Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Re: Tropical storm Dorian warnings for Miami Florida this week-end
Date: August 29, 2019 14:25

Virgin Atlantic have just updated their flight bulletin to include Miami (previously only Orlando flights were affected) ....

Update - Adverse weather - Tropical storm Dorian - Florida
We need to let you know that due to Tropical Storm Dorian we are offering customers travelling to, from or through Orlando and Miami between 31 August and 2 September 2019, options to rebook to a later date or re-route via another gateway.

Posted by: steffialicia ()
Date: August 29, 2019 15:10

If show is on, is anyone by chance, driving over from the Sarasota/Tampa/Parrish area?

Posted by: rlj1010 ()
Date: August 29, 2019 15:45

As of this morning, they're still setting up the stage, not tearing it down.

[www.weatherbug.com]

Date: August 29, 2019 15:51

I just cant see it happening now. Cat 3 too many people trying to get out of town.

Tropical Force winds as early as Sunday morning so does that means no flights out starting Sunday Morning?

And a Cat 3 hurricane about to hit.

Too many people would be stuck if thats the case

Flights leaving the area are almost 3 times more now than they were 3 hours ago.

SAD SAD SAD for me. But reality is starting to set in.

Date: August 29, 2019 15:55

I predict a decision will be made after either the 11am or 5pm advisories today.

But as for right now, they are clearly still setting up, not tearing anything down. (They're installing the catwalk as we speak.)

Date: August 29, 2019 16:07

If the show still happens on Saturday night, anyone unable to travel should still be able to get a full Ticketmaster refund due to the original date change from April 20.

Date: August 29, 2019 16:11

If they do the show Saturday. What are the odds of getting out of town Sunday morning?

That is the question.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-08-29 16:12 by jumpontopofmebaby.

Date: August 29, 2019 16:13

that's a tough one... you may be stuck a day.

Posted by: angee ()
Date: August 29, 2019 16:23

I opted out. But I hope the show goes on!

Saturday evening forecast looking good right now, not even rain.

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: two4fun111 ()
Date: August 29, 2019 16:24

my guess is you won't get out before Tuesday ...at least that's what i'm planning for at this point.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: August 29, 2019 16:27

rlj1010
If the show still happens on Saturday night, anyone unable to travel should still be able to get a full Ticketmaster refund due to the original date change from April 20.

Unfortunately, not "anyone".
Lots of tickets were returned/or still unsold after the initial postponement, and those who purchased after the rescheduling would not be able to. Not to mention those who bought third party etc., as we saw in NO.

If they postpone a day or two and people can't make that (like NO), then most could get refunds.. again, except third party buyers.

Date: August 29, 2019 16:31

two4fun111
my guess is you won't get out before Tuesday ...at least that's what i'm planning for at this point.

Is this because you're flying? I'm driving across the state and south...about 230 miles each way.

Date: August 29, 2019 16:33

What a mess. My flight comes in Friday to Fort Lauerdale at Midnight. But leaves Tuesday 11:30 in the morning. If a Cat 3 and it hits close to where they are saying. I dont think the airport will be back in operation by Tuesday.

Thoughts on that?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2019-08-29 16:35 by jumpontopofmebaby.

Date: August 29, 2019 16:36

MisterDDDD
rlj1010

Lots of tickets were returned/or still unsold after the initial postponement, and those who purchased after the rescheduling would not be able to. Not to mention those who bought third party etc., as we saw in NO.

If they postpone a day or two and people can't make that (like NO), then most could get refunds.. again, except third party buyers.

That's actually a good point. I didn't really consider tickets purchased from drops after the postponement would be disqualified for a refund. Or resale sites. So yeah, you're right about that.

But if you bought tickets prior to the first postponement, and you bought them directly from Ticketmaster, you should still be able to get a hassle free refund.

Date: August 29, 2019 16:39

B-stage now coming in:

Date: August 29, 2019 16:44

rlj1010
MisterDDDD
rlj1010

That's actually a good point. I didn't really consider tickets purchased from drops after the postponement would be disqualified for a refund. Or resale sites. So yeah, you're right about that.

But if you bought tickets prior to the first postponement, and you bought them directly from Ticketmaster, you should still be able to get a hassle free refund.

If they do reschedule then they will refund. And if you are like me and paid big bucks for good seats. And you still plan on going then you can more than likely buy better or equal seats for a lower price and refund the seats you originally purchased. And that is exactly what I did in Houston.

