Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Keith Richards uses 'motorised ashtray' to avoid upsetting Mick Jagger with his smoke
Posted by: dead.flowers ()
Date: September 4, 2019 16:54

Keith Richards uses 'motorised ashtray' to avoid upsetting Mick Jagger with his smoke

The Telegraph
By Victoria Ward 29 August 2019

[www.telegraph.co.uk]

"Their relationship has long been fraught with bitter clashes and the sporadic volley of brutal insults.

But after decades of feuding, Mick Jagger and Keith Richards are currently enjoying a fragile peace and as such, the latter will do anything to maintain the equilibrium.

That includes, it has emerged, using a motorised ashtray that sucks in cigarette smoke to avoid upsetting the health conscious Jagger, 76.

The circular device was spotted backstage on the band’s No Filter tour that is due to conclude, after two years of touring Europe and the US, this weekend.

... "

Welcome back to life in the times between tours.

d.f

Re: Keith Richards uses 'motorised ashtray' to avoid upsetting Mick Jagger with his smoke
Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: September 4, 2019 17:02

Motorised is a funny word. Its just an ashtray with, ironically, an air filter.

Re: Keith Richards uses 'motorised ashtray' to avoid upsetting Mick Jagger with his smoke
Posted by: Stone601 ()
Date: September 4, 2019 17:16

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: September 4, 2019 17:26

There's one on Ronnies side too. The first article about that installment said it was to protect Charlie. Ironically, the solution arrived at a point where they were almost done with smoking on stage. They're trying hard to put an angle on this.

Posted by: dead.flowers ()
Date: September 4, 2019 17:48

Well, in his prime Keith understood how to smoke both handedly ...

...and would even smoke while sleeping.

d.f

Posted by: paulspendel ()
Date: September 4, 2019 17:53

That's why it is called the 'no filter' tour.

Posted by: dmay ()
Date: September 4, 2019 18:12

One would think that, after Ron and Charlie's battle with cancer, Keith would have given up the smokes. A long time friend of mine is now dealing with the aftermath of a long history of cigarette smoking. He now has COPD and has to walk around with an oxygen tank. We can only hope KR doesn't end up doing the same.

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: September 4, 2019 19:14

I seem to remember a photo that was posted a while back...

Pictured supposedly one of the Stones' smokeless ashtrays...

Hooked up to exhaust tubing of some sort I think.

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: September 4, 2019 20:53

Motorized ashtrays may be new mode of transportation. Seating could be a little tight but the gas savings would be enormous!

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: September 4, 2019 22:11

You could be on to something there. Imagine an ashtray that is following Keith around on stage. Hunter Thompson would have liked it too

Posted by: JordyLicks96 ()
Date: September 4, 2019 22:56

I love how the title of the article tries to make it seem like Mick is the one who's being a big baby about the smoke. Considering Ronnie has quit smoking, Charlie battled through cancer, and Mick is only being conscious about his health, Keith would at least think about quitting at this point. Health is the most important thing with these guys at this point in their lives. Keith is the one who is the most worrisome to me. My dad started smoking at 13 years old and has quit on and off a few times over the past decade. Sadly he's smoking more than he's ever had before so I understand why the use of the 'motorised ashtray' is a big deal. It's tough even for me to be around my dad having to breath in the smoke a lot.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: September 4, 2019 23:01

ROCKMAN

Keith's ashtray
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: September 4, 2019 23:08

Just your basic 99¢ variety in Foxboro:

[twitter.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-09-04 23:10 by bye bye johnny.

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: September 4, 2019 23:10

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: September 4, 2019 23:24

He takes enough of crap from Keith. I don't blame him

Posted by: rara ()
Date: September 4, 2019 23:57

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: September 5, 2019 00:05

I think the writer just assumes that it's for Mick's sake, like she assumes that this is the last we've seen of "No Filter"..

More likely to do with the stadium policies or discretion on Keith's part.
Also, likelier to not bother ex smoking buddy Ronnie with the fumes smoking smiley

Keith's ashtray
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: September 5, 2019 00:41

FFS, the only thing "smokeless" about the ashtrays pictured above is there's no butts in 'em.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2019-09-05 00:43 by bye bye johnny.

Posted by: TornAndFried ()
Date: September 5, 2019 03:19

dmay
One would think that, after Ron and Charlie's battle with cancer, Keith would have given up the smokes. A long time friend of mine is now dealing with the aftermath of a long history of cigarette smoking. He now has COPD and has to walk around with an oxygen tank. We can only hope KR doesn't end up doing the same.

He will...or worse. You can be sure of it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-09-05 04:46 by TornAndFried.

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: September 5, 2019 04:55

TornAndFried
dmay

He will...or worse. You can be sure of it.
The odds are against him, but there are anomalous cases of people smoking into their 80s or 90s without having any major health issues directly related to smoking.

Posted by: StonedAsiaExile ()
Date: September 5, 2019 05:07

The bell idea cracks me up. Seriously, Pierre can hear it??? I'm impressed but I guess since the wall of sound is in front of the amp line perhaps he can; I sure as hell couldn't lol.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: September 5, 2019 05:11

There are three different stages of COPD. Stage one and two you can survive. Stage three is life threatening. Men stand a better chance due to larger lungs. Wyman was diagnosed with COPD and has stopped smoking. Richard's wouldn't have been able to perform on stage with stage two COPD. You can have stage one without being aware of it. There are tests you can do to find out.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1807
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home