Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345
Current Page: 5 of 5
Re: Is that it for 'Deluxe Bonus' albums?
Posted by: buttons67 ()
Date: September 19, 2019 23:07

i could see a huge prpblem with stones releases well after all band members are long gone, as they will then have no say in whats released, it will be up to who owns the rights and what they choose might not sit well with stones family members if they think they are being ripped off or that released material is diluting the bands legacy.

personally i hope they release as much as possible,

i heard they had over 200 outtakes in the vaults.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: September 22, 2019 19:46

Hairball
Gazza
buttons67
gazza, the stones have a helluva big barrel to scrap though.

The quality isnt the issue. Filling an album with 20 year old leftovers is insane and smacks of utter desperation. Who else would do that? Thankfully the Stones wont. They'd be better just giving up if they were that bereft of inspiration.

That stuff belongs on 'anthology' style releases. Not on a 2020 'studio' album.

Agree, though they could name the album Leftovers from Bottom of the Barrel in an attempt to thwart criticism.

They could start a whole new tradition of self-deprecating album titles!

Maybe we could even revisit the past and rename some less than stellar releases.

Let's see...

TSMR becomes, Their Silly Magic Tricks
Voodoo Lounge becomes, Laundry Room
Bridges to Babylon becomes, Build that Wall
and Dirty Work...well, actually that is pretty self-deprecating, they got that right so we can leave it as is.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: September 26, 2019 03:52

Their next album will almost certainly be their last studio release, so in keeping with what a certain other classic band of the 60's did towards the end of their career, they should re-create the cover of their debut album and title it 'England's Oldest Hitmakers'

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: September 26, 2019 03:59

buttons67
i could see a huge prpblem with stones releases well after all band members are long gone, as they will then have no say in whats released, it will be up to who owns the rights and what they choose might not sit well with stones family members if they think they are being ripped off or that released material is diluting the bands legacy.

I doubt that personally but if so, I cant imagine more than a handful of those are in a state that's anywhere close to releasable. The fact that theyve released deluxe albums with fluff like 'Petrol', 'Title 5' (recorded YEARS before the 'Exile' sessions its attributed to) and that version of 'Soul Survivor' featuring Keith singing nonsense lyrics speaks volumes.

Your best bet for archive studio releases are alternate versions of the songs we already have in released form. The audio evidence seems to suggest that putting a coherent vocal performance with finished lyrics is one of the last things that happens at a Stones studio session.

Its not a coincidence that most of the best and complete outtakes in circulation happen to be cover versions.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-09-26 04:02 by Gazza.

Date: September 26, 2019 15:33

Gazza
buttons67

I doubt that personally but if so, I cant imagine more than a handful of those are in a state that's anywhere close to releasable. The fact that theyve released deluxe albums with fluff like 'Petrol', 'Title 5' (recorded YEARS before the 'Exile' sessions its attributed to) and that version of 'Soul Survivor' featuring Keith singing nonsense lyrics speaks volumes.

Your best bet for archive studio releases are alternate versions of the songs we already have in released form. The audio evidence seems to suggest that putting a coherent vocal performance with finished lyrics is one of the last things that happens at a Stones studio session.

Its not a coincidence that most of the best and complete outtakes in circulation happen to be cover versions.

well it does seem like the band has over 50 outtakes from 1983-2012 in the vault

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: September 27, 2019 01:59

Gazza
buttons67

Yeah, I'm always kind of amazed listening to embryonic takes of their songs. Bill always seem to has bass part done and complete, sounding almost exactly like the end product.

Goto Page: Previous12345
Current Page: 5 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1886
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home