Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 2 of 7
Re: Mick Jagger Solo Albums to be re-issued By Universal
Posted by: GivenToFly15 ()
Date: September 14, 2019 10:52

The reissues seem to be confirmed by numerous online stores.

See for instance:

[bilborecords.be]

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: September 14, 2019 12:40

GivenToFly15

The reissues seem to be confirmed by numerous online stores.

See also here: [iorr.org] - (Vinyl).

The Solo-Albums are also available as Download or Streaming since 21-Jun-2019 e.g. on Spotify, [www.Qobuz.com] or iTunes -- [iorr.org] .

Available again too since 13-Sep-2019: 'The Very Best Of Mick Jagger' - [www.Qobuz.com] - [Music.Apple.com] .

All Solo-Albums by Mick are now Polydor Records, (C) 2019 Promotone B.V. -- (originally released on CBS- / Atlantic- / Virgin-Records).

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2019-09-14 13:30 by Irix.

Date: September 14, 2019 13:07

I had a listen to GITD and STB the other day. The former was obviously remastered, but I couldn't really notice any difference to STB.

Posted by: GivenToFly15 ()
Date: September 14, 2019 17:19

I meant to post new links, Irix. I have seen yours the day it was posted, thanks. Aldo these other links seem to be a little bit cheaper.

Posted by: OpenG ()
Date: September 14, 2019 19:16

I listened to GITD the other day, its a break from the stones group dynamic where I focus on the whole band, with GITD I can focus on Mick's singing which is great and his lyrics for GITD were spirituality superior to his other solo efforts. You know the heart torn messages or bitter messages which he tends to write and fall back on.

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: September 14, 2019 19:35

Album cover is bad.

That stance, he's standing on a pedestal...
The photo doesn't work with the album title ...

The album cover photo of Mick looks kinda gay ...
(not that there's anything wrong with that)

Maybe... a tall blurry female figure seen from across the room ?
Bed or his back in foreground...
too literal perhaps...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-09-14 19:36 by schillid.

Posted by: Cooltoplady ()
Date: September 14, 2019 20:03

Hairball
With no new Stones album, this is rubbing salt in the wounds...a spit in the face...a kick in the teeth...

Sounds like something a street hooker would do

Posted by: Redhotcarpet ()
Date: September 14, 2019 20:13

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-09-15 10:48 by Redhotcarpet.

Date: September 14, 2019 23:15

Keith referred GITD as dogshit in the doorway, if I recall correctly the record I thought was not that bad an effort, wandering spirit has great songs, but she's the boss and primitive cool I never bought.

Date: September 14, 2019 23:32

Polish a turd its still a turd.

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: September 15, 2019 02:22

Irix
All Solo-Albums by Mick are now Polydor Records, (C) 2019 Promotone B.V. -- (originally released on CBS- / Atlantic- / Virgin-Records).

Interesting seeing as GITD and the ALFIE soundtrack were published and copyrighted under the Jagged MusicWorks umbrella (Jagged Recordings for the copyrights). Interesting to see it folded back under Promotone. It certainly makes anthologizing it easier and probably simpler to manage under a single portfolio.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: September 15, 2019 06:23

Rocky Dijon
What is the point of this people ask? Simply that the rights are now leased by Universal and the previous label stopped pressing copies once their license expired. If you don't want them again, don't buy them.

That's true, of course, but... will anyone else give a shit!!??

At least the reissue of TALK IS CHEAP had extra tracks!

Posted by: chatoyancy ()
Date: September 15, 2019 06:50

Mick is standing "on a pedestal" to replicate his favorite work of art, Michelangelo's David, although David doesn't have acoustic guitar in hand. Mick didn't say whose idea it was but I assumed Karl Lagerfeld.

Date: September 15, 2019 06:57

Tiny todger remarks about Michelangelo's David aside, shouldn't Mick be naked holding a stone in his hand?

Posted by: TIRED ()
Date: September 15, 2019 10:21

schillid
Album cover is bad.

That stance, he's standing on a pedestal...
The photo doesn't work with the album title ...

The album cover photo of Mick looks kinda gay ...
(not that there's anything wrong with that)

Maybe... a tall blurry female figure seen from across the room ?
Bed or his back in foreground...
too literal perhaps...

Yes I *fully* agree. When I first saw this LP cover it gave a very amateurish impression. Mick and those songs didn't deserve such disappointing packaging, with or without any comparison with past Stones record covers. I think a better cover would have also helped the sales of the album.

The re-release should have a completely new cover, one that does the songs, the fantastic artist and the tone of the album justice. Forget whatever consistency rules the record industry dictates in such situations.

Posted by: padre69 ()
Date: September 15, 2019 11:21

A pity that there’s no outtakes. Blue from GITD sessions is the best thing Mick’s done since Memo From Turner. Let’s Work b-side is not that bad either. And the Webster gig to accompany WS.