Date: August 29, 2019 16:49

steffialicia
two4fun111

Is this because you're flying? I'm driving across the state and south...about 230 miles each way.

Correctamundo

Date: August 29, 2019 16:59

two4fun111

So you plans to ride out the hurricane!

My guess still would be. If you can’t fly out Monday morning you could get stuck there several days

Date: August 29, 2019 17:09

just received this in my email for what it's worth:

Saturday, August 31 / Hard Rock Stadium

Greetings Stones Fan!

You purchased Lucky Dip tickets for The Rolling Stones show August 31 at Hard Rock Stadium. Here’s what you need to know:

As part of the general on sale, a limited number of Lucky Dip tickets were sold at a special low price. The ticket locations are throughout the venue, including Side View, Upper Level and the No Filter Pit. You and your guest will find out your seat/location when you pick up your tickets the night of the show.

We will be using strict anti-scalper measures to ensure these tickets go to Stones fans and don’t end up on the resale market with wildly inflated prices.

We appreciate your attention to the following, so you have the best experience possible:

• You and your guest must pick up the tickets in person from North-East Floodgate Entrance.

• Box Office pick up time starts at 6:00pm.
• Picture ID, your confirmation number, and the credit card used to purchase the tickets are required for pick up. Without these things, you will not be able to pick up your tickets.
• If we suspect any reselling or transfer of these tickets they will be immediately voided and will not be entitled to a refund.

See you at the show!

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: August 29, 2019 17:22

I have a 3,800 dollar deductible and my Home Owner's insurance is in effect. Hopefully the Cone of probability will be reduced during next air surveillance -

Posted by: Spartan01 ()
Date: August 29, 2019 17:27

Don't know how people think the show could happen Sunday night or even Monday. If they can't go on Saturday, it will be at least Tuesday before the show goes on...if at all.

Ever been through a hurricane before? It doesn't hit Sunday morning and clear out 6 hours later. This will be a multiple day storm.

Best hope is that it continues to slow, the show goes on as scheduled, and everyone can get out of town on Sunday.

Date: August 29, 2019 17:34

Spartan01
Don't know how people think the show could happen Sunday night or even Monday. If they can't go on Saturday, it will be at least Tuesday before the show goes on...if at all.

Ever been through a hurricane before? It doesn't hit Sunday morning and clear out 6 hours later. This will be a multiple day storm.

Best hope is that it continues to slow, the show goes on as scheduled, and everyone can get out of town on Sunday.

Exactly - plan on driving the 90 mile turnpike trip and return north around 1:30-2:30 without facing any treacherous weather on way home. The trip is a straight shot both ways as the stadium and my home are in close proximity of the Florida Turn Pike.

Date: August 29, 2019 17:48

Spartan01

The earliest I can get a flight out is 9:00 am Sunday!

Should I stay or should I go!

Date: August 29, 2019 17:49

Chris Fountain
Spartan01

Exactly - plan on driving the 90 mile turnpike trip and return north around 1:30-2:30 without facing any treacherous weather on way home. The trip is a straight shot both ways as the stadium and my home are in close proximity of the Florida Turn Pike.

I'd be totally shocked if they tried to postpone until Tuesday...up to half of the concert goers would be screwed with travel arrangements in my opinion

Date: August 29, 2019 17:50

jumpontopofmebaby
Spartan01

You're asking the wrong person. Yes, it will be a major pain in the ass but so worth it for two plus hours.

Date: August 29, 2019 17:54

steffialicia
jumpontopofmebaby
Spartan01

You're asking the wrong person. Yes, it will be a major pain in the ass but so worth it for two plus hours.

Just need it to slow down a bit so I can get the hell out of Florida!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2019-08-29 17:55 by jumpontopofmebaby.

Date: August 29, 2019 17:56

Holy Moly....now saying Cat 4 when it hits land!

Date: August 29, 2019 17:57

jumpontopofmebaby
Holy Moly....now saying Cat 4 when it hits land!

Damn this is not good Cat 4 = Catastrophic

Posted by: JDSAM1994 ()
Date: August 29, 2019 18:05

Keep in mind this is an NFL stadium not a Rolling Stones stadium. The Dolphins first game is Sunday 9/8. It's a blessing we even got this tour in this summer with stadium availability. The NFL isn't going to want them to play a concert mid week after the Hurricane when Dolphins opening day is only a few days later. I think it's Saturday or nothing.

Date: August 29, 2019 18:10

there's also a soccer match scheduled for fri sept 6.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1787
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home