Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 3 of 7
Re: Mick in Venice this night ‘The Burnt Orange Heresy’ premier
Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: September 8, 2019 14:45

Miami was the last US show...confirmed.
If Mick is talking this way then it’s all over now.
We will definitely NOT be seeing The Rolling Stones tour the USA ever again.

Posted by: steffialicia ()
Date: September 8, 2019 14:59

Kurt

Talking what way? It appears he was asked his opinion and he gave it. Is he not entitled to do so?

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: September 8, 2019 15:01

But, but....there are liberal states in the USA. Bump doesn't have every state. Maybe an east coast tour then? Skip the fly-over states...

Posted by: PalaisRoyale ()
Date: September 8, 2019 15:07

Kurt

The Stones will be back. They go wherever the money is. I don't get too worried at this stage about Mick's press conferences at movie premiers. It was a great tour and they should be able to do a few more laps.

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: September 8, 2019 15:27

Kurt

I looked but........where does he/it say that?

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: September 8, 2019 15:32

Kurt
Roger Waters tours US and he has always been much more harsh in his wording.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: September 8, 2019 15:32

Kurt

Nope. Business as usual for Mick. Once he reflected what he saw during American Tour and came up with "(I Can't Get No) Satisfaction". Now he is writing his new masterpiece song "(I Can't Get No) Climate Change Action"... One of those Keith's 'three dynamite riffs' finally put in use...

Besides, if it is the 'America First' people who feel offended here, what he says of the recent administration is just a continuum for his Trump jokes during the tour. Shouldn't come as any surprise what he thinks of the man and of his administration.

There was a time when political leaders were worried about the bad behavior by rock stars a'la Jagger, and what they do for our culture. Now it is the other way round... O tempora, o mores...winking smiley

But remember the context. This was, after all, a press meeting. Damn good publicity by Mick and Donald Sutherland for a rather low profile film....

- Doxa

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: September 8, 2019 15:35

Kurt
What, you think what he said has irrevocably destroyed the Stones' fanbase in the USA?

Jeezus...what a bunch of drama queens you people are.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: September 8, 2019 15:43

“We are in a very difficult situation at the moment, especially in the U.S., where all the environmental controls that were put in place — that perhaps were just about adequate ... have been rolled back by the current administration so much that they are all being wiped out,” he said.

“The U.S. should be the world leader in environmental control has lost that and has now decided to go the other way,” Jagger added.

He also said he was worried about “where all this polarization and rudeness and lying” in the U.S. and now the U.K. is “going to lead us.”
[www.huffpost.com]

So glad to hear Mick speak out when asked about the protests taking place outside the event. This impacts nothing going forward as far as US tours etc. By far the majority of RS fans believe in science and agree with his honest fact based comments.
Good on him.

Date: September 8, 2019 15:44

Doxa
Kurt

Nope. Business as usual for Mick. Once he reflected what he saw during American Tour and came up with "(I Can't Get No) Satisfaction". Now he is writing his new masterpiece song "(I Can't Get No) Climate Change Action"... One of those Keith's 'three dynamite riffs' finally put in use...

Besides, if it is the 'America First' people who feel offended here, what he says of the recent administration is just a continuum for his Trump jokes during the tour. Shouldn't come as any surprise what he thinks of the man and of his administration.

There was a time when political leaders were worried about the bad behavior by rock stars a'la Jagger, and what they do for our culture. Now it is the other way round... O tempora, o mores...winking smiley

But remember the context. This was, after all, a press meeting. Damn good publicity by Mick and Donald Sutherland for a rather low profile film....

- Doxa
Donald Sutherland is a true radical, and has been his whole life. He was married to Shirley Douglas, whose father, Tommy Douglas, created Canada's National Healthcare System, and was voted their Greatest Canadian in 2004.

Mick's words, while nicely said, don't carry much weight with me. He's never stuck his neck out for any cause...and I don't expect or want him to. I'm just saying it's a bit of flowery rhetoric on his part, nothing more, nothing less.

Date: September 8, 2019 15:46

We all know that Springsteen and U2 can't sell out a coffee shop in the US these days because they can't stop talking politics. [/sarcasm]

So the Stones are CLEARLY doomed now. eye rolling smiley

Posted by: drewmaster ()
Date: September 8, 2019 16:52

keefriff99
Donald Sutherland is a true radical, and has been his whole life. He was married to Shirley Douglas, whose father, Tommy Douglas, created Canada's National Healthcare System, and was voted their Greatest Canadian in 2004.

Mick's words, while nicely said, don't carry much weight with me. He's never stuck his neck out for any cause...and I don't expect or want him to. I'm just saying it's a bit of flowery rhetoric on his part, nothing more, nothing less.

Agreed, but I'm still happy that Mick spoke up to support the protestors. Anything more would have been hypocritical. I mean, let's be honest, someone with eight children, who is a member of the 0.1% wealthiest people in the world, and who constantly jets around the world, is not exactly in a position to be a climate-change activist.

Drew

Posted by: Javadave ()
Date: September 8, 2019 17:07

Now that they will be sailing around the world instead of flying for their tours, perhaps they can coax Wyman back into the fold. Does a sailing stone gather moss, and is it a renewable energy source?

