Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456789Next
Current Page: 8 of 9
Re: Glendale show 26-August-2019 live updates - The Rolling Stones No Filter Tour
Posted by: caschimann ()
Date: August 28, 2019 10:36

Benjiboy13
I have a fantastic lucky report from this show-- me and a fellow IORR member both live and actually work together out here in PHX, so we each bought a pair of Lucky Dips. I've lucky dipped 3 times the last few years and never turned up anything too great, and she did LD at pasadena last week after we both booked last minute flights, hotels, etc and was all the way at the top of the rose bowl side stage. Needless to say we were REALLY hoping to get lucky.

I had a friend going with me for my pair who flew in from Washington DC and had never seen the stones before despite being a big fan. I tried telling her, I'm not a lucky guy (when I gamble or do things with "luck" I typically don't win). However, she kept saying she was feeling the good vibes and juju...

Anyway, my IORR friend picked up her lucky dips first and was side stage again, so a bit of a bummer because we obviously wanted and hoped for something a little closer with the way this show was selling. I was a few minutes behind in picking my tix up so I saw her walking away from the ticket booth and wished her and her concert partner (who hadn't seen them since 1994) a great show as they went for the security line to get in.

I roll up to the window with my first timer friend and we obviously show the lady ID, etc. Since my name starts with an A she has to go all the way over to a different part of the ticket area, so we are standing there for quite a few minutes. She comes back and gives us our lucky dip wristbands smiling and says, enjoy the show as she passes us our envelope. Again, I'm not a lucky guy so my expectations are not high, but my friend from DC is feeling good still. So I let her take the tickets to open them.

We walk away and look and... Wallah!!! Pit 1 !!!!! We couldn't believe it. My DC friend and I start immediately celebrating... However, right as we are jumping for joy, we realize something: THE LADY AT THE TICKET COUNTER GAVE US TWO ENVELOPES, EACH WITH A PAIR OF TWO PIT 1 TICKETS!!

Immediately, I go to call my IORR friend / coworker hoping she wasn't in the stadium already, but as I go to do this, it turns out she was literally right next to us and saw us celebrate. I guess the line to get through security was super long, so she hadn't gotten in yet. Anyway, all 4 of us end up in Pit 1, just a couple people off the catwalk and about 8-10 rows back, with great sightlines and company. Couldn't believe it. Don't know if it was intentional or a mistake from the lady at the ticket counter, but it was the craziest lucky story.

On top of that, get this-- my IORR friend says her concert partner was looking at their original side stage lucky dip tix and the seat numbers while waiting in the security line. Her friend picked the ticket of the two with the seat number 13 saying "I'll take 13 because it's my lucky number" -- and RIGHT as she said that, I pulled the 4 pit tickets and they saw us, and we all get pit together. Not only that, but 13 is MY lucky number (wore it throughout playing sports) so I have to believe there was some rock and roll higher power at play here.

Lastly, when we were in the pit, there was a younger guy in his 20's who bought he and his mom a pit ticket as neither one had ever seen the stones before, let alone that close. They were so excited to see them and were having a blast the whole show... well... during Start Me Up, Ronnie tossed out one of his picks and there was a big scramble by everyone in the area...but the guy's mom caught the pick! They were on cloud 9. It was so awesome. And I caught it on video!

Amazing time. This is why it's all worth it!!

Benjiboy13! What a great positive energy in this post!

Re: Glendale show 26-August-2019 live updates - The Rolling Stones No Filter Tour
Posted by: Straycat13 ()
Date: August 28, 2019 16:33

I liked when Mick said, “Who comes to AZ in Aug?!”

And, that was so cool when he went behind Charlie’s drum kit!!! Charlie had a big smile on his face after a look of sheer terror. Lol

“Sad,Sad,Sad, But, your gonna be fine!” replays in my head.

Still watching the replays.

Thank you, thank you, thank you, Rolling Stones!!! If you have to delay Miami, you’re all invited to my house for tea at three.

Posted by: DEmerson ()
Date: August 28, 2019 17:39

I also really enjoyed Kaleo - very impressive.
Show #3 of this tour for me, and #39 overall. As usual, what can you say - Greatest Rock and Roll Band in the World!

