint does Brenda rack up on her private jet?

Living in a bubble with 24/7 armed security has warped the tiny todger’s perspective

Keith was always the smart one.

I just cancelled my overpriced and six week delayed T-shirt order and saved $150

Brenda should solve all the problems in the UK first, before knocking the country where she had her heart surgery. Or just pay for the climate fight with her own money

See you, globalist trash.

Harsh, but a lot of truth in that.
Jagger is part of the establishment elite now. He can hang out with the 1 pct and preach, but he's a tax dodger, doctor shopper, rock and roll monetizer, friend of Harvey Weinstein, with a huge carbon footprint.
Note, that doesn't mean I'm a Keith lackey or pro-Trump.

Posted by: Midnight Toker ()
Date: September 9, 2019 01:15

In the 1970's the world experienced Global Cooling with some experts predicting
we are headed towards another Ice Age. That was obviously nonsense.

Mick is now a part of the liberal elite culture which is ruining Europe and the USA.

Moral of the story-Liberal politics and rock and roll are a bad mix.That is my opinion and I could care less about what anyone thinks.

Posted by: Sici ()
Date: September 9, 2019 01:18

Posted by: Sici ()
Date: September 9, 2019 01:23

And Roger Waters too for "US+THEM"

Date: September 9, 2019 01:35

mickschix
Whether people and fans care to recognize it or not, Mick has BEEN very political throughout the ages. I know some folks here have made comments saying they think he should keep his politics to himself, I have always applauded his taking a stand, whether it was his Anti-Bush remarks in " Sweet Neo -Con" or currently making fun of Trump's stupid remarks regarding airplanes landing in the 1700's, he IS vocal. I am thrilled that he is environmentally conscious and takes a stand against Trump's denying climate change etc and undoing protections that Obama put into place. I also love that he still occasionally acts; Mick plays a powerful reclusive art collective in the new film " The Burnt Orange Heresy", called a psychological thriller. His costar is Donald Sutherland, who also spoke out in Venice about those who do harm to the environment. I wonder if it will be released worldwide or in select locations. Mick looked great on the red carpet...he wears many hats, is not simply a rock star!

Yes I agree, Mick is not simply a rock star and I like that he does statements like that - personally I´ve always thought he could much more use his power for political statements like that, and yes, lately he does in a way...

During the Venice Film festival it was obvious for the press to ask him about this issue, young people were demonstrating outside - personally I also appreciate his statement - But ANYWAY as the Rolling Stones daughters are activists for climate change he will support it, as he has a lot of media attention!!!! (and besides that, Bianca Jagger is a political activist also, may be it´s kind of a family affair and he´s under the influence ;-) )...

Go Mick,go...!!..you are much more than a rock star!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-09-09 01:46 by ThroughTheLonelyNights.

Posted by: WelshEdge1 ()
Date: September 9, 2019 02:27

Why shouldn't there be politics in rock? Why shouldn't Mick/rock stars voice his/their opinion? The only people who think that they shouldn't are people who disagree with them.

Date: September 9, 2019 02:32

WelshEdge1
Why shouldn't there be politics in rock? Why shouldn't Mick/rock stars voice his/their opinion? The only people who think that they shouldn't are people who disagree with them.
Exactly. And of course because most artistic people are liberal by nature, conservatives view this as some sort of inherent bias rather than just the way things are.

That doesn't stop them from gleefully cheering Ted Nugent and Kid Rock on while telling liberal entertainers to shut up and sing.

I wouldn't barge into an oil extraction company's or gun manufacturer's boardroom and demand they be more liberal...right-wing politics goes hand in hand with the job description.

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: September 9, 2019 02:53

Midnight Toker
Moral of the story-Liberal politics and rock and roll are a bad mix.That is my opinion and I could care less about what anyone thinks.

Moral of the story is you meant to say you couldn't care less. If you "could care less," then you do care what others think.

Me? I don't expect the Stones to share my views on drug use, alcoholism, fidelity, underage sex, prostitution, and on and on. I'm not sure why so many fans want them to share their political views. Projection rarely works between regular fans and privileged artists. They live in two very different worlds.

Posted by: stone66 ()
Date: September 9, 2019 04:29

Before this thread gets closed for obvious reasons, I'd just like to say that, Brrrrh! It's getting cold out there...

