Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...345678910111213Next
Current Page: 12 of 13
Re: Tropical storm Dorian warnings for Miami Florida this week-end
Posted by: shattered ()
Date: August 30, 2019 04:18

bitusa2012
THE POWER AND PULL OF BV ON FULL DISPLAY HERE :-)

Papers announce it.
Twitter announce it.
Ticketmaster announce it.
The Stones announce it..

...yet some say "but what does BV say?" Intimating IF HE DOESN'T tell us - it's NOT TRUE!!!

Tongue in cheek...but...I hope everyone manages things and I hope everyone keeps/travels safe and enjoys the final US show on this run, I AM ENVIOUS !

bit! They will head your way.

Posted by: rlj1010 ()
Date: August 30, 2019 06:09

The 11pm track really sucks. Now they think it's heading closer to South Florida than previously thought. Closer to Palm Beach area.

Posted by: 5stringTele ()
Date: August 30, 2019 06:14

^^ Posted here for the new page. The Rolling Stones can stop by to kiss South Florida goodbye, because it might not be here 5 days from now.

Auto-updating forecast map from the National Hurricane Center.

Date: August 30, 2019 06:43

rlj1010
The 11pm track really sucks. Now they think it's heading closer to South Florida than previously thought. Closer to Palm Beach area.

Hey man. You have been a ton of help. I truly hope you are not in the storms path

Posted by: bv ()
Date: August 30, 2019 06:44

Chris Fountain
There is Wi-Fi on airplanes now. Rolling Stones.com is reporting nothing. Twitter tweets is not quite good enough. Need official word. Some people have to work tomorrow, change Flights, etc.. we need more evidence.

Not always. Certainly not on Southwest from PHX to FLL today.

Bjornulf

Posted by: sarahunwin ()
Date: August 30, 2019 06:47

2120Joe
I was just treated incredibly well by StubHub. I bought expensive tickets last week. Received today’s email of date change and saying sell ticket if can’t attend-StubHub not responsible. Ticket prices now for Friday have tanked. I called them and was told to wait an hour and they’d call back. 2 hours later and long after I assumed I was stuck, they called and 100% refunded my order!

Stubhub customer service is cool.

Posted by: Spartan01 ()
Date: August 30, 2019 09:06

Has anyone figured out how to refund their tickets via Ticketmaster? There are better seats than what I have for quite a bit less money than I paid. Would love to refund and re-purchase.

I have looked in "My Account" and "My Orders." I cannot figure this out. Clearly a lot of other people have when I look at whats available.

Thank you.

Posted by: Spartan01 ()
Date: August 30, 2019 09:08

Alright. I found this. Still this is exactly what I have been trying and I cannot see a "Refunds" button anywhere.

"How to request a Refund in My Account
Sign into My Account and select your order to view your tickets
Click the "Refund" button
Select the tickets you'd like to submit a refund for
Review the details and submit
Refunds should be received within 7-10 business days"

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: August 30, 2019 10:38

Call TM or use the online chat option, they will be able to assist you. Seems that the Request Refund button hasn't appeared for some orders due to a technical glitch.

Posted by: GlimmerGirl24 ()
Date: August 30, 2019 12:02

It took 12 hours - but I finally was able to change my flight home from Sunday to Saturday at no additional cost. I will be at the concert. smiling smiley

Posted by: rlj1010 ()
Date: August 30, 2019 15:13

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-08-30 20:27 by rlj1010.

Posted by: glmmr_twn ()
Date: August 30, 2019 15:17

sarahunwin
2120Joe
I was just treated incredibly well by StubHub. I bought expensive tickets last week. Received today’s email of date change and saying sell ticket if can’t attend-StubHub not responsible. Ticket prices now for Friday have tanked. I called them and was told to wait an hour and they’d call back. 2 hours later and long after I assumed I was stuck, they called and 100% refunded my order!

Stubhub customer service is cool.

Great to know! Should've bought my tix from them. Bought TM resale. They wouldn't refund. Planned to get refund on expensive tix and buy cheap ones. Drat!

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: August 30, 2019 17:53

Koen
Dorian is going to slice Florida in half before re-emerging in the Gulf of Mexico. There it will strengthen and hit the southern US for a second time. sad smiley

Can't re-emerge into the Gulf since it's never been in the Gulf!

Date: August 30, 2019 17:57

THE SHOW MUST GO ON!

Ha ha! Love it!

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: August 30, 2019 18:50

GasLightStreet
Koen
Dorian is going to slice Florida in half before re-emerging in the Gulf of Mexico. There it will strengthen and hit the southern US for a second time. sad smiley

Ok, smart alec, you win.

Posted by: 5stringTele ()
Date: August 30, 2019 19:01

The 11:00am advisory predicts a landfall about 10 miles north of Mar-a-Lago in the early morning hours on Tuesday, with maximum sustained winds of 140 mph, and gusts up to 165 mph.

Be safe, everybody!

Posted by: bengigan ()
Date: August 30, 2019 19:57

I couldn't get a reasonable flight out of Miami so I fly from Atlanta Saturday night and got a one-way car rental.