I liked the Stadium too - almost felt more like a big arena, than a football stadium. Great few days in beautiful AZ (Monument Valley, a quick drive through the Grand Canyon, then a night in stunning Sedona). HOT though does not begin to DEscribe it - like having a hair dryer blasting at you.

Posted by: kv2915 ()
Date: August 28, 2019 17:47

Between Mile High, the Rose Bowl and Glendale, I thought AZ had the best venue for ease of navigation, fascilities etc...but the heat was brutal and a buzzkill for tailgating or mingling with other fans. The original May show would have been perfect.

Great August for me seeing 3 shows when I only planned on one. Thanks to benjiboy13 for helping make it all happen!

Posted by: JadedFaded ()
Date: August 28, 2019 19:46

hockenheim95
JadedFaded
Anybody know who the guy in the Lakers shirt was who was in the security aisle by pit 1?

Should be Chucky Klapow, Micks dance teacher.

Thanks, that had to be who he was. He kept running back and forth filming Mick with his phone and smiling like crazy. I guess he was proud of his star pupil. Mick’s dancing was incredible.

Posted by: Mojoworkin ()
Date: August 28, 2019 20:03

Benjiboy13
I have a fantastic lucky report from this show-- me and a fellow IORR member both live and actually work together out here in PHX, so we each bought a pair of Lucky Dips. I've lucky dipped 3 times the last few years and never turned up anything too great, and she did LD at pasadena last week after we both booked last minute flights, hotels, etc and was all the way at the top of the rose bowl side stage. Needless to say we were REALLY hoping to get lucky.

I had a friend going with me for my pair who flew in from Washington DC and had never seen the stones before despite being a big fan. I tried telling her, I'm not a lucky guy (when I gamble or do things with "luck" I typically don't win). However, she kept saying she was feeling the good vibes and juju...

Anyway, my IORR friend picked up her lucky dips first and was side stage again, so a bit of a bummer because we obviously wanted and hoped for something a little closer with the way this show was selling. I was a few minutes behind in picking my tix up so I saw her walking away from the ticket booth and wished her and her concert partner (who hadn't seen them since 1994) a great show as they went for the security line to get in.

I roll up to the window with my first timer friend and we obviously show the lady ID, etc. Since my name starts with an A she has to go all the way over to a different part of the ticket area, so we are standing there for quite a few minutes. She comes back and gives us our lucky dip wristbands smiling and says, enjoy the show as she passes us our envelope. Again, I'm not a lucky guy so my expectations are not high, but my friend from DC is feeling good still. So I let her take the tickets to open them.

We walk away and look and... Wallah!!! Pit 1 !!!!! We couldn't believe it. My DC friend and I start immediately celebrating... However, right as we are jumping for joy, we realize something: THE LADY AT THE TICKET COUNTER GAVE US TWO ENVELOPES, EACH WITH A PAIR OF TWO PIT 1 TICKETS!!

Immediately, I go to call my IORR friend / coworker hoping she wasn't in the stadium already, but as I go to do this, it turns out she was literally right next to us and saw us celebrate. I guess the line to get through security was super long, so she hadn't gotten in yet. Anyway, all 4 of us end up in Pit 1, just a couple people off the catwalk and about 8-10 rows back, with great sightlines and company. Couldn't believe it. Don't know if it was intentional or a mistake from the lady at the ticket counter, but it was the craziest lucky story.

On top of that, get this-- my IORR friend says her concert partner was looking at their original side stage lucky dip tix and the seat numbers while waiting in the security line. Her friend picked the ticket of the two with the seat number 13 saying "I'll take 13 because it's my lucky number" -- and RIGHT as she said that, I pulled the 4 pit tickets and they saw us, and we all get pit together. Not only that, but 13 is MY lucky number (wore it throughout playing sports) so I have to believe there was some rock and roll higher power at play here.

Lastly, when we were in the pit, there was a younger guy in his 20's who bought he and his mom a pit ticket as neither one had ever seen the stones before, let alone that close. They were so excited to see them and were having a blast the whole show... well... during Start Me Up, Ronnie tossed out one of his picks and there was a big scramble by everyone in the area...but the guy's mom caught the pick! They were on cloud 9. It was so awesome. And I caught it on video!

