Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: You've Seen rcfoxy's 15 Minutes of Fame, Now Here's Mine - article in Colorado Springs Gazette on The Plexi, includes mention of IORR
Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: September 3, 2019 03:38

Erhard51
Hi Tim,

do remember me. You sleep one night in Duisburg (Germany) in my house during the Bigger Bang Tour.It was great with you. You gave me a T-Shirt from you with Plexiglas.It´s until now in my colletion and in my Rolling Stones house.

Very nice to see you at the photos again.smiling smiley

All the best for you

Greeting from Germany

Erhard (Street fighting man) and Christel.

Of course I remember you SFM Erhard!! And your Stones collection which I took video of. I assume your collection has grown a lot. You were very kind to me in letting me stay at your house. That was actually in 2008 during the Trefffest, one year after the Bang tour ended. Do u still have the Trefffest t shirt I made?

How is Treff these days? I asked Marianne (Mrs. M) if she could post the article on Treff but I haven't heard back from her.

plexi

Re: You've Seen rcfoxy's 15 Minutes of Fame, Now Here's Mine - article in Colorado Springs Gazette on The Plexi, includes mention of IORR
Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: September 3, 2019 07:09

That's a great piece, congrats! (And not really relevant, but I love that you teach at a tribal college, that's awesome.)

Posted by: Erhard51 ()
Date: September 3, 2019 10:56

Hi Plexi,

In the meantime I´m not a member from the Stonestreff, but the Treff exist until now.

But I´m in contact with many Stonesfans in Germany and the Netherland. I saw 4 concerts in Germany

Munich
Düsseldorf
Berlin
Stuttgart

No Filter Tour 1917 and 1918.

I have the Trefflist T-Shirt you madethumbs up

SFM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-09-03 10:58 by Erhard51.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: September 3, 2019 12:11

Pilot Inn -- 2007

L-R Back row …..Pauly Wauly -- Beast -- Some Australian Guy -- Erik Snow -- Tim "Plexi" Bernardis ….

ROCKMAN

Date: September 3, 2019 14:08

Thanks for posting, Rockee. Good times. What was the title of that old movie, "The Best Years of Our Lives." That's how I feel about those days!! Ane especially that time at the Pilot Inn when I spilled that pitcher of beer on you!!

plexi

Posted by: ChrisL ()
Date: September 3, 2019 14:19

timbernardis
Thanks for posting, Rockee. Good times. What was the title of that old movie, "The Best Years of Our Lives." That's how I feel about those days!! Ane especially that time at the Pilot Inn when I spilled that pitcher of beer on you!!

plexi

Hopefully you all still have your hands, though. smiling smiley

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: September 3, 2019 15:57

Rockman

Ha! Thanks for posting this pic, Rockman. Tim acquired legendary status for that ingenious recording contraption, which was the talk of the town for years!

Not to mention the beer-spilling incident, which Tim almost succeeded in repeating in Chicago this year grinning smiley

That's a great article, anyhow - very enjoyable to read. Bravo, Tim!

Date: September 3, 2019 18:34

[addpics.com]

[addpics.com]

[addpics.com]

Plexi,

I hope you can see the T-Shirts. Can you enlarge?

SFM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-09-03 18:40 by Erhard51.

Date: September 3, 2019 19:04

Rockman

Pilot Inn -- 2007

L-R Back row …..Pauly Wauly -- Beast -- Some Australian Guy -- Erik Snow -- Tim "Plexi" Bernardis ….

That's me in the white baseball cap. I also have some good fotos from the pub. I must convert them to a web page and then I will try to post them.

plexi

Date: September 3, 2019 19:06

Beast
Rockman

Ha! Thanks for posting this pic, Rockman. Tim acquired legendary status for that ingenious recording contraption, which was the talk of the town for years!

Not to mention the beer-spilling incident, which Tim almost succeeded in repeating in Chicago this year grinning smiley

That's a great article, anyhow - very enjoyable to read. Bravo, Tim!

Yeah, and it was YOU, Beast, I spilled beer on this year, but only succeeded in hitting you with a few drops, unlike Rockman where I spilled a half pitcher onto his lap!

plexi

Date: September 4, 2019 03:13

Erhard51
[addpics.com]

[addpics.com]

[addpics.com]

Plexi,

SFM

Yes, I can see them. Glad to know you still have both of them. Do you wear them or are they a part of your "permanent" Stones collection or are they on "permanent exhibit" in your Stones room??!!

plexi

Posted by: Anastasia60 ()
Date: September 4, 2019 03:31

Well done Plexi! This just touches the surface of what the Stones are to us - to explain to colleagues why we see them time after time....
Well, a big part of that is this board and the amazing folks we've met over the years!
Meeting you for the first time at the St. Giles in London, then the Pilot Inn, then we had our behind-the-scenes adventure in Vegas, and seeing you, your wife & granddaughter in Santa Clara last month.

