Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 2 of 13
Re: Tropical storm Dorian warnings for Miami Florida this week-end
Date: August 28, 2019 00:09

rlj1010
Latest 5pm track is predicting even further north... landfall around Cocoa Beach/Melbourne area.

Is that like good news / bad news if you are flying in late Friday night?

It will be moving faster then expected so might effect flights on Friday and Friday night?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-08-28 00:43 by jumpontopofmebaby.

Date: August 28, 2019 00:11

5stringTele
While it looks encouraging, we're not out of the woods yet. This thing could literally "go south" on us and make one big mess.

The most important thing to do is keep an eye on the situation. Anybody who has to travel to get here should think through a contingency plan. If you have a backup plan, you'll be in a better position to deal with whatever Mother Nature throws at us.

With a little luck, Mick can blow Dorian a kiss from the stage as she passes by on Saturday.

No matter the case I am hoping the move until Sunday. Especially if there were less chance of any rain.

Posted by: rlj1010 ()
Date: August 28, 2019 00:14

If you're flying in on Friday, I think Dorian is going to be far enough over the ocean, away from Florida that your flight should be safe.

But its obviously a very fluid situation and things can change fast.

Any chance of you getting an earlier flight and coming in Thursday instead?

Posted by: 5stringTele ()
Date: August 28, 2019 00:15

It will almost certainly rain. A couple of words of advice to anybody traveling here:

- Bring a good rain poncho

- Bring clear plastic ziplock bags for your cellphones and cameras

Posted by: bv ()
Date: August 28, 2019 00:15

The Rolling Stones have a crew and people organized around the Miami show with more than one hundred people. They are scheduled to be there on show day Saturday August 31. Then they are going on with other plans, home, other bookings etc, the next day i.e. Sunday Sept. 1.

The New Orleans show was postponed by one day during the ongoing tour, while the Miami show is the last show of the tour. I think the chance of the show being canceled is much higher than being rescheduled, if the hurrican force them out of the date on Saturday.

Still no worries, the storm will most probably go somewhere else, and they will perform at a wet but still safe Miami stadium on Saturday Aug 31, that is my prediction, until we get more info later this week.

Bjornulf

Date: August 28, 2019 00:19

rlj1010
If you're flying in on Friday, I think Dorian is going to be far enough over the ocean, away from Florida that your flight should be safe.

But its obviously a very fluid situation and things can change fast.

Any chance of you getting an earlier flight and coming in Thursday instead?

Not for me. I am buried at work and would just need top go ahead and pack up my belongings if I took off all day Friday!

Posted by: keefmick ()
Date: August 28, 2019 00:27

That is very distressing BV! I was certain that since it is the last show it would be easy to move it a day or two. Hadn't considered the crew issue at all. Oops! Well, hopefully the show will go on Saturday and everyone will be dry (is that possible?) and safe!

I still have a hard time believing the Stones would miss the revenue opportunity of a sold out show over some crew members that have to leave. How many really would have to leave b/c of other commitments in the next couple of days? And how much could it cost to pay those extra couple days vs. the amount of money they could have made and have to refund if there is no show. All very hard to figure out. Time will tell I guess. BV, can you tell us if you have info that if show can't go on on Saturday that it will be cancelled and not rescheduled or is that what your instincts (which always seem to be correct!) are telling you?

Date: August 28, 2019 00:36

bv
The Rolling Stones have a crew and people organized around the Miami show with more than one hundred people. They are scheduled to be there on show day Saturday August 31. Then they are going on with other plans, home, other bookings etc, the next day i.e. Sunday Sept. 1.

The New Orleans show was postponed by one day during the ongoing tour, while the Miami show is the last show of the tour. I think the chance of the show being canceled is much higher than being rescheduled, if the hurrican force them out of the date on Saturday.

Still no worries, the storm will most probably go somewhere else, and they will perform at a wet but still safe Miami stadium on Saturday Aug 31, that is my prediction, until we get more info later this week.

The show being cancelled instead of being postponed if weather did not allow?

Is that fact or your opinion.

Knowing that would be a game changer for sure.

Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: August 28, 2019 00:37

And a postponed show means less spectators in the end : "only" 35,000 in New Orleans.

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Date: August 28, 2019 00:39

If some crew members are unable to alter their schedules, perhaps the Hells Angels are available to pick up the slack.

Date: August 28, 2019 00:39

powerage78
And a postponed show means less spectators in the end : "only" 35,000 in New Orleans.

I am sure there would be less. But if moved to Sunday with Monday being a holiday that might help in some cases and allow more people to stay..

Date: August 28, 2019 00:40

rlj1010
If some crew members are unable to alter their schedules, perhaps the Hells Angels are available to pick up the slack.

rlj...can you operate a spot light!

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: August 28, 2019 00:49

It just rained 1.0 inches in my backyard - Not Hurricane related. Three lightening Strikes with Rumble.

90 miles from stadium and not hurricane related.

Date: August 28, 2019 00:53

I think Hard Rock stadium will still be full, even if it gets postponed. Even if as many as 5,000 opt to take refunds instead of going to a new date, there are thousands more fans who would happily take their place. This show is VERY sold out and the crazy high resale prices for this date reflect that. So that would be some good news for fans waiting for an opportunity to get in at lower prices, if cancellation seats become available.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-08-28 00:55 by rlj1010.