Amazing time. This is why it's all worth it!!

Benjiboy13 I met you in Pit1 because I spotted your Rosebowl shirt...I traveled from Pasadena to Glendale with a friend who got in Pit 1 there with Lucky Dip tix. I was so happy for her and so happy for you when I heard of your "double dip" experience. You asked me what was the best way to experience the pit...I trust you sorted it out. If you had half the amazing time I did you were ecstatic...best night of my life (out of many with the Stones). We got an EPIC unforgettable night in Glendale!

Posted by: snoopy2 ()
Date: August 28, 2019 20:14

JadedFaded
hockenheim95
JadedFaded
Anybody know who the guy in the Lakers shirt was who was in the security aisle by pit 1?

Should be Chucky Klapow, Micks dance teacher.

Thanks, that had to be who he was. He kept running back and forth filming Mick with his phone and smiling like crazy. I guess he was proud of his star pupil. Mick’s dancing was incredible.

thumbs upsmiling smiley

Posted by: Mojoworkin ()
Date: August 28, 2019 20:26

dnewton99
oh bummer - that was song my camera cut off or something - missed the end in vids.. Anyone else got a vid?

Just now getting around to checking posts about this show in Tell Me...I was there in Pit 1 when this incident happened. Mick was indeed concerned about a hassle between fans when people were trying to cut in front of others. The victims of the cutters were trying to get security's attention but security didn't get what was happening and it caused a bit of a ruckus. Mick must have had a better view of the kerfuffle from his vantage point, but I was surprised he addressed it while he was performing! A guy was arguing with security literally right at the barrier where I was, blocking my view and ruining it for me! Luckily it died down and I went on to enjoy the most amazing experience in my life for the rest of the show! (My BFF who was next to me got video of all of this)

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: August 28, 2019 21:40

mab1888
Hairball
MisterDDDD
Hairball
Second shortest review I've ever written with just a few random thoughts:

- Absolutely Smokin' HOT show! And I'm not referring to temperature as there was AC inside...
- Had some Shepherds Pie at McFaddens Pub/Saloon pre-show - very good, but my English mother-in-law makes it a thousand times better no doubt about it.
- My friend Mike "Snap" and I were very lucky with our Lucky Dips...Pit 2.
- Midnight Rambler and Paint it Black highlights - oh yeah...
- Sad, Sad, Sad was unwelcome, but it sounded better than I remembered
- Completely drained of energy, and my legs and feet are burning...three or four days in Phoenix will do it to ya.
- Early flight back home to the cool breeze of the SoCal Coast, then off to see ZZ Top tomorrow night.
- What could possibly have been my last Stones show ever (?) will be remembered for eternity, though I have a feeling I might see them again somewhere down the road.

GOD BLESS THE ROLLING STONES! thumbs up

Congrats on the LD's Hairball!
Wish I coulda made this one... great show and would have been nice to see Mike (Snap) again.. great guy. Enjoy ZZ Top!

Thanks MisterDDDD - was double Lucky this tour > 2 for 2 > Pit 2 with Lucky Dips , and the other two shows had fantastic seats bought at face value.
Ran into many friends in Pit 2 last night, several who were also in there via Lucky Dips - a massive celebration the entire show.
Currently at Phoenix airport after three hours sleep, driving across town, dropping off rental car, shuttle, TSA, etc. and hanging by a thread. And I wouldn't have it any other way!
The things we do to see the Rolling Stones ha. It's gonna be bittersweet when the current tour is over - THE ROLLING STONES NORTH AMERICA 2019!!!,
but I've had a blast ever since it started (whether at the shows or not), and will have fond memories forever...good times. thumbs up

Looking forward to following the Miami show online here, but not sure of the status other than Dorian is evolving into a hurricane! eye popping smiley
Going to check the Miami thread now, but hoping the show goes on as planned for all those with travel plans, tickets, etc.