The Chill of Solar Minimum

The sun is entering one of the deepest Solar Minima of the Space Age. Sunspots have been absent for most of 2018, and the sun’s ultraviolet output has sharply dropped. New research shows that Earth’s upper atmosphere is responding.

“We see a cooling trend,” says Martin Mlynczak of NASA’s Langley Research Center. “High above Earth’s surface, near the edge of space, our atmosphere is losing heat energy. If current trends continue, it could soon set a Space Age record for cold.”

More at: [spaceweatherarchive.com]

Posted by: nick ()
Date: September 9, 2019 05:15

The Global Warming PR machine since last year been trying to call BS on it saying it's...wait for it "Flawed Science". You will find that to be the opinion of many on this site also. "Your scientists are wrong, mine are right" "No way man, thats BS my scientists are correct, yours are stupid" meow meow meow blah blah blah...

and this crap will go on and on.

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: September 9, 2019 05:22

mickschix
Kurt, MOST folks totally agree with Mick regarding Global Warming being caused by man...we believe in the SCIENTIFIC evidence that backs this up & as far as Mick losing fans over political statements about Tchump, I say BS! In Foxboro when he made a negative comment about the dimwit the crowd ROARED ITS APPROVAL...not an opinion, simply a fact. As far a Springsteen being doomed over being political, his Broadway show was a massive success...blows that theory all to HELL!

The crowds also ROARED THEIR APPROVAL when YCAGWYW was played during a Trump appearance while he was at the podium.

Posted by: sweet things ()
Date: September 9, 2019 08:13

Wonderful Mick pics...thanks for posting!

Posted by: HonkyTonkJan ()
Date: September 9, 2019 15:00

I understand that Trump supporters may be upset that Mick has expressed his opinion on climate-change. They may even be so upset that they will refuse to listen to his music in future, as some posters seem to be saying. Fair enough - that is their choice.

Now I wonder if they could please lobby their leader to stop playing Stones music at his rallies??.....As has been requested previously.... and ignored.

Height of bad manners if you ask me......

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: September 9, 2019 16:12

HonkyTonkJan
I understand that Trump supporters may be upset that Mick has expressed his opinion on climate-change. They may even be so upset that they will refuse to listen to his music in future, as some posters seem to be saying. Fair enough - that is their choice.

Now I wonder if they could please lobby their leader to stop playing Stones music at his rallies??.....As has been requested previously.... and ignored.

He can't help it, he's got Tourettes..............smoking smiley

Date: September 9, 2019 16:17

HonkyTonkJan

Not to mention that Mick stated his opinion in the mildest, most non-confrontational way possible.

If I can rock out to Double Live Gonzo after all the grotesque, psychotic things Ted Nugent has belched forth over the past 20 years, these overly-sensitive, reactionary fools can surely still enjoy the Stones despite Mick's newfound (and shallow) environmentalism.

Posted by: ryanpow ()
Date: September 9, 2019 16:30

Nice to see him in Ray Bans, they're a good look for him. I think those are the "New wayferers" with a smaller frame.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-09-09 16:31 by ryanpow.

Posted by: drewmaster ()
Date: September 9, 2019 16:48

keefriff99
If I can rock out to Double Live Gonzo after all the grotesque, psychotic things Ted Nugent has belched forth over the past 20 years, these overly-sensitive, reactionary fools can surely still enjoy the Stones despite Mick's newfound (and shallow) environmentalism.

Agree, although for me it's the studio version of Stranglehold that gets my motor running.

Mick's newfound environmentalism has to be shallow. He has left a GIANT carbon footprint in his 76 years. The eight children in particular.

Drew

Posted by: steffialicia ()
Date: September 9, 2019 17:00

drewmaster
keefriff99

Agree, although for me it's the studio version of Stranglehold that gets my motor running.

Mick's newfound environmentalism has to be shallow. He has left a GIANT carbon footprint in his 76 years. The eight children in particular.

Drew

You're not supporting his kids, are you?

Date: September 9, 2019 17:04

drewmaster
keefriff99

For sure. He was SMOKIN' HOT in the '70s.

I actually think Cat Scratch Fever is boring and over-played, but Stranglehold is one of the best rock songs of all time.

Posted by: drewmaster ()
Date: September 9, 2019 17:33

steffialicia

You're not supporting his kids, are you?

The planet is.

Drew

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 4 of 7

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1534
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home