Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Blondie Chaplin
Posted by: pftw04 ()
Date: August 25, 2019 20:00

Now this man was in the band as back guitarist and vocalist from late 90s till 2006. Good. However from 2012 till now he is not sharing stage with STONES which us good thing. Just want to know did they fire him

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-08-26 05:19 by bv.

Re: Blondie chaplin
Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: August 25, 2019 20:04

Not sure if he was fired or not, but he seemed unnecessary...sort of diluted the purity. Glad he found something else to do.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-08-25 20:04 by Hairball.

Posted by: rlj1010 ()
Date: August 25, 2019 21:00

I've seen him a few times over the last 5 years, playing with Brian Wilson's band. He's looking rough these days.

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: August 25, 2019 21:30

In general - good they cut the band down to 11 people (could be without Matt as well).

I think Mick was a bit unhappy with Blondie. He thought Blondie had a bad influence on Keith with drinking and drugs.

Posted by: rlj1010 ()
Date: August 25, 2019 21:44

[www.rollingstone.com]

Why weren’t you on the last Rolling Stones tour?

It’s just like anything – they’re downsizing. They want to keep the band small. That’s the reason I was given. That’s fine. It’s their prerogative to do so. I’ve had a great time working for them. But that’s the reason I know, just downsizing in any way and cutting back the band. The band got smaller, and I think that opens things for other people, so the chapter ends and another one opens.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: August 25, 2019 21:48

He thought Blondie had a bad influence on Keith with drinking and drugs....

Yeah ….. how ya know that ?????

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Promoman2 ()
Date: August 25, 2019 21:50

rlj1010
I've seen him a few times over the last 5 years, playing with Brian Wilson's band. He's looking rough these days.

Also saw him with Beth Hart and Bonamassa. He seemed happy there and played a good part. And I vaguely recall see him on another occasion. Cannot remember when though.

Despite his qualities I prefer the purity of the current line up. Back in the day he was definitively adding value with Ronnies drinking and Keith's posing.

Posted by: bleedingman ()
Date: August 26, 2019 03:07

He's a brilliant artist but he followed the money and who can blame him? Saw him with the Beach Boys and he almost stole the show. He was a non-entity with the Stones.

Posted by: tommycharles ()
Date: August 26, 2019 03:14

It’s relaxed a fair bit since, but in ‘12/13 they really did want to present a stripped back band. The vocalists and horns were off stage for most of the first act, and Clifford wasn’t on stage at all.

Blondie’s “that’s the reason I was given” remarks make it sound like there was an altering motive, but I don’t see why there had to have been.

Posted by: donvis ()
Date: August 26, 2019 05:08

I have seen Blondie several times with Brian Wilson ! And every time he steals the show ! He solos his guitar and moves all over the stage like a rock God when he is with Brian !!!

Posted by: bv ()
Date: August 26, 2019 05:19

They downsized the act. Nothing more complicated really. Less people on stage, less complicated, and saving a bit of cost as well.

When they rehearse, before tours, the band is seven. RS-4 + Chuck, Darryl and Matt. Then they scale up for the production rehearsals.

I think they have the complete setup now. Tim is great on sax and also on the Hammond Organ on special songs. Carl doing great on his part. Sasha and Bernard important part of the production on the big stage.

Still, Echoplex 2013 was fun, just the core band, Ronnie doing the solo on Brown Sugar, but that is a long long time ago, 130 or so shows ago.

Bjornulf

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-08-26 05:29 by bv.

Re: Blondie Chaplin
Posted by: bv ()
Date: August 26, 2019 05:28

Blondie was at the Diamond VIP room guest of Keith and the band at the Rose Bowl show in Pasadena:

[www.instagram.com]

Bjornulf

Re: Blondie Chaplin
Posted by: jmd ()
Date: August 26, 2019 06:38

Saw Blondie one day while I was eating lunch at a local South Bay pizza place a few years back. He was walking to the minimart in same strip mall. (He’s not someone you’d mistake for someone else.) Very nice guy.

He’s lived in the South Bay Area of So Cal for several years...read in a local paper he now lives in San Pedro area.

Makes sense he’d be at the Pasadena show...

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1439
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home