Date: September 8, 2019 17:40

There are 10’s of MILLIONS of us in the USA that got pushed too far and too fast by the hypocrisy of the elitist globalists preaching down to us. We love the earth. We love clean air and clean water and animals and the stars and the wonder of Mother Nature. We don’t litter and we don’t pollute the rivers or the lakes or the oceans. We also love God. And yes it’s true...we do NOT BELIEVE IN MAN-MADE GLOBAL WARMING OR CLIMATE CHANGE OR WHATEVER ITS CALLED AT THE MOMENT.

Yes I agree that everyone is entitled to their own opinions but when a celebrity openly criticizes a sitting president of the United States of America then they better be prepared for backlash.

You can kiss the box office receipts for this movie goodbye here in the USA.

I stand by my comments above. I refuse to be brainwashed and I’m not alone.
And as far as a future east coast tour without the fly-over states...what the @#$%& do you think they just completed?!

Bono and Springsteen and Ted Nugent and now Mick Jagger.
It’s a sad day for me because I thought The Rolling Stones were smarter than this. I thank God every day that an adult is in charge of our government here and I only hope and pray that some of you take a good look at what has been happening in the world.

Posted by: CousinC ()
Date: September 8, 2019 18:00

OMG

Posted by: nick ()
Date: September 8, 2019 18:01

Mick's comments will not stop the Rolling Stones brand from making money.
Our differing opinions in IORR will not change anyone's mind on where we stand on the issue.
No amount of humans, even in total solidarity with their actions will stop Planet Earth from what it does.

Posted by: peoplewitheyes ()
Date: September 8, 2019 18:10

Kurt, are you being serious about the 'adult in charge'? It's hard to infer irony/sarcasm in the typed word sometimes.

How about that Sharpie, though?

Posted by: steffialicia ()
Date: September 8, 2019 18:10

Kurt
There are 10’s of MILLIONS of us in the USA that got pushed too far and too fast by the hypocrisy of the elitist globalists preaching down to us. We love the earth. We love clean air and clean water and animals and the stars and the wonder of Mother Nature. We don’t litter and we don’t pollute the rivers or the lakes or the oceans. We also love God. And yes it’s true...we do NOT BELIEVE IN MAN-MADE GLOBAL WARMING OR CLIMATE CHANGE OR WHATEVER ITS CALLED AT THE MOMENT.

Yes I agree that everyone is entitled to their own opinions but when a celebrity openly criticizes a sitting president of the United States of America then they better be prepared for backlash.

And as far as a future east coast tour without the fly-over states...what the @#$%& do you think they just completed?!

It’s a sad day for me because I thought The Rolling Stones were smarter than this. I thank God every day that an adult is in charge of our government here and I only hope and pray that some of you take a good look at what has been happening in the world.

So you're not allowed to disagree with a sitting President? Scary.

Date: September 8, 2019 18:22

Mick Jagger is incredibly intelligent.
I don’t believe that he would alienate a single potential ticket-buyer unless he knew that our money was no longer relevant or necessary.

Date: September 8, 2019 18:24

peoplewitheyes
Kurt, are you being serious about the 'adult in charge'? It's hard to infer irony/sarcasm in the typed word sometimes.

I’m absolutely serious. Thanks for asking for a clarification.

Date: September 8, 2019 18:25

steffialicia
Kurt

So you're not allowed to disagree with a sitting President? Scary.

I did not say that.

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: September 8, 2019 18:29

Kurt, MOST folks totally agree with Mick regarding Global Warming being caused by man...we believe in the SCIENTIFIC evidence that backs this up & as far as Mick losing fans over political statements about Tchump, I say BS! In Foxboro when he made a negative comment about the dimwit the crowd ROARED ITS APPROVAL...not an opinion, simply a fact. As far a Springsteen being doomed over being political, his Broadway show was a massive success...blows that theory all to HELL!

Date: September 8, 2019 18:33

“MOST folks” do not agree...therein lies the problem.

Springsteen on Broadway?! Who was he catering to at those ticket prices? I never said anything about him being doomed btw.

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: September 8, 2019 18:44

To warm or not too warm......?.....I don't think any sane person would claim that pumping all that crap into the atmosphere is any good for the physical health of anybody or anything, so let's desist eh?........

I did learn something new from this thread though, POTUS = Make america great again - Ha!....... I've been thinking for years it was Make america hate (again).......

I do hope they stream the application of the straitjacket when he finally gets thrown to the kerb...........I'd even do PPV for that...........smoking smiley

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2019-09-08 19:40 by EddieByword.

Date: September 8, 2019 18:49

-

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-09-10 10:35 by Stoneage.

Date: September 8, 2019 18:58

God and Trump will lead us out of the climate crisis.

Never mind experience, research, new technology, science, knowledge and a better foundation for making decisions than we've ever had.

Date: September 8, 2019 19:03

Stoneage
So, Dump is not an elitist globalist? And Bush wasn't? Give me a break...

I’m rather confused by your questions...
Bush was certainly an elitist globalist.

Date: September 8, 2019 19:04

-

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-09-08 19:05 by Stoneage.

Date: September 8, 2019 19:21

DandelionPowderman
God and Trump will lead us out of the climate crisis.

DP, I thought you and I agreed to disagree.

Trump is not trying to lead us out of the climate crisis because there isn’t a climate crisis.

As far as God...
The world best keep the faith.
I do.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: September 8, 2019 19:45

DandelionPowderman

Never mind experience, research, new technology, science, knowledge and a better foundation for making decisions than we've ever had.

Probably unknown outside the US, but Bill Nye "The Science Guy" said it best.. cool smiley
[www.youtube.com]

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 3 of 7

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1916
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home