I'm leaving Saturday morning if anyone needs a ride out of Florida
bengigan@hotmail.com

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: August 30, 2019 20:20

Koen
GasLightStreet
Koen

Ok, smart alec, you win.

One of the things you learn after spending time on this board is to be very careful when using any word beginning with "re-" anywhere around GasLightStreet.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: August 30, 2019 20:25

Green Lady
Koen
GasLightStreet
Koen

Ok, smart alec, you win.

One of the things you learn after spending time on this board is to be very careful when using any word beginning with "re-" anywhere around GasLightStreet.

I refuse

Date: August 30, 2019 21:32

Be safe! And enjoy the show

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: August 30, 2019 21:40

Upgraded to a category 3 hurricane and predicted to be a cat 4 when it makes landfall! Stay safe everyone!

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: August 30, 2019 22:40

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-09-01 02:27 by Koen.

Date: August 30, 2019 23:23

treaclefingers
Green Lady
Koen
GasLightStreet
Koen

Ok, smart alec, you win.

I refuse

I pre-resemble that.

Posted by: keithsman ()
Date: August 30, 2019 23:31

Hairball
keithsman
... Keith who had a bad night last show because he wasn't well.

Keith wasn't well? And somehow you know this?
A bad night? Lol....

Does this look like a man who was unwell?
No it doesn't, in fact it's one of the best pics of Keith I've seen this tour and he played his ass off from start to finish!

Posted by bye bye johnny in Glendale thread
photo: Michael Chow

How could i know, how should i know, and yet, i know.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: August 31, 2019 00:58

You know nothing.

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: August 31, 2019 02:10

keithsman
Hairball
keithsman
... Keith who had a bad night last show because he wasn't well.

Keith wasn't well? And somehow you know this?
A bad night? Lol....

Does this look like a man who was unwell?
No it doesn't, in fact it's one of the best pics of Keith I've seen this tour and he played his ass off from start to finish!

Posted by bye bye johnny in Glendale thread
photo: Michael Chow

How could i know, how should i know, and yet, i know.

Like you supposedly knew when Keith was sloppy drunk during recent shows and immediately suggest he's "fallen of the wagon" or something? You're projecting

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: August 31, 2019 02:56

And he also "knew" that Mick's heart valve issue and subsequent surgery was due to steroid use.
Almost makes you want to laugh at his fabrications, but then you remember that someone else labeled him "the village idiot" and you sort of feel sorry for him.
Again, he knows nothing other than maybe his warped imagination.

Posted by: keithsman ()
Date: August 31, 2019 10:35

Hairball
And he also "knew" that Mick's heart valve issue and subsequent surgery was due to steroid use.
Almost makes you want to laugh at his fabrications, but then you remember that someone else labeled him "the village idiot" and you sort of feel sorry for him.

Why are you putting words in my mouth, as if i would say i knew why Mick needed surgery, it was a suggestion, a possibility that i myself said was highlying unlikely, for some reason though you keep wanting to bring the subject up.
As for Keith I'm his greatest suporter, he's had a brilliant tour and improved with every show.
There were reviews however that he wasn't moving much second to last show, some reviews suggesting he wasn't 100% and that they thought he might not be well, I didn't say he played poorly or anything like that, he's a professional and he knows how to get through a gig.
You labelled me the village idiot BTW.
Hope you guys had a great tour too cheers and gone.

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: August 31, 2019 10:47

Now you're referring to reviews, first it was "I know because I know" Making up unnecessary excuses for him all the time doesn't really constitute support. You're stuck with some 90s image of Keith, yet act like you're "reading" him somehow. When you do give him credit it rings just as false. And that one time when there was legitimate reason for concern you went like "stage spotlights make it look like that" or "that's just the color pattern of these pants" "even if it happened, let's sweep it under the rug" si tacuisses...

Posted by: Straycat13 ()
Date: August 31, 2019 15:51

keithsman
Hairball

Why are you putting words in my mouth, as if i would say i knew why Mick needed surgery, it was a suggestion, a possibility that i myself said was highlying unlikely, for some reason though you keep wanting to bring the subject up.
As for Keith I'm his greatest suporter, he's had a brilliant tour and improved with every show.
There were reviews however that he wasn't moving much second to last show, some reviews suggesting he wasn't 100% and that they thought he might not be well, I didn't say he played poorly or anything like that, he's a professional and he knows how to get through a gig.
You labelled me the village idiot BTW.
Hope you guys had a great tour too cheers and gone.
Hey, keithsman, I had the same impression. Keith seemed subdued at Glendale. I noticed he was more energized with the Argentines in Miami. People have good days and bad days. He’s a trooper and goes “on with the show” however he’s feeling. But I agree with your impression. He played through whatever had him subdued. Maybe it was the heat, or something he ate, or just tired or achey, or heard bad news or had a fight with someone. But he didn’t move much or smile big much. He’s probably not an “actor”, and what you see is what you get.

It looks like this thread about the storm brewing is coming after you, so time to get out of Dodge and move on to higher ground. There are much bigger problems in the world right now. Peace be with you.

I hope the people will be safe in FL. Safe travels, everyone.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...345678910111213Next
Current Page: 12 of 13

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1787
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home