EDIT: Forgot to add, as with the case of every Stones show when you leave a city the day after from an airport, many Stones fans milling around right now. Some proudly wearing their Stones shirts as a badge of honor,
and some looking like how I feel....exhausted and haggard in a zombie-like trance...eyes glazed over and staring into space...mumbling gibberish ...drooling...typing nonsense on their latops...winking smileyLOL.

Glad you made it to the airport in time hairball.
Had a great time hanging out with you the past couple of days.
Safe travels back home
That was a hot show last night....just like the weather...smiling smiley

Thanks mab, it was a pleasure meeting and hanging out with you also.
And thanks for the tip on the Phoenix morning traffic - maneuvered my way through it all fairly quickly and unscathed - a piece of cake compared to the hellish L.A. traffic!
You got my number, send me a text and stay in touch. If you're ever visiting here, I'll teach you how to surf! smileys with beer

On a side note - when I got home my wife "surprised" me by saying we're going back to Vegas with a fully comped room this upcoming Labor Day weekend as she has Monday off of work.
Have to say it was very difficult to act excited in my post-Arizona delerium lol. More heat and more fun in the desert sun w/excessive heat warnings and temps hovering around 109F. eye popping smiley Bless her soul....

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: August 29, 2019 02:27

Did anyone here, besides me, have Lucky Dips in Glendale and not end up in the pit?

Date: August 29, 2019 03:37

We drove in from San Diego County Monday, arrived 3:30, grabbed a bite to eat, then got to the stadium at 4:30. It was SO HOT. Standing in line to get in was very uncomfortable. They should have had misters set up. Guess they’ve never had a pit situation before where fans line up super early to get in. Eventually they let us into one of the tunnels where it was a bit cooler than the 107 outside. It took us forever to get out of the stadium, but we got out of the parking lot relatively quickly and onto 101 South. Then headed West on the 10 hoping to get a room in Buckeye. None available. Had to drive to Quartzsite—nothing before there. Got there at 2 AM and stayed in possibly the worst motel I’ve ever stayed in. Kept thinking about Mick’s brand new mattress in every hotel and wishing I had a firm, clean one in Quartzsite. Oh well, a mere 3 1/2 hour drive home the next morning on CA backroads. Beautiful scenery. All of it worth it to see our favorite band. The Glendale show was tremendous.

Posted by: iraq0708 ()
Date: August 29, 2019 03:54

Brilliant gig. Period.

Date: August 29, 2019 04:47

I liked when Mick said that walking to the b stage was like the parting of the Red Sea!

I liked his red shirt.

Posted by: fzv98d ()
Date: August 29, 2019 05:02

Posting my videos from Glendale now. I think I got some good stuff.Get Off Of My Cloud

Posted by: stoneslib ()
Date: August 29, 2019 05:12

BluzDude
Did anyone here, besides me, have Lucky Dips in Glendale and not end up in the pit?

We got decent side views in Section 133 via LD.

Posted by: 2014Slayer ()
Date: August 29, 2019 05:31

JadedFaded
We drove in from San Diego County Monday, arrived 3:30, grabbed a bite to eat, then got to the stadium at 4:30. It was SO HOT. Standing in line to get in was very uncomfortable. They should have had misters set up. Guess they’ve never had a pit situation before where fans line up super early to get in. Eventually they let us into one of the tunnels where it was a bit cooler than the 107 outside. It took us forever to get out of the stadium, but we got out of the parking lot relatively quickly and onto 101 South. Then headed West on the 10 hoping to get a room in Buckeye. None available. Had to drive to Quartzsite—nothing before there. Got there at 2 AM and stayed in possibly the worst motel I’ve ever stayed in. Kept thinking about Mick’s brand new mattress in every hotel and wishing I had a firm, clean one in Quartzsite. Oh well, a mere 3 1/2 hour drive home the next morning on CA backroads. Beautiful scenery. All of it worth it to see our favorite band. The Glendale show was tremendous.

