Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Ronnie Wood - "The Band's Hands" Print Box Set
Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: August 30, 2019 20:45

On the other hand; if he likes to do this, if it gives him joy - why not? There is no harm in it. And I'm sure those who buy it are convinced they have made an investment.
Or even likes the art? The price? You can't go much lower. If you do it won't be considered art. Anyway it's not much more than two pit tickets...

Posted by: z ()
Date: August 30, 2019 20:58

Sebastian Krüger - Mojo Hands

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: August 30, 2019 22:10

WorriedAboutYou
Cooltoplady
WorriedAboutYou
Laughable. Almost as bad as Paul Stanley's efforts.
What’s bad about it Please explain

Do you mean what's bad about it apart from the fact that Ronnie can't draw hands? He has no understanding of anatomy, composition or even the very basics of art. You can see where he gets lost by the amount of fudging and indistinct washes and textures in his work. It's childlike. His work is tasteless and juvenile. At best he is a keen hobbyist with a lot to learn. It's utterly stupid that people buy this rubbish because the "artist" plays guitar in a band.

Where is your work? Another hateful and jealous person. WorriedAboutYou is your name? Maybe change it to WorriedAboutMyself

Posted by: Cooltoplady ()
Date: August 30, 2019 22:13

More Hot Rocks
WorriedAboutYou
Cooltoplady
WorriedAboutYou
Laughable. Almost as bad as Paul Stanley's efforts.
What’s bad about it Please explain

Do you mean what's bad about it apart from the fact that Ronnie can't draw hands? He has no understanding of anatomy, composition or even the very basics of art. You can see where he gets lost by the amount of fudging and indistinct washes and textures in his work. It's childlike. His work is tasteless and juvenile. At best he is a keen hobbyist with a lot to learn. It's utterly stupid that people buy this rubbish because the "artist" plays guitar in a band.

Where is your work? Another hateful and jealous person. WorriedAboutYou is your name? Maybe change it to WorriedAboutMyself

Hey Worried did your crayons break?

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: August 31, 2019 03:37

Needless to say, Ronnie will never be M.C. Escher, or even come close for that matter:

Posted by: clance65 ()
Date: August 31, 2019 04:20

I love it. A bit steep for me right now, but I’m grateful to have Wood On Canvas, The Diary w print, and the last Genesis book w the Mick drawing.

Yeah, I bought em cuz it’s Ronnie Wood & his stuff looks cool to me. Tbh, I’m not an art connoisseur. Ronnie Wood or Picasso? I’d sell the Picasso & buy Ronnie - Stones related stuff.

If I had the expendable $, I’d go for the Voodoo Lounge print from his website.

Posted by: marcovandereijk ()
Date: March 23, 2022 12:27

Talking about M.C. Escher:
Mick once wrote a letter to this famous artist, to inform about the possibilities
to use his art for an album cover.
Mr. Escher send a clear reply and was not too amused about Mr. Jaggers use of his first
name:

Just as long as the guitar plays, let it steal your heart away

Posted by: ronniewoody91 ()
Date: March 23, 2022 14:40

the value (monetary and idealistically) of art always lies in the eye of the beholder...personally, I do not see much reason to compare these pieces by Ronnie to other artists who also painted or drew hands because every artist has their own individual style and you might enjoy it or not.

There are people out there who claim that a toddler could do what Cy Twombly or Jackson Pollock did...it still is art and others might be willing to pay loads of money for it cause they enjoy looking at it. All that matters is that the artist is having fun paiting or drawing their pieces, as well as those who enjoy looking at them or buying them. Some people might prefer certain art styles to others and might love Rembrandt or Monet but hate Warhol or Picasso and this is totally alright but there is no reason to insult the artists for doing what they love

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: March 23, 2022 16:21

Nice that these appear to be life drawn and not just copied from other peoples' photos -- Ron's typical method.

My favorite of this set is the self-portrait. Most personal...
I like that you can see the process: how Ronnie first drew his partially open left hand and arm, then added the neck of the guitar... that's why you can see the hand through the neck of the guitar.
Stones logo fills the negative space nicely.

Don't stop drawing, Ron!

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2022-03-24 21:54 by schillid.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1648
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home