Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Picture in Keith's dressing room
Posted by: beachbreak ()
Date: September 1, 2019 19:03

The big one on the "wall", the guy with glasses on and whiskey glass on the Mike stand?

Re: Picture in Keith's dressing room
Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: September 1, 2019 19:36

Jerry Lee Lewis.. I believe.

Posted by: Plink ()
Date: September 1, 2019 19:40

The Killer himself thumbs up

He & Keith go way back [www.youtube.com]

Posted by: Phil Good ()
Date: September 1, 2019 20:23

Plink

I really can't think of a video that I watched over the
years more than this one!
Can't remember when I saw it for the first time but since then I guess about a hundred times.
And don't miss "Whole lotta shakin ..." from that show. It's stunning too.

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: tomcasagranda ()
Date: September 1, 2019 21:44

Do you want to know the date ? It's from 1987, and it's the Wembley Country Festival at Wembley Arena. Jerry Lee was backed, as usual by Kenny Lovelace, and Linda Gail Lewis was also a backing vocalist, as was Phoebe, The Killer's daughter.

There's footage of the gig on youtube, I think.

Posted by: MrEcho ()
Date: September 1, 2019 23:03

MisterDDDD

That's the inner sleeve of Jerry Lee Lewis' "Rock & Roll Time" album from 2014. Keith plays on one track. [www.discogs.com]

Btw I think this is one of the Killer's best albums ever. Great songs, great sound (co-produced by Jim Keltner) and no "guest vocalists" (apart from Shelby Lynne singing one verse on one song). Jerry Lee Lewis even plays guitar on two songs. Much better than the duets albums "Last Man Standing" and "Mean Old Man", which made the Killer appear like a guest on his own albums.

Date: September 2, 2019 07:37

Phil Good
Plink

Can't remember when I saw it for the first time but since then I guess about a hundred times.

[www.youtube.com]

It is Keith at his best. Has he ever looked better? Sang harmony better? Sounded better, spoke better? It's also priceless when the Killer winks at Keith.
You're right Phil, that is unbeatable. Both of them in top form; also tight on the lyrics. What is interesting too is that Keith's solos ( all excellent) are each very different. Tailored to the song. he doesn't just lock into the rockbox in whatever key. The solo is "Shakin" especially is really good.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2019-09-02 07:47 by Palace Revolution 2000.

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: September 2, 2019 14:20

Yes, Keith on top form.
They both deserve the title 'Mr Rock'n Roll'.
Fantastic.

Date: September 2, 2019 14:52

MrEcho
MisterDDDD

That's the inner sleeve of Jerry Lee Lewis' "Rock & Roll Time" album from 2014. Keith plays on one track. [www.discogs.com]

Btw I think this is one of the Killer's best albums ever. Great songs, great sound (co-produced by Jim Keltner) and no "guest vocalists" (apart from Shelby Lynne singing one verse on one song). Jerry Lee Lewis even plays guitar on two songs. Much better than the duets albums "Last Man Standing" and "Mean Old Man", which made the Killer appear like a guest on his own albums.

Agreed; it's on the inner sleeve of Rock'n'Roll Time, but the actual gig is emblem 1987.

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: September 2, 2019 14:58

Good ol' Keith. Vilifies Brian, celebrates Jerry. confused smiley

Posted by: exhpart ()
Date: September 2, 2019 20:20

That was great. Never seen it before. Thank you for posting

Date: September 7, 2019 17:01

What is the song playing in the dressing room? It's cool.

I tried to look up the lyrics, no match.

The horns are awesome in that song (on Keith's Twitter).

Thanks if you know the title or artist.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-09-08 03:24 by beachbreak.

Posted by: Plink ()
Date: September 8, 2019 07:47

^^^

The song playing in Keith's dressing room is "Too Pooped to Pop" by Chuck Berry [www.youtube.com]

BTW, Thanks, Philgood, for the "Whole Lotta Shakin" link above. I've seen it many times but not lately - I needed that!

Posted by: keithsman ()
Date: September 8, 2019 11:31

Phil Good
Plink

[www.youtube.com]

Yes same here, i watch this show every now and then, it's at a time when the Stones weren't touring, as I've said many times before, we never got to see Keith when he was at his best, this is a time when Keith would have been incredible with the Stones, so hungry to play. 83'to 88' were lost years.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-09-08 11:34 by keithsman.

Posted by: Redhotcarpet ()
Date: September 8, 2019 12:26

His Majesty

Keith is not a great human being. Artist yes, he sure was but his jelousy/bitterness/ego/need to belittle Brian Jones is embarrassing to say the least.

Date: September 8, 2019 17:08

Thanks Plink!

Posted by: Phil Good ()
Date: September 8, 2019 18:28

Redhotcarpet
His Majesty

Keith is not a great human being. Artist yes, he sure was but his jelousy/bitterness/ego/need to belittle Brian Jones is embarrassing to say the least.

This thumbs up

Posted by: MartinB ()
Date: September 8, 2019 21:48

Redhotcarpet
His Majesty

Neither of us knows Keith the human being. So I would refrain of these judgements.

Date: September 22, 2019 19:48

Unless I misinterpreted, Keith in the video interview segment seems to suggest The Stones toured with Jerry Lee way back.
Is that right?

Date: September 23, 2019 13:16

I don't think Jerry Lee ever toured with the Stones. Bo Diddley and The Everly Brothers, yes.

I think the first time the Stones met The Killer was on an individual basis. Mick Jagger met him in 1972 at a Wembley Rock'n'Roll Revival gig. Ronnie met him, with Bryan Ferry, in 1977, or thereabouts. The picture was reproduced in Hellfire by Nick Tosches, one of the best ever rock biographies. Keith met him in 1983, but was more than familiar with not just his rock'n'roll recordings, but also his country stuff.

The Stones did their version of You Win Again, in 1978, based on the B Side to Great Balls of Fire from 1957. Likewise, Keith recorded one of the Killer's great country hits, She Still Comes Around, in 1977, while on bail after the Toronto bust.

Jerry Lee also resurfaced with the Stones circa 1993, as he fled to Dublin to escape the IRS, and recorded sessions with the Stones, but these were never released.

Circa 2006, Mick and Keith turned up on Last Man Standing, both contributing to country songs, and not rock'n'roll. Keith duetted on a re-recorded version of That Kind of Fool, which, initially, turned up on Odd Man In, a 1975 mixture of country, rockabilly, gospel by Jerry Lee. Mick re-recorded his own Evening Gown with Jerry Lee.

Date: September 23, 2019 22:28

At the beginning of the You Tube film, Jerry Lee infers he toured with The Stones and that they were the Opening Act. Early 60s?
Keith seems to agree (but then he would wouldn't he).

Posted by: StonedAsiaExile ()
Date: September 24, 2019 08:54

jlowe
At the beginning of the You Tube film, Jerry Lee infers he toured with The Stones and that they were the Opening Act. Early 60s?
Keith seems to agree (but then he would wouldn't he).

Not sure about JLL being opening act, but I seem to remember seeing a bill with the Stones and JLL together.

Posted by: Anthony80 ()
Date: September 24, 2019 09:46

Phil Good
Redhotcarpet
His Majesty

This thumbs up

Brian, to me, at the very least, couldn't handle fame (and I would never condemn him for that alone). However, I've never heard any of his partners, friends nor his (really) many children stick up for him.

We may owe a lot to Brian but I understand he really was quite a 5h1t.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1875
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home