Posted by: padre69 ()
Date: September 15, 2019 11:23

Blue: [youtu.be]

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: September 15, 2019 13:05

Rocky Dijon
Irix

Interesting seeing as GITD and the ALFIE soundtrack were published and copyrighted under the Jagged MusicWorks umbrella (Jagged Recordings for the copyrights). Interesting to see it folded back under Promotone. It certainly makes anthologizing it easier and probably simpler to manage under a single portfolio.

Tidying up some loose ends, maybe.
I wonder if and when the EMI music publishing copyrights for 1971 to 1984 will revert to Promopub also. Perhaps just a matter of time.

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: September 15, 2019 15:46

chatoyancy
Mick is standing "on a pedestal" to replicate his favorite work of art, Michelangelo's David, although David doesn't have acoustic guitar in hand. Mick didn't say whose idea it was but I assumed Karl Lagerfeld.

You assume a lot.

Date: September 15, 2019 17:38

Rocky Dijon
Tiny todger remarks about Michelangelo's David aside, shouldn't Mick be naked holding a stone in his hand?

Maybe he wanted to be dressed, for once, on a solo album? winking smiley

Posted by: Bashlets ()
Date: September 15, 2019 18:06

Are these vinyl albums be released in USA also? Would like them again but not willing to pay high import prices

Date: September 15, 2019 18:31

Brand New Set Of Rules is a great song off GITD and is similar to All Most Hear You Sigh or Streets of Love that made Keith's okay on stones records. If you take Mick's songs from 4 solo records and Keith's songs from his 3 solo records and somehow they were used for stones records we would of had more great stones records.

Date: September 15, 2019 18:33

OpenG
Brand New Set Of Rules is a great song off GITD and is similar to All Most Hear You Sigh or Streets of Love that made Keith's okay on stones records. If you take Mick's songs from 4 solo records and Keith's songs from his 3 solo records and somehow they were used for stones records we would of had more great stones records.

The Streets Of Love-verses are blueprints, musically, of Brand New Set Of Rules.

Date: September 15, 2019 18:42

Jagger Solo Albums to be re-issued By Universal new
Posted by: DandelionPowderman ()

OpenG

The Streets Of Love-verses are blueprints, musically, of Brand New Set Of Rules.

Yep - GITD has great songs by MJ - Don,t Call Me Up - another soulful ballad, Hide Away is awesome, the whole record is more spiritual then Mick's bitter and heart torn lyrics that Mick normally writes.

Posted by: IanBillen ()
Date: September 15, 2019 19:04

ROLLINGSTONE
I think I recall reading that Goddess In The Doorway sold something like 982 copies on day of release (don't know if that was just UK or whatever) but if there wasn't much interest first time around.....

Goddess in The Doorway sold 982,000 on the first day of it's release.

It then went on to sell 12 million copies world wide. It entered both the US & UK charts at #1 on the Billboard Hot 100. The release stayed at #1 in the US for six straight weeks. The album spawned four #1 singles and three other top ten hits.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-09-15 19:05 by IanBillen.

Date: September 15, 2019 19:09

OpenG
Jagger Solo Albums to be re-issued By Universal new
Posted by: DandelionPowderman ()

OpenG

Yep - GITD has great songs by MJ - Don,t Call Me Up - another soulful ballad, Hide Away is awesome, the whole record is more spiritual then Mick's bitter and heart torn lyrics that Mick normally writes.

I have always enjoyed a lot of this album. Not too crazy about Gun, the title track, Everybody's Getting High or Too Far Gone, but the album is good.

Date: September 15, 2019 19:53

DP, yes a good record

Yes for me the whole record has some of Mick's finest vocals and lyrics, I focus on that then the music, its sort of like listening to Dylan's lyrics against the backdrop of his two chord melodies.

Off to watch the seahawks against the steelers

Date: September 15, 2019 20:16

IanBillen
Goddess in The Doorway sold 982,000 on the first day of it's release. It then went on to sell 12 million copies worldwide. It entered both the US & UK charts at #1 on the Billboard Hot 100. The release stayed at #1 in the US for six straight weeks. The album spawned four #1 singles and three other top ten hits.

Few things as dangerous as a sarcastic Ian.

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: September 15, 2019 20:16

I quite like Hide Away
Hide Away video

When Mick appeared on Larry King on CNN in 2010 after the earthquake in Haiti,
as they were going to a commercial they showed a short clip of Mick and Wyclef Jean video performing Hide Away. But I have never seen a complete video of same.

Larry King Live w/ MJ

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2019-09-16 16:50 by schillid.

Date: September 15, 2019 20:52

IanBillen
ROLLINGSTONE
I think I recall reading that Goddess In The Doorway sold something like 982 copies on day of release (don't know if that was just UK or whatever) but if there wasn't much interest first time around.....

Goddess in The Doorway sold 982,000 on the first day of it's release.

It then went on to sell 12 million copies world wide. It entered both the US & UK charts at #1 on the Billboard Hot 100. The release stayed at #1 in the US for six straight weeks. The album spawned four #1 singles and three other top ten hits.

grinning smiley

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 2 of 7

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1689
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home