Meeting BV and Turd on the Run in a small pub in Frankfurt in 2007.
Meeting Beast, Marianner, Michael the Berliner, and the other great folks in Zurich in 2014, and the ensuing FUN at the Crowne Plaza, both in 2014 and 2017.
Meeting Mr. DDDD and Hairball, and seeing you and BV in Santa Clara in 2019

But no, you still can't have a copy of Keith flipping me off from Dusseldorf in 2014 smiling smiley

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: September 4, 2019 04:12

Anastasia60
Well done Plexi! This just touches the surface of what the Stones are to us - to explain to colleagues why we see them time after time....
Well, a big part of that is this board and the amazing folks we've met over the years!

But no, you still can't have a copy of Keith flipping me off from Dusseldorf in 2014 smiling smiley

Terrible with names (screen and otherwise) but can't forget that pic!!

Great meeting you and your wife (told ya I was bad w names cool smiley) in Santa Clara!!
Made the great show all the better winking smiley

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: September 4, 2019 04:33

MisterDDDD
Anastasia60

Terrible with names (screen and otherwise) but can't forget that pic!!

Great meeting you and your wife (told ya I was bad w names cool smiley) in Santa Clara!!
Made the great show all the better winking smiley

Ditto to all of the above, and that pic needs to be seen by everyone! smiling smiley

Date: September 4, 2019 09:35

Rockman

Pilot Inn -- 2007

On the left, next to Paul, is myself and the dude in the white shirt is ‘Midnight Messiah’ who doesn’t hang out on IORR anymore.

Nice one, Tim.......happy days!

Date: September 4, 2019 10:59

I thought that may well have been you MOWAT! Did you come over the pond to see any shows this time around? Who is the guy in the vest?

plexi

Date: September 4, 2019 12:21

timbernardis
I thought that may well have been you MOWAT! Did you come over the pond to see any shows this time around? Who is the guy in the vest?

plexi

We had booked for some shows on the original dates and then couldn't make the rearranged days, which was a shame as it looked like another amazing set of gigs. I have no idea who the guy in the vest is.....

Posted by: angee ()
Date: September 4, 2019 17:09

Great times, those shows, had the chance to spend a bit of time with some 'o youse, at Pilot Inn, the Savoy, and even at the shows, eh Rockeeee! Sorry we didn't get to meet, plexi.

Thx for all the pix!

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: Hound Dog ()
Date: September 4, 2019 18:24

Very cool, I live in Colorado Springs and actually ready this newspaper

Date: September 4, 2019 23:41

timbernardis
Erhard51
[addpics.com]

[addpics.com]

[addpics.com]

Plexi,

SFM

Yes, I can see them. Glad to know you still have both of them. Do you wear them or are they a part of your "permanent" Stones collection or are they on "permanent exhibit" in your Stones room??!!

plexi

Yes, I wear them sometimes and sometimes the shirts got a wash.smiling smiley But the shirts are also a part of my Stones Collection.smiling smiley

SFM (Erhard)

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: September 5, 2019 01:09

Oh, his name is Tim Bernardis. Always read it as Timber Nardis. smoking smiley

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: September 5, 2019 01:23

….. HHhhhaaaa

ROCKMAN

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: September 5, 2019 02:06

Wow - great article Tim! Thanks for sending me the link as I might have missed it. You sure have some interesting stones history to go along with your history degrees. I love the photo of you at the O2 with two pairs of glasses and the
colorful streamers - the backstory on the photo is even better. A classic.
—Tom

Date: September 5, 2019 04:01

Hound Dog

Do you have a hard copy that you could send me? It varies slightly from the online edition, and may possibly have different fotos. Let me know. Thanks.

plexi

Date: September 5, 2019 04:05

angee
Great times, those shows, had the chance to spend a bit of time with some 'o youse, at Pilot Inn, the Savoy, and even at the shows, eh Rockeeee! Sorry we didn't get to meet, plexi.

Thx for all the pix!

Have we never met, angee (IORR)/andee (Shidoobee)? Prolly not, but we did spend a fair amount of time on e mail and I think phone when you were interviewing folks for your book. But I never made it into the book, maybe a second edition???!!!

plexi

Posted by: shattered ()
Date: September 5, 2019 15:50

Hi Plexi: Did you sell all of those tickets for Denver that you worked so hard to get?

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: September 5, 2019 17:32

Koen

Me too, but I was too embarrassed to admit it.

Date: September 6, 2019 17:38

Hound Dog

Hey Hound Dog, a reminder on this, I want a hard copy, actually two if possible, of last Sunday's newspaper for my collection.

Can you get me a hard copy of the newspaper from that day? I will reimburse you. Please e mail me at tim_bernardis@hotmail.com.

plexi

Date: September 6, 2019 17:40

Koen

Very funny, how about Gonaddis?

plexi

Date: September 6, 2019 17:40

Aquamarine
Koen

Me too, but I was too embarrassed to admit it.

same question for you Mister Marine.

plexi

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1730
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home