Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4567891011121314Next
Current Page: 12 of 14
The Rolling Stones - Miami FL 30-August-2019
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: August 31, 2019 23:31

Rich Fury/Getty Images

The Rolling Stones - Miami FL 30-August-2019
Date: August 31, 2019 23:32

Rich Fury/Getty Images

Re: Miami show Friday 30-August-2019 live updates - The Rolling Stones No Filter Tour
Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: August 31, 2019 23:41

Repeat: Why were they 14 minutes late? They went on stage 21:29 instead of the usual 21:15. There were even info about 20:30. But that didn't happen.
Someone said Chuck was ill. Was that the reason?

Re: Miami show Friday 30-August-2019 live updates - The Rolling Stones No Filter Tour
Posted by: steffialicia ()
Date: August 31, 2019 23:43

5stringTele
I'm finding that some people didn't follow Mick's giant pythons joke.

He said that after watching the Weather Channel, he went out for a long walk, and he saw a lot of large iguanas. But then he started seeing large pythons. Then he said, "All I can say is, 'Send them back!"

Most in the audience laughed, some groaned, and some spewed steam out of their ears.

For people not from Florida and wouldn't know, iguanas are a native species, but the giant pythons are an invasive species that are invading and destroying Florida's habitats. People buy them as pets, then release them when they grow too large to care for.

What Mick failed to recognize is that most of those giant pythons were actually born here! Get a @#$%& clue, Mick!

Not really his point but let's not digress.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-08-31 23:44 by steffialicia.

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: August 31, 2019 23:44

Waiting for the rain to lighten and squeegeeing the stage.

Date: August 31, 2019 23:46

Stoneage
Someone said Chuck was ill.

Likely an "ill" advised attempt at humor.

Date: August 31, 2019 23:48

Thanks.

Posted by: bleedingman ()
Date: September 1, 2019 00:00

dnewton99
Got entire show except one Keith song on video from PIT2. Loads of fun closeups. I now have a playlist loaded on Youtube in set list order. Check out Gimme Shelter - the rain makes vid look super cool. Playlist for Miami here [www.youtube.com]

I really appreciate all the great videos that you and others have shared here. This is beautiful stuff. Almost like being there. Almost! Thanks.

Posted by: keithsman ()
Date: September 1, 2019 00:23

maumau
if you want goosebumps (if the stones still give that to you)
video: [youtu.be]

Yeah one of the best GS all tour, Keith strong here and i had to laugh when Ronnie tried to draw in the end of the song and Keith was having none of it, Charlie laughing his head off are the end. Also Keith kicks into JJF immediately before the crowd stop applauding hehe.

Posted by: Promoman2 ()
Date: September 1, 2019 00:48

Stoneage
Repeat: Why were they 14 minutes late? They went on stage 21:29 instead of the usual 21:15. There were even info about 20:30. But that didn't happen.

They needed this time to mob the stage after short heavy rainfall.

Posted by: thecitadel ()
Date: September 1, 2019 01:01

I saw Chuck this morning - he did not look ill to me.

Posted by: LazarusSmith ()
Date: September 1, 2019 01:05

Nikkei

Charlie just got word about the next tour

Charlie goin all Bob from Twin Peaks

Posted by: keithsman ()
Date: September 1, 2019 01:14

dnewton99
Got entire show except one Keith song on video from PIT2. Loads of fun closeups. I now have a playlist loaded on Youtube in set list order. Check out Gimme Shelter - the rain makes vid look super cool. Playlist for Miami here [www.youtube.com]

Oh man , thanks for this, incredible sound and picture quality, this made my night, thank you so much dnewton.

Posted by: JadedFaded ()
Date: September 1, 2019 04:27

Donna, how’d you keep your camera dry? Great videos!

Posted by: chevysales ()
Date: September 1, 2019 05:51

regarding the iguanas you failed to mention the current problem we have with them... its insane.

Date: September 1, 2019 12:26

Nice slide solo by Ronnie on Sweet Virginia thumbs up

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: September 1, 2019 12:40

keithsman
dnewton99

Oh man , thanks for this, incredible sound and picture quality, this made my night, thank you so much dnewton.
thumbs up
+1
thanks so much Donna, vibes soo good, mick gave it all he seemed happy and exhausted, keith's riffs furious and sapient at the same time, ronnie all over the place, amazing and moving show you reported to us
smileys with beer

Date: September 1, 2019 13:04

Lots of good pictures here. Please use one of them on the start site.