Bummer! Yes we drove in from San Diego on Monday also. We bought our pit tickets last Monday after Santa Clara, and were able to snag a room in Goodyear the same day, but that hotel sold out pretty quickly that day. Got to hotel about 3:15 on Monday, rested a bit and headed to concert. I must say we were really impressed with traffic and parking control. We sat and rested for a bit after concert before heading to car, because traffic wasn't moving, but when we did we got right out of the lot. The 101 was bumper to bumper, but fortunately we had a map so were able to get hotel on side streets. We got on the road early, stopped in Dateland for Date Shakes, and made it back to San Diego before our deserts got too hot. It was the first time taking my newconcad 2017 Kia Soul across desert and mountains and it did great! What a wonderful concert and easy trip!

Date: August 29, 2019 06:30

We drove past the Date Shake, but didn’t stop for one. smiling smiley

Date: August 29, 2019 06:33

Posting Honky Tonk Women now. Lucas Jagger and his mom were in Pit 1.
[www.youtube.com]Honky Tonk Women

Posted by: snoopy2 ()
Date: August 29, 2019 07:12

The more I reflect, the more this was my favorite show.. Chi2 had my favorite setlist, but this show was everything else smiling smiley

Posted by: mab1888 ()
Date: August 29, 2019 08:12

Straycat13
I liked when Mick said that walking to the b stage was like the parting of the Red Sea!

I liked his red shirt.

That was a local reference. The Cardinal home games are made up of a large, very loud crowd....its one of the loudest crowds in the NFL.

They call their fans at the game "The Red Sea"

Points to whoever did the homework for the local references for the Stones.

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: August 29, 2019 08:16

I went to the 3 most recent shows and they were all great IMHO but I thought Glendale had the worst sound as it was bouncing all over the place, the warmup band sounded horrible then they finally opened the roof a bit and the sound improved but it wasn’t up to par with the 2 prior shows.

On the positive side, getting in and out of the stadium was a breeze compared to the Rose Bowl and Santa Clara, also the food and drink and parking were much less expensive.

Date: August 29, 2019 14:14

I liked the final bows with Mick and Keith together, and then Mick turned around with Charlie and raised Charlie’s hand in victory! And, then Mick’s last kiss to the crowd. Sweet!

Date: August 29, 2019 14:36

MisterDDDD
Ronnie Wood:
Loved seeing you last night @alicecooper thumbs upcool smileycool smiley

[twitter.com]

Interview with Alice cooper
[youtu.be]

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: August 29, 2019 18:02

fzv98d
Posting my videos from Glendale now. I think I got some good stuff.Get Off Of My Cloud

This one captures the moment in the last verse where Mick surprises Charlie ...

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: August 29, 2019 18:42

Green Lady
fzv98d

[www.youtube.com]

So cool....>grinning smiley<

Date: August 29, 2019 19:39

Maindefender
Green Lady
fzv98d

[www.youtube.com]

So cool....>grinning smiley<

Haha nice - Charlie's loving it! grinning smiley

snoopy2
The more I reflect, the more this was my favorite show.. Chi2 had my favorite setlist, but this show was everything else smiling smiley

thumbs up

Yeah snoopy2 - it was an amazing show in every way!
I still can't pick and an absolute favorite of the shows I saw, or maybe I just won't pick a favorite as each one was a thrill in their own unique way. I see it as four continuous chapters in a book of epic proportions.
Or like the Godfather I and II...hard to separate those two movies as I consider them as one lengthy masterpiece when combined together. With that in mind, and n the case of the Stones shows I saw this tour,
I'll consider them as an incredible saga - The Stones I, The Stones II, The Stones III, and The Stones IV...all part of one great masterpiece!

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: August 29, 2019 20:08

-

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-08-29 20:40 by Stoneage.

Posted by: rovalle ()
Date: August 29, 2019 23:01

I'm still shitting joy from my LD Pit 2 tickets...what a show!!!

Date: August 30, 2019 00:08

rovalle
I'm still shitting joy from my LD Pit 2 tickets...what a show!!!

Joy to the world! grinning smiley

Gimme Shelter in Glendale
Date: August 29, 2019 17:39

I've loaded almost all of my Glendale videos to youtube now. Shot from Pit 1, here is Gimme Shelter.

Gimme Shelter Glendale

Goto Page: Previous123456789Next
Current Page: 8 of 9

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1472
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home