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: August 28, 2019 01:05

rlj1010
I think Hard Rock stadium will still be full, even if it gets postponed. Even if as many as 5,000 opt to take refunds instead of going to a new date, there are thousands more fans who would happily take their place. This show is VERY sold out and the crazy high resale prices for this date reflect that. So that would be some good news for fans waiting for an opportunity to get in at lower prices, if cancellation seats become available.

Great critical thinking! Of, course as a Lucky Dipper this rings music to ma hears!!

Posted by: MKjan ()
Date: August 28, 2019 01:13

rlj1010

You’d have to track down what’s left of the Deads management to find that out.

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: August 28, 2019 01:17

jumpontopofmebaby
bv

The show being cancelled instead of being postponed if weather did not allow?

Is that fact or your opinion.

Knowing that would be a game changer for sure.

Well, he says "I think"--I don't think anybody can know for sure at this point, unfortunately.

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: August 28, 2019 02:05

Even if the eye won’t go through Miami, the weather will still be pretty bad.

Posted by: two4fun111 ()
Date: August 28, 2019 02:14

bv
The problem with hurricanes is that they may grow in strengt over water, or slow down and get weaker over land. If other places in the Carribean are taking the hit then it may get slower and change directions, but we would not know until later this week.

I assume for the Stones it is business as usual, until otherwise told. Some time, before people start coming in, by Friday or so, they need to talk to city officials in Miami and discuss if it is safe to do a show.

New Orleans had the problem with flooding, which in itself is a big issue. Miami will be wet anyway, but they can't bring people to a show if the city is anywhere near a hurricate situation.

Today is Tuesday. We will know a lot more in two days, by Thursday, I don't think there is any point in worrying too much until then.

I think we’ll know by Wednesday evening from what I’m reading about the critical point.

Posted by: DrFixembones ()
Date: August 28, 2019 02:42

Again, nobody really knows where this hurricane or tropical storm will go, it can literally change course within an hour. We’re going to be getting rain during that time, it would be very frustrating to hear the Rolling Stones canceled his show. I can tell you from someone who lives in Miami, they are the talk of the town. Monday or Tuesday would be good for them to move it until and I’m sure that they could find a way

Posted by: bv ()
Date: August 28, 2019 02:44

I would not worry at all. The show is on until it is off. Why worry? We will know more in two days. The chance of two out of seventeen shows on a tour being bothered by hurricanes is slim if you run it through a computer, even if they are in a hurricane season. Meanwhile, just relax and we will be fine.

Bjornulf

Posted by: DrFixembones ()
Date: August 28, 2019 02:58

bv
I would not worry at all. The show is on until it is off. Why worry? We will know more in two days. The chance of two out of seventeen shows on a tour being bothered by hurricanes is slim if you run it through a computer, even if they are in a hurricane season. Meanwhile, just relax and we will be fine.

Where are you staying?

Date: August 28, 2019 03:06

Anybody who was in Florida for the 2005 hurricane season knows painfully well that computer generated statistics don't mean shit. Two hurricanes during hurricane season? That really sounds uninformed. In 2005, they made it all of the way to the W storm (Wilma).

And by the same token, anybody who was in Florida during the 2004 hurricane season remembers that the Category 2 Hurricane Charlie was a day or two out of Tampa when it took a hard right and intensified to a Category 4 at landfall -- all in a matter of a few hours (and a day or two early).

Nobody should panic, but nobody should just relax just yet. We're not out of the woods yet.

Posted by: two4fun111 ()
Date: August 28, 2019 03:39

If this updated bottom graph stays consistent, I don’t see the show happening Saturday. But my bourbon glass is half full.

[www.nhc.noaa.gov]

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: August 28, 2019 03:52

Good luck to everyone going and those there.

When the tour had to be postponed, then NO had to be rescheduled, I kept thinking of the old adage that bad things come in threes.. Hoping this isn't the third thing on this tour. Sounds like perhaps at worst this may have to be postponed a day or so, but I don't personally think they would cancel if they could make it work on Mon. or Tues.

Seems they really worked hard, and succeeded, at fulfilling their commitments for all the shows.. doubt that changes cool smiley

Posted by: Stonesdude ()
Date: August 28, 2019 04:49

I agree with BV. Don’t get to worked up yet. We are flying in Friday from San Antonio and expect to see a show. It it rains i have ponchos.

Safe travels everyone.

Posted by: IgotDbluez ()
Date: August 28, 2019 05:27

We are staying with relatives in the West Palm Beach area but want to stay somewhere closer the night of the show. I just booked a refundable extra night (Sunday) just in case they move the show to Sunday. Will do the same if it ends up being Monday night.

Now, just hoping to find 3 tickets when we get there!

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: August 28, 2019 05:51

powerage78

The stage set up allowed "only" 35000. That's to do with ticket sales, not a "hurricane".

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: August 28, 2019 05:53

Chris Fountain
It just rained 1.0 inches in my backyard - Not Hurricane related. Three lightening Strikes with Rumble.

90 miles from stadium and not hurricane related.

There are no hurricanes present in the Atlantic Basin.

And it's lightning, not lightening, which means something completely different.

Date: August 28, 2019 06:10

There will be a hurricane off the coast of Florida at show time. It's now projected to make landfall in Florida as a Category 1 with sustained winds of 80mph and gusts over 100mph. If it follows the center line of the projected path (very unlikely), it will be a little over 200 miles east of the concert.

People making travel plans for Sunday need to be prepared for what could be a volatile situation. People in South Florida can keep their fingers crossed -- but for a lot more luck than just the concert.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 2 of 13

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1710
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home