Posted by: dnewton99 ()
Date: September 1, 2019 16:15

My opinion on why they were late...
Seems like 3 things were going on.
1) There were tons of people still coming into the venue between 8:30 and 9:15.. I noticed the seats got much fuller in that period so could have been waiting a bit more for seats to fill up. I was afraid of half empty stadium but it was pretty full - a few sections had open seats but many areas were full.
2) Radar showed a very heavy downpour nearby - all red on the radar - maybe waiting for the torrential shower to pass?
3) It did rain just before the show and they had to not only mop the stage but several crew walked on the top of the clear stage roof and inspected.. Took a while to work that..

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-09-01 16:58 by dnewton99.

Posted by: dnewton99 ()
Date: September 1, 2019 16:17

Kept my camera dry using a rain poncho draped over my head plus draped part of poncho over the camera. The downpour at the end though got lens a bit blurry from wet.. seemed okay the next day.. Despite poncho my jeans were as completely soaked and dripping wet as were my sneakers.

Did someone spot IGGY POP in Miami?
Posted by: RawIguanaCologne ()
Date: September 1, 2019 16:14

I just wondered...

Posted by: Promoman2 ()
Date: September 1, 2019 23:55

Jumping Jack Flash [youtu.be]
Out of Control [youtu.be]
Under My Thumb [youtu.be]
Before They Make me Run [youtu.be]

Posted by: bv ()
Date: September 2, 2019 00:39

Stoneage

It rained heavily half an hour before they were supposed to be on stage. They waited out the heavy rain, spent 20 minutes on getting rid of stage water, worked on the plastic roof, which was not perfect (there was a frem member up there taping heavily), then 15 minutes of tuning up. I would not worry much about a 15 minutes delay. Those out ther in Abaco and Grand Bahamas Bahamas have much bigger worries right now...

Bjornulf

Out of Control Miami Hurricane Dorian Show
Posted by: fzv98d ()
Date: September 2, 2019 00:51

Starting to load my videos. Here is Out of Control. Did they play this anywhere else on the No Filter tour.

Out of Control in Miami

Re: Out of Control Miami Hurricane Dorian Show
Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: September 2, 2019 01:05

Yes they played Out Of Control at other shows.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: September 2, 2019 19:07

Stoneage

Think they heard rcfoxy was in route and they tried to give him as much time as possible to catch the show cool smiley

Haven't heard any updates from Richard.. heard he made last half of the show??
Waiting on a report spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Date: September 2, 2019 19:12

Here's a little clip of Brown Sugar. I will load Gimme Shelter next in its entirety from Pit 2 in the pouring rain.

Brown Sugar Miami

Date: September 2, 2019 19:32

Great show. Glad I was able to get an earlier flight. Lots of stress getting there earlier and getting out before Dorian. I ended up getting a rental car and driving 10 hours to Destin on Saturday then flying home at 7 am Sunday. The crowd in Miami seemed to be in no hurry to get to their seats I told my girl friend there was not the normal buzz from the crowd before a Stones concert. However the rain delay changed all that. The crowd did find their seats and started to get restless and the buzz was there. And I am amazed how full the stadium was. The delay also gave me time to have a few more beers and unwind get relaxed and in a better mind set for the show. My seats were covered so let it rain It was a special show and worth all the stress. If this is the last time I see them it was a prefect way to end. I hope it is not but Miami is in my top 5 all time shows

Long live The Rolling Stones.

And come back soon

Date: September 2, 2019 20:12

Gimme Shelter. Gives me chills. We were soaked by the end of this song. Love the looks at the end from Charlie and Mick.

Gimme Shelter Rain in Miami

Posted by: caschimann ()
Date: September 2, 2019 22:19

fzv98d
Gimme Shelter. Gives me chills. We were soaked by the end of this song. Love the looks at the end from Charlie and Mick.

Gimme Shelter Rain in Miami

The expression on Sasha's face is so great when Mick takes her hand to walk back to he main stage - even after so many times in the last 7 years she is up there with him to perform this song - she still smiles like the happiest girl on earth when it comes to this point.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4567891011121314Next
Current Page: 12 of 14